US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5 - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:15 AM   #211
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

I'm in shock. This is such a horrible news, not shoulder again
Wish Maria all the best and I know she will bounce back. But it will take some time to fully recover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:19 AM   #212
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

The worst news to wake up to

I really hope it isn't too serious
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:24 AM   #213
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehellenia. View Post
[size="4"][font="Garamond"]
Never play back to back weeks again bar the Slams and IW-Miami(maybe skip one of them), never do the Asian swing ever again, forget about Madrid and the Doha/Dubai double.
I don't have a problem with her playing one or two of the Asian swing events if she would choose to do so. But I agree that it would be a bad idea to play back to back weeks again. So in the future she'll have to choose, IW or Miami - Canada or Cincy. The claycourt swing could be a problem with Stuttgart, Madrid and Rome. The first and last of those being faves of her but Madrid is the mandatory. Which is weird btw since it's the least attractive tournament of the three. The Italian Open has always been a pretty prestigious title for as long as I can remember, so Rome should be the mandatory instead. Not that there's that much of a difference between a mandatory and a premier5 and I bet that most players would if forced to choose rather win Rome than Madrid.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:26 AM   #214
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
^^ Which tournaments, in the future? The four slams, obviously, YEC if she qualifies, Stuttgart because of Porsche, Rome, Cincy/Rogers Cup, Beijing and Indian Wells/Miami? Though I can't see her wanting to miss either of the last two, so maybe scratch Beijing off, but even then it's the proximity of them to each other that is worrying. Madrid can take a hike for all I care.
I think she really should've been ending her seasons after the US Open every year. Athletes who have shoulder surgery are advised to leave lots of solid blocks of rest, so I don't really know why she was risking playing those (relatively) inconsequential tournaments. And we know her shoulder was getting seriously stiff/fatigued towards the end of both the 2011 and 2012 seasons (Hogstedt said as much in one of the on-court chats in I think Tokyo last year, and in 2011 she was constantly flexing her shoulder during matches and her serving dived off a cliff after being good for most of the year).
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:30 AM   #215
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

spechless and very sad at the moment

Kvitova, Jankovic, Cepelova, Hantuchova, Ivanovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:33 AM   #216
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I really started to hit me that this could be really serious. I really hope its not as bad as 2008. I 'm not ready for her career to be over. I'm sure it wont be as she still has so much she wants to do but those negative thoughts do creep in from time to time.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:40 AM   #217
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

I'm scared too coming back from a serious shoulder injury once was unusual enough, but to do it twice...

I honestly wouldn't blame Maria if she decided she's achieved enough and it's not worth the long struggle again. But I really hope that's not the case and it heals relatively quickly. I don't expect to see her play again until at least the AO though
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:43 AM   #218
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's inflammation surrounding the area, so thankfully it's not a tear. Ofc if she'd continued to play a muscle tear would've been inevitable. What's positive is, she's much more clued up on this condition now, and the rehab should work to relieve the pain. She might need to have surgery again to repair the already damaged areas, but I have no doubt she'll be back on court. She's too much of a fighter. And from the sounds of things it's not as serious as 2008 so I'm still hopeful
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:55 AM   #219
country flag matthewg9

matthewg9 is a glorious beacon of light matthewg9 is a glorious beacon of light matthewg9 is a glorious beacon of light matthewg9 is a glorious beacon of light matthewg9 is a glorious beacon of light matthewg9 is a glorious beacon of light matthewg9 is a glorious beacon of light matthewg9 is a glorious beacon of light matthewg9 is a glorious beacon of light matthewg9 is a glorious beacon of light matthewg9 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm shocked.
When I read "shoulder" I was like "oh no, not again". I hope it's nothing too serious, but if it is, she should take all the time she needs to recovery.
matthewg9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:56 AM   #220
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

We're all going to be so sad around here for the next few months, aren't we?
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 10:03 AM   #221
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
We're all going to be so sad around here for the next few months, aren't we?
I dont know if we will be sad but I guessing its going to be super quiet. Quiet enough to make the last few months seem lively.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 10:16 AM   #222
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

to be honest i think it won't be serious like 2008. Remember how hurt she was in that match, i can't forget this moment
In my opinion this injury is not serious like this, so she still practise and play and do some extra exercise in same time, but the injury is not 100% heal, so she know she can't play her best in here, so take a long break to recovery 100%
Just my opinion, and hopefully it won't be serious like ur comments
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 11:04 AM   #223
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Well, we finally get the final bombshell from Maria in an increasingly depressing 2013. What a bizarre 2 months. It's just so much to digest.....

Obviously, this is career-threatening, given what she's already had to deal with concerning her shoulder. It really has been the scariest "what-if" scenario of the past 4 years. "What if her shoulder acts up again???" Shoulder exercises were still a big part of her daily routine, so I think it was apparent that it was still a fragile area and always would be kind of a ticking time bomb. I'm sure Maria knew that and it may have been a big reason why her serve was still so erratic at times. Her shoulder issues probably didn't allow her to experiment too much with different mechanics that could've helped.

I think this news should cause us to re-evaluate her accomplishments over these past 4 years. I believe now that the shoulder was never 100% after the surgery and maybe not even close to 100%. I think that was the big factor in why her serve and her overall game was so slow in coming around between 2009-2012. Maria was in a tough spot of trying to find a balance between playing her aggressive style of tennis that was her identity and yet still not putting too much stress on her shoulder. It must have been a really tough constant struggle for her. But she poured everything she had into clawing her way to the top again, even after being saddled with this handicap. And she got to number one again. And she won another major. And she completed the career slam.

I don't want to make this sound like a eulogy, but I think we can look at these past 4 years with more admiration and pride because despite her always putting on a brave, positive face and all her struggles, I think there was always a degree of uneasiness and discomfort with that shoulder. But she still won so much with it and she had that amazing 2012. Maria has shown to be a real warrior.
Mexicola Damn it, I went to bed last night seeing on my twitter that somebody wrote about the rumor that Maria might not play the Open, and then I wake up to this? Please let this not be as serious as last time, please I wanna be optimistic, but it's so freakin' hard right now

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:13 PM   #224
country flag LoveMasha2008

LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
And if she is really injured at the moment, why did she still practice, go to the gym, and wait until now to make the withdrawal announcement? You know, it's her right shoulder, so if she knew it got injured during June, she would try to recover it and withdraw everything. But she still came here, practiced, and even acted normally yesterday in her Sugarpova's event, said that "it's the last GS, so I'm excited and want to prepare well for it blahblahblah". I really don't get it. This is really weird.
Players are usually unwilling to reveal their injury problems, so that their weaknesses won't be exposed to the opponents. Back in 2008, her shoulder was re-injured in R4 of Indian Wells, but her camp didn't admit it until five months later, at Rogers Cup.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 02:01 PM   #225
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Well it's inflammation surrounding the area, so thankfully it's not a tear. Ofc if she'd continued to play a muscle tear would've been inevitable. What's positive is, she's much more clued up on this condition now, and the rehab should work to relieve the pain. She might need to have surgery again to repair the already damaged areas, but I have no doubt she'll be back on court. She's too much of a fighter. And from the sounds of things it's not as serious as 2008 so I'm still hopeful
I really hope you are right. She will be back surely. But when and after what? She didn't mention any 3-4 months, just a few weeks, so maybe she will show up at YEC?... But if that new injury requires some surgery, then I just don't know, I even can't think of the option she may retire soon. I am just not so ready. God, let us avoid that.
And I got used to this forum for all this time, it will be painful to see this place dying. Maria, please hold and fight!
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote