US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #16
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

good edit you never know these lurkers
(S) New Haven 2012 (D) AO 2014 (w/Zenith.), Miami 2014

Sharapova Pennetta Hingis Benčič A.Radwańska Williams Golovin Vekić Barthel Šafářová Keys Robson Bouchard Konjuh Davenport
Effy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #17
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
Yep exactly. I think she'll be back on track for next year, but it pisses me off because there was nothing wrong with her game with Hoggy she's just not good on grass anymore this change just seams totally unnecessary for me and I think someone so high-profile as Jimmy won't be a long term collaboration. And I think if she was with Hoggy she could have won the USO if she got lucky and something happened to Serena. Now 2013 seems kind of like a wasted year to me.

EDIT: when I say something happened to Serena I mean if she lost not like if she got injured
There were numerous issues in her game. She was a reliable deep contender, but outside of clay she needed to get lucky with the draw or play her absolute best to win tournaments.

Maybe the timing of the change sucks, but Maria should NOT have been satisfied with her game. The change was needed IMO, nothing was improving anymore.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #18
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
There were numerous issues in her game. She was a reliable deep contender, but outside of clay she needed to get lucky with the draw or play her absolute best to win tournaments.

Maybe the timing of the change sucks, but Maria should NOT have been satisfied with her game. The change was needed IMO, nothing was improving anymore.
Yeah I agree that there are issues in her game, but I'm not so sure if it was Hoggy's fault or that they weren't trying to fix them, I mean if we can see what the issues are I'm sure so can the experts But yeah timing to change coach was definitely not a good one and I'm not so sure Connors is the right choice. Maybe if she felt Thomas couldn't bring anything more to her game she should have waiter till the off season or after the USO to change coach. Or at least be willing to play some more tournaments up to the Open because she definitely needs the match practice.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #19
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I think a match like that is good for her though, Connors won't be coming on court so at least it was an opportunity to get used to that. That in itself will take time to get used to, Hoggy would have been on twice yesterday but that isn't the case now.

IDK what it is though, I'm not really sure what this relationship is all about, it could just be a temp IMG thing and maybe Connors doesn't want to risk embarrassing himself by whatever he says. Although sometimes she could do with a not-so-nice earful. I don't think she'd respond badly to that like other players do, I think it would fire her up and that he could certainly give her that.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #20
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Maria on why she didn't take the WC for New Haven:
Quote:
“I'm planning on playing a lot of matches in New York, and just for the body it's tough to play a week before if you're planning on doing extremely well in that event,” she told reporters. "I've just never done it in my career, so why start now? … I'll probably go to Florida. I train there a lot. I have a home there, so pretty close.”
I like her confidence
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #21
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

^ Kudos to her, but I don't know how she can expect anything major from the Open after that horrific display yesterday

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 12:41 AM   #22
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

I'm still believe in her, A bad day can't bring a fighter down
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 01:31 AM   #23
country flag FurqanMashaFan#1

FurqanMashaFan#1 is a glorious beacon of light FurqanMashaFan#1 is a glorious beacon of light FurqanMashaFan#1 is a glorious beacon of light FurqanMashaFan#1 is a glorious beacon of light FurqanMashaFan#1 is a glorious beacon of light FurqanMashaFan#1 is a glorious beacon of light FurqanMashaFan#1 is a glorious beacon of light FurqanMashaFan#1 is a glorious beacon of light FurqanMashaFan#1 is a glorious beacon of light FurqanMashaFan#1 is a glorious beacon of light FurqanMashaFan#1 is a glorious beacon of light

She had a hip injury she is just coming back from 7 week hiatus give her some time it's clear she didn't practice much before now she has 2 full weeks Hope for the best because she is the best
FurqanMashaFan#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #24
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

its in 2 week why is this thread even open.....
Silas is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #25
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

You are such a witch, Tranya. I was gonna open this, now the flop is on you and I shall make you pay for it.
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #26
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
^ Kudos to her, but I don't know how she can expect anything major from the Open after that horrific display yesterday
she expects the best from herself every time she steps onto the court
she's not a quitter and whiner like most of her fans, and that's why she achieved what she achieved and continues to do so. You can always turn into Jimmie and start bandwagoning another player if you feel like it anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.

Last edited by madmax : Aug 15th, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #27
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute
Flop last couple of tournaments or not, I don't think we're at a point that we should expect her to win or be satisfied with her winning just a couple of rounds. She still can have a deep run here.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #28
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
she expects the best from herself every time she steps onto the court
she's not a quitter and whiner like most of her fans, and that's why she achieved what she achieved and continues to do so. You can always turn into Jimmie and start bandwagoning another player if you feel like it anyway
Ffs, when did I show signs of wanting to stop cheering for Maria for you to accuse like this? I will never stop supporting her, no matter her results, but I'm trying to be realistic here. I watched big portion of that match, and 6 weeks or not, she looked like an amateur at times, hitting balls to the net and a couple of meters out. If she can sort that out in two weeks, great, but in my book, she is behind Serena, Vika and any other player that suddenly finds her form as a contender for this one, and that's ok. Anyway, I wrote what I did in a joking matter. But again, I don't see the point in justifying myself to you, so...

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #29
country flag PimpMePova

So everywhere on Twitter people are saying she dumped Connors. I mean this is getting better and better so now she'll head into the USO without a coach
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #30
country flag PimpMePova

It's not confirmed by her camp yet but I don't think they'd make up a story like that plus isn't he in LA now and she's in Florida