CanIGetaWhat, and lovers of R&B, House, and Acid Jazz, please come in.... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 05:27 AM   #1
BCP

BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold
CanIGetaWhat, and lovers of R&B, House, and Acid Jazz, please come in....

Hi CIGAW. I notice from your posts that you like things on the R&B tip. I hope that I am not being too forward by singling you out (as I am new to the board).

My absolute passion is music. My roots are house and acid jazz, though I have come to appreciate R&B more.

MY R&B favorites are
Jill Scott
Angie Stone (Mahogony Soul is incredible)
Erykah Badu
India Arie
Maxwell

There are often incredible house bootlegs that come out of their tracks once in a while, which I cane to death when i play out.

My soul gods are Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson

Have you tried/do you like:

Brand New heavies (acid Jazz)
Incognito (acid Jazz)
Young Disciples/ Carleen Anderson (acid jazz)

MJ Cole (2-step garage)
Wookie (2 step garage)
Artful Dodger (2 step garage)

Soul II Soul/ Carleen Anderson (UK soul)
Kenny Thomas (UK soul)
... and heaps more.

Are you into house at all? Let me know if I am being a bore, but it would be nice to find someone in here to talk music to...
BCP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 06:29 AM   #2
BCP

BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold
btw is Craig David starting to make an impact in the States?
Old Jan 11th, 2002, 10:05 PM   #3
country flag rightous

rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I love RnB I like Maxwell, India Arie, Sunshine Anderson, Mcy Gray, D'Angelo, they're all cool.

Soul II Soul they bought it to the next level, Back to Life is just wicked, I've always been a big fan of The Brand New Heavies, Midnite at the Oasis, Sometimes very cool.

I'm a big fan of Beverly Knight very undervalued, I think Craig David is doing ok in the states, his album has went gold and 'Fill Me In' got into the Top 20.
rightous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2002, 10:56 PM   #4
timmbo

timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice
Nothing like Miss Toni Braxton. I could just sit by a fire with someone u love and listen to her and be in the mood all nite
Im sexy, im cute, im popular to boot, im bitching, great hair, all the boyz like to stare, im full of spirt and more, I swear im not a whore, im a cheerleader, yeah, yeah, a cheerleader, yeah, yeah!!!!
timmbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2002, 11:22 PM   #5
country flag rightous

rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute
yeah secrets is the sexest album ever, just smooth and it gets u in the mood!!
Old Jan 11th, 2002, 11:43 PM   #6
timmbo

timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice timmbo is just really nice
I totally agree and I love "You're making me high." Ummmm. just gets me going thinking about it. lol
Im sexy, im cute, im popular to boot, im bitching, great hair, all the boyz like to stare, im full of spirt and more, I swear im not a whore, im a cheerleader, yeah, yeah, a cheerleader, yeah, yeah!!!!
timmbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2002, 01:23 AM   #7
country flag rightous

Oh yeah very sexy 'I'll always think of u inside of my private thoughts, I just can't imagine u touching my private parts', yes indeed.

and talking in his sleeep and let it flow.
Old Jan 12th, 2002, 01:25 AM   #8
country flag Candy946

Candy946 is just really nice Candy946 is just really nice Candy946 is just really nice Candy946 is just really nice Candy946 is just really nice Candy946 is just really nice Candy946 is just really nice Candy946 is just really nice Candy946 is just really nice Candy946 is just really nice Candy946 is just really nice
I like Jazz, but what exactly is acid jazz?
Candy946 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2002, 06:13 AM   #9
country flag KindaNice

KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold
Angie Stone's "No More Rain"....is truly awesome. I can listen to that 10 times a day and still not get tired of it!
KindaNice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2002, 07:47 AM   #10
BCP

Hey Guys, thanks for posting. I thought this thread died a lonely death. Candy, Acid Jazz is a combination of soul, and Jazz, using a lot of the elements of Jazz, but putting m,ore structure to it. If you get a chance, try Brand New Heavies, Incognito, and James Taylor Quartet.

Rightous, you have great taste in Music. My favourite BNH tracks are Sometimes, Never Stop and Stay this way.

I also love Sunshine Anderson (I can't believe I left her out). Rightous, are you from the US. A lot of great acts from the UK seem to have a very hard time crossing over.

