US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5 - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 18th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #76
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

R3 & R4 are the best.

Vartan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 18th, 2013, 09:30 AM   #77
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypova View Post
I still think Maria is going to have a decent run at this year's open. QF or SF
This are my expectations and I'm fine with it. Hopefully she won't lose in R1, R2 or R3

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #78
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
I usually get tickets the day the draw comes out for the 3rd or fourth round, but maybe I should get earlier round tickets this time... #fakefan

the problem is also night or day tickets

are you gonna come see her practice?
Yeah I'll be going for day/night that weekend seeing some R3/R4 . And I may be courtside on August 31 .

I'll only be able to see her practices during that weekend because I'll be at school in DC and only have time to go for those 2 days. Gurl BETTER NOT FLOP before then
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #79
country flag Asanty

Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future

Why this is still not here?
@TennisReporters Word off court is Sharapova made her dad Yuri call Connors to fire him cause it was Yuri who urged hire in 1st place
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #80
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

It's looking like more and more of a shame that Maria's in the state that she's in heading into the US Open when you break down the other contenders. Yes, Serena is still the huge favorite to win, but she hasn't been close to her best this summer and she has a bit of an abdominal issue right now. And then there's Vika. Her serve is an absolute joke and last night's match was one of the most disgraceful matches I've seen in years. It would be a massive black eye on women's tennis if she gets anywhere near an Open title this season. Then you have the usual round of suspects like Li, Stosur, Kvitova, Woz, Jankovic, Lisicki, Errani, etc., none of which are setting the world on fire. I'd say Radwanska has been the best player behind Serena, but even at her best, Agi isn't going to scare a normal Maria.

So the US Open this year looks as getable as it's going to be and it's too bad Maria couldn't be entering it rolling on all cylinders.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #81
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
It's looking like more and more of a shame that Maria's in the state that she's in heading into the US Open when you break down the other contenders. Yes, Serena is still the huge favorite to win, but she hasn't been close to her best this summer and she has a bit of an abdominal issue right now. And then there's Vika. Her serve is an absolute joke and last night's match was one of the most disgraceful matches I've seen in years. It would be a massive black eye on women's tennis if she gets anywhere near an Open title this season. Then you have the usual round of suspects like Li, Stosur, Kvitova, Woz, Jankovic, Lisicki, Errani, etc., none of which are setting the world on fire. I'd say Radwanska has been the best player behind Serena, but even at her best, Agi isn't going to scare a normal Maria.

So the US Open this year looks as getable as it's going to be and it's too bad Maria couldn't be entering it rolling on all cylinders.
I'm scared how much I'm agreeing with you lately But yes, if Maria had just managed to produce her form from IW/Miami (which in itself wasn't spectacular) then that would've been enough to make her the form player heading into the USO with the WTA in the state it's in right now. Sadly, it's inkeeping with her tendency since mid-2012 to peak at the wrong times and not capitalise when there's opportunities.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #82
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Not to worry guys, Masha's practising on AA with Yuri and Grigor
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #83
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

That picture has cheered me right up!
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #84
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

As much as I disliked Yuri at times (like walking out on her in that Radwanska match), I've never been more glad to see him back. Plus, Grigor's there

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #85
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
Depends on the draw really, if she's on the opposite half to Rena I would get night session tickets but you never do know. Is buying both then selling whatever session isn't needed an option?

And yeah, I'd be going for R1/R2 tickets.
I guess I could sell them, but it would be hard so last minute. Last year I asked you guys and everyone said she would be playing the day session because she always does that weekend, but of course she ended up playing the night session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
Yeah I'll be going for day/night that weekend seeing some R3/R4 . And I may be courtside on August 31 .

I'll only be able to see her practices during that weekend because I'll be at school in DC and only have time to go for those 2 days. Gurl BETTER NOT FLOP before then
Watching Maria courtside is the most amazing thing! How will you get those tickets?
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #86
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

So the good thing is no more pressure on Maria in US Open
All the pressure now is on Azarenka and Serena
All she needs is stay strong and keep working
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#29
PAW Rank:#29 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#81.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #87
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post

Watching Maria courtside is the most amazing thing! How will you get those tickets?
My father has work connections it's come in handy many times in the past, not just with tennis

But yes, watching Maria courtside is amazing, although I had to witness that IW horror against Errani in the QF this year and I wanted to die about 12 times

Also, Yuri back helping Maria has given me so much life after this hell week
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 01:27 AM   #88
country flag TheShowMustGoOn
Erm...

TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice

Really nervous for the USO, hope to high heavens that she is in a good frame of mind for it, I don't expect her to win it but I want a SF run at least.

Maybe I'm asking too much.

'08 - '12 - '04 - '06

Last edited by TheShowMustGoOn : Aug 19th, 2013 at 02:15 AM.
TheShowMustGoOn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:58 AM   #89
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

well, she's already there.
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #90
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

Good luck Maria. I really want her to win but I have a bad feeling. Please stay healthy

Steffi Graf best female tennis player ever

Last edited by **mashafierce** : Aug 19th, 2013 at 09:11 AM.
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote