Nick Symmonds, silver medallist in 800m, dedicates medal to gay people - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #91
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nick Symmonds, silver medallist in 800m, dedicates medal to gay people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
Wasn't that awarded because of her achievements. I don't like Margaret Court but I still believe the WTA has to honour her for her achievements at events, you can't now award people honours on the stipulation they also agree with your beliefs, thats ridiculous. Now had Yelena failed a drug test or something I could see your point but that award has nothing to do with her views. Well I'm assuming its not.
its not only about her sports results: if you read about the prize, you will know it says they also take into consideration the morals from the people who gets the prize, and his/her fight for human rights so yeah, they should take that prize off from here
it has almost 13,000 signs in 24 hours btw

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2013, 08:10 AM   #92

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 17th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #93

Old Aug 17th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #94
country flag Monzanator

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
heptathlete louis hazel says isinbayeva´s role as youth olimpics ambassador should be reviewed:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/23721645
And what exactly has Louise Hazel done in athletics compared to Isinbayeva? She's not worthy of carrying the poles after her and now talks like she's a multiple Olympic & World champion. What a tool

Quote:
Wasn't that awarded because of her achievements. I don't like Margaret Court but I still believe the WTA has to honour her for her achievements at events, you can't now award people honours on the stipulation they also agree with your beliefs, thats ridiculous. Now had Yelena failed a drug test or something I could see your point but that award has nothing to do with her views. Well I'm assuming its not.
Yeah, I can totally see the gay community trying to revoke all her medals & records in the near future.

Sorry, but Isinbayeva doesn't support gay people and they just have to move the heck on from this
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Nantes 50k '10, Bucharest 75k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #95
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by triphop26 View Post
I have the same thought on that. Almost all of her awards were granted to her because of her great sport achievements, so I just don't get it why some people want to take them back from her. If some of her awards were awarded by LGBT communities or organizations for her role in helping homosexuals all over the world, then ok, those awards should be taken back from her.

Poor Isinbayeva from hero to zero, just for being honest - I prefer to hear the actual POV of an athlete, even if it's homophobic, than some public relations play to the crowd.
Well - in fact I prefer to hear the truth from anyone.
Is she being honest or following the party beliefs so that she can get into politics
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #96
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats an interesting point too, in Ireland some political parties "recruit" some former athletes to run for election and in so many cases they just spout party line. Political parties love athletes because they are good vote getters and usually aren't that knowledgeable of real political issues to rock the boat when elected.
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
And what exactly has Louise Hazel done in athletics compared to Isinbayeva? She's not worthy of carrying the poles after her and now talks like she's a multiple Olympic & World champion. What a tool

Yeah, I can totally see the gay community trying to revoke all her medals & records in the near future.

Sorry, but Isinbayeva doesn't support gay people and they just have to move the heck on from this
nothing, so what?? who cares about this? irrelevant to this topic

Old Aug 17th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #98
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Well if its irrelevant surely the BBC will give me a platform to discuss this issue, she is only being mentioned because she's an athlete and frankly is more well known for one date with Michael Fassbender than heptathlon.
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #99
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Green Tregaro was instructed by the IAAF to change her nail polish.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #100
*Sesil*

IAAF Seriously, don't they realise that'll just fuel the fire.
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #101

it was pretty clear they didnt want to show emma green on the tv today disgusting

Old Aug 17th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #102
country flag Monzanator

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
nothing, so what?? who cares about this? irrelevant to this topic
Yeah, right... it's like Sharapova giving tips to Serena about how to win Grand Slams Guess you wouldn't be so cool with that? Hazel is a nobody compared to Isinbayeva and should shut the heck up!

This should be only about sport and not politics. Let's leave the gay community nagging about the Russian law somewhere else

Quote:
IAAF Seriously, don't they realise that'll just fuel the fire.
What fire? There's no way past Mother Russia when she puts the hammer down
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Nantes 50k '10, Bucharest 75k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #103

she didnt tell her how to jump, but how to behave and respect human rights

on that, surely she is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than isinbayeva

Old Aug 17th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #104
country flag Monzanator

Who cares about human rights when there are millions of children dying of famine every single year?
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #105

if someone was defending what you mentioned happening, wouldnt you be against them??