As an entree into house, have you tried any of the Naked Music CD's. These have incredibly soulful vocals and basslines on them. If you feel like branching out, have a listen at your record shop.

Kindanice, you should check out Angie's new CD Mahogony Soul. It is awesome.

Does anyone have the Jazamatzz CDs feat Guru? He uses incredible guest vocalists on these.

One the first one, he had DC Lee (from Style Council), N'dea Davenport from BNH, andCarleen Anderson etc. On the second one he used Jamiroquai, Chaka Khan, Shara Nelson, Mica Paris. On the latest one, he used Erykah Badu, Angie Stone, Craig David, Kelis and many more.

Does anyone like De La Soul, Jungle Bros, and A Tribe Called Quest. I tyhink that modern Hip Hop is too serious, and not fun like these old Skoolers.....
Old Jan 12th, 2002, 11:41 AM   #11
BCP

Timmbo, Miss Toni Braxton created magic when she teamed up with Frankie knuckles. You're makin me high, Unbreak my heart, and I don't want nto, were her moments in the sun. I also didn't mind He wasn't man enough for me . But she has had some real lulus as well. I still don't understand Spanish Guitar!

Rightous, I just read your profile. You're from Ireland, not the States. If you like Soul II Soul, the lead singer they used on a lot of their tracks, in the early 90's called UK Blak and Beach of the war Goddess. Therre are probably 2 good half albums on these. The good tracks are GREAT!

I also love Lisa Stansfield and Alison Limerick.....
Old Jan 12th, 2002, 11:44 AM   #12
BCP

I just read my last post .STUPID INSERT BUTTON! What I menat to say that Caron Wheeler, the lead singer of Soul II Soul released 2 solo albums in the early 90's called UK Blak and Beach of the War Goddess. Check them out if you like Soul II Soul...
Old Jan 12th, 2002, 04:28 PM   #13
Internet Lover

Internet Lover is a glorious beacon of light Internet Lover is a glorious beacon of light Internet Lover is a glorious beacon of light Internet Lover is a glorious beacon of light Internet Lover is a glorious beacon of light Internet Lover is a glorious beacon of light Internet Lover is a glorious beacon of light Internet Lover is a glorious beacon of light Internet Lover is a glorious beacon of light Internet Lover is a glorious beacon of light Internet Lover is a glorious beacon of light
Craig David

I don't know much about house music or what not but I just wanted to answer about Craig David. He's really not that big in the states. His songs you will hear on the radio sometimes but he's not popular like Usher or Sisko.
Whenever you're away

--- The Distance, Evan and Jaron
Internet Lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2002, 02:28 AM   #14
country flag rightous

Yeah I'm from the Great island of Ireland, its very urban u know!!!!lol

I can't believe I forget Kelis, her Kaliescope album is amazing, so funky and groovy and gets u moving. U can't forget Mary J the orginal Queen of sorrow, Sade is pretty amazing.

Yeah I've heard a few of Carol stuff, its sounded good I may check it out!!

Have u heard of Lucy Pearl there last album was the deal , really cool and real mellow, it was definetly kicking.

Yeah I'll try and see if I can get a hold of the Naked CD's I'm always looking for new things.

Toni's Secrets album was so sexy, but I liked 'The Heat', Gimme Some, Just be A Man about it, The Heat were good songs I think she had to move on and bring in a bigger beat into her songs but kept that soul edge. Yeah Spainish Guitar, I don't exactly know how u play a Spainish Guitar but it must be good!!!!
Old Jan 13th, 2002, 11:57 AM   #15
BCP

Hi Internet Lover. Thanks for the update on Craig David. Maybe he will join the list of UK acts that fail to break the US. I thought with his R & B sensibilities that he would have a chance. I know it takes a hell of a lot of work to cross over.

Rightous, I haven't heard the Lucy Pearl album, but the Mood II Swing mixes of Don't mess with my man were very good. Do you like Lisa Stansfiled? Her new album Face Up is really good but it will bomb on the charts I think, because people don't like this type of music en masse. Do you like Drizabone? Their mid 90s album Conspiracy is really good. I also love Innocence. Check out their two albums. They are two of my favourite albums ever...