TT Quebec: Congrats to PAVANILAI and James/MH0861 for their titles! - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 13th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #256
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TT Quebec: Diffs tuesday in post#200 and #201

You guys, my partner sent his picks to the person who posted the OOP 12 hours ago, it's not like he cheated or something. If the situation was reversed, wouldn't you feel the same way as us?
Advertisement

Old Sep 13th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #257
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1980 View Post
You guys, my partner sent his picks to the person who posted the OOP 12 hours ago, it's not like he cheated or something. If the situation was reversed, wouldn't you feel the same way as us?
I agree completely but take it up with the Board. Rules are rules. I love this game!! Until they change it, it is what it is. This is like Serena's hindrance. Did Stosur really have a play on the ball? No, but rules are rules.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #258
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

This is the current rule:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
New Rule Regarding Picks Sent to the Wrong Person

- where a player sends picks to the person who posts the OOP, then even when it is clearly marked who the PM should be sent to, if the player sends his picks to the person who posted the OOP or any other understandable person (eg the regular assistant manager) then picks CAN be accepted for play as long as they are forwarded to the rightful recipient (ie the manager) before the deadline for picks to be in.
(please note that this excludes doubles partners, so if i sent my picks to slokid and not the manager, the picks will not be counted even if slokid forwards them.)

example of the rule in practice:

joe87 is the tournament manager. meelis posts the OOP for joe. chris 84 then sends his picks to meelis, having misread the instructions. if meelis forwards the picks to joe87 before the deadline, then the picks will count. if not, they will not count. meelis is not forced to forward the picks, and chris 84 cannot complain if he doesn't, because essentially it is all chris's fault for not reading the instructions.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #259
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I don't get about that rule: If there is a time stamp on when the picks are sent why does it matter if the person forwards them before the deadline?

If the picks are sent before the deadline, they're sent before the deadline regardless of when they get forwarded.
TT Singles Current Ranking: #1 (CH Ranking: #1)
Titles(6): Linz 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #28 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles(7): Sofia TOC 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
TT GOAT Armada, Inger67 & SAISAI-GOAT, Shenzhen AO WC Playoff 2014
Inger67 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #260
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
One thing I don't get about that rule: If there is a time stamp on when the picks are sent why does it matter if the person forwards them before the deadline?

If the picks are sent before the deadline, they're sent before the deadline regardless of when they get forwarded.
The issue is only one PM is being forwarded after the deadline. Theoretically, you could send different PMs before the deadline, and then forward whichever one you want after play has started after the deadline while play is in progress, so the timestamp wouldn't be enough. I'm not saying this is happening here at all, but it's the current rule and is very clear. It can always be re-evaluated before the next season.
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #261
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH0861 View Post
The issue is only one PM is being forwarded after the deadline. Theoretically, you could send different PMs before the deadline, and then forward whichever one you want after play has started after the deadline while play is in progress, so the timestamp wouldn't be enough. I'm not saying this is happening here at all, but it's the current rule and is very clear. It can always be re-evaluated before the next season.
Ahhh, yeah that makes sense

I didn't even think about that option
TT Singles Current Ranking: #1 (CH Ranking: #1)
Titles(6): Linz 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #28 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles(7): Sofia TOC 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
TT GOAT Armada, Inger67 & SAISAI-GOAT, Shenzhen AO WC Playoff 2014
Inger67 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #262
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

So our picks are fine then as traddles forwarded them before play started?
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #263
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Mladenovic getting creamed
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #264
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So our picks are fine then as traddles forwarded them before play started?
traddles realized after the deadline that he had Jean's picks. So they don't count.
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 01:58 AM   #265
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
people wanted stricter rules on this matter, and whilst i sympathise with you entirely, rules are rules and this rule is now quite clear. in the past there was more leeway, but people were constantly complaining (rightly or wrongly) about the vagueness and discretionary elements of the rules, so this is what we did.

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #266
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad it didn't affect the outcome anyway, but thanks to the board for weighing in. Perhaps this rule can be revisited for 2014 if people are not happy with it.
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 04:08 AM   #267
country flag traddles

traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of

OOP Saturday

Christina MCHALE (USA) v Marina ERAKOVIC (NZE) TB2
Eugenie BOUCHARD (CAN) v Lucie SAFAROVA (CZE) TB3

Deadline at 1 pm local time.

Picks count for the first day of two-day finals in singles and doubles.

Please send all picks to rvugt. And only last names please.
traddles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #268
country flag Drake1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH0861 View Post
I'm glad it didn't affect the outcome anyway, but thanks to the board for weighing in. Perhaps this rule can be revisited for 2014 if people are not happy with it.
Congrats! win the title now!
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #269
country flag Sonja1989

Sonja1989 is a splendid one to behold Sonja1989 is a splendid one to behold Sonja1989 is a splendid one to behold Sonja1989 is a splendid one to behold Sonja1989 is a splendid one to behold Sonja1989 is a splendid one to behold Sonja1989 is a splendid one to behold Sonja1989 is a splendid one to behold Sonja1989 is a splendid one to behold Sonja1989 is a splendid one to behold Sonja1989 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
Where is the TT Nazi when you need him? The picks should not be accepted. End of sentence. You guys wanted people to run this game to take all the fun out of it and have a million rules, well here you go. Let's keep it consistent. Picks shouldn't count. Fun, right?
No idea who you are thinking about but calling anyone 'TT Nazi' typifies the person that said.

Like list for WTA - Radwanska, Wozniacki, Sharapova and Clijsters
About guys - Granollers, Kubot, Almagro, Nadal, Isner, Bellucci, Robredo
Sonja1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #270
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future
Jasonchou vs pavanilai: mchale 2-1 vs erakovic 2-1

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Fed cup rules

Amount of tournament for ranking
rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote