Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #1
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Question Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

Katowice is the first stop. Seeded 8th.
LDL def. Robson 57 76(7) 61

Portugal Open Apr 29 - May 04, 2013
Oeiras, Portugal

Morita def. Robson 62 75

Mutua Madrid Open
May 04 - May 12, 2013
Madrid, Spain

Robson def. Rybarikova 67(4) 62 62
Robson def. [4]Aga Radwanska 63 61
[16]Ivanovic def. Robson 57 62 76(5)

Internazionali BNL d'Italia
May 13 - May 19, 2013
Rome, Italy

Robson def. Venus Williams 63 62
[1]Serena Williams def. Robson 62 62

Last edited by Royals. : May 16th, 2013 at 02:51 PM.
Royals. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #2
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

I'm pleasantly surprised Laura has chosen to remain in the draw for Katowice, had a feeling she may have pulled out.
Best not to dwell on the Bouchard match and get as much practice on the clay against good standard of players.
Seeded 8th so hoping the draw will be kind, she may be trying to get as many points as possible to be seeded for Wimbledon, however this is only going to be possible if she learns how to serve again.

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #3
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-hay-igual View Post
I'm pleasantly surprised Laura has chosen to remain in the draw for Katowice, had a feeling she may have pulled out.
Best not to dwell on the Bouchard match and get as much practice on the clay against good standard of players.
Seeded 8th so hoping the draw will be kind, she may be trying to get as many points as possible to be seeded for Wimbledon, however this is only going to be possible if she learns how to serve again.
Yep.

Main Draw
(1)Petra Kvitova (CZE) vs Misaki Doi (JPN)
Vesna Dolonc (SRB) vs Mandy Minella (LUX)
Elina Svitolina (UKR) vs Petra Martic (CRO)
(5)Alize Cornet (FRA) vs Q

(4)Julia Goerges (GER) vs Q
Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL) vs Q
Irina-Camelia Begu (ROU) vs Mathilde Johansson (FRA)
(7)Sabine Lisicki (GER) vs Q

(8)Laura Robson (GBR) vs Lourdes Dominguez-Lino (ESP)
Annika Beck (GER) vs (wc)Marta Domachowska (POL)
Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) vs Jana Cepelova (SVK)
(3)Klara Zakopalova (CZE) vs Kristyna Pliskova (CZE)

(6)Kaia Kanepi (EST) vs (wc)Sandra Zaniewska (POL)
Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor (ESP) vs (wc)Karolina Pliskova (CZE)
Lara Arruabarena (ESP) vs Kiki Bertens (NED)
(2)Roberta Vinci (ITA) vs Andrea Hlavackova (CZE)
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #4
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

OMG,maybe another first round loss?
================================================== ================================================== ================
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #5
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

As I said in her main cheering thread, I can't see her winning the first round. LDL is good on clay, and Laura is in dreadful form.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #6
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

My expectations are rock bottom for this one Laura was in good form for their last meeting and look how that ended, on hardcourts too.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #7
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Laura last on court tomorrow @ 21:00, 20:00 UK time
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #8
country flag maartenround

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

I think i'm the only one that thinks facing LDL on Clay is a good thing, gives Laura time to set up for those moonballs unlike hardcourts.

Last edited by maartenround : Apr 7th, 2013 at 05:06 PM.
maartenround is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #9

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Katowice is live on Eurosport every day .... from Tuesday

Will it be too late for Laura?
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #10
Royals.

^ Yep. We wont be able to watch yet. She's scheduled to play her R1 tomorrow.

If she makes it through, we'll be able to watch her R2 match.
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #11

Right Laura, you are ranked 39 and British No 1.

Let's see you play like it.
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #12
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

God..I'm not optimistic but hopefully she can prove us all wrong..right? Match is not before 6pm GMT, last match on centre. So annoying it's not on eurosport though perhaps that's a good thing on recent form and there might be a stream out there somewhere. C'mon Laura.
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #13

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

Guys, I just had a thought. You know Laura's serve? Maybe she'll feel confident tonight because of it being an indoor event there will be nothing to disrupt it? Just a thought.

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #14
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by maartenround View Post
Guys, I just had a thought. You know Laura's serve? Maybe she'll feel confident tonight because of it being an indoor event there will be nothing to disrupt it? Just a thought.
I was just thinking the exact same thing. Sometimes I think half the battle with her serve is becuase of the elements. With these non-existant, it might swing in Laura's favour allowing her serve and shots to fly through the court.

However... if she cant get good stats on her serve, i can see LDL moonballing her to death.

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-hay-igual View Post
I was just thinking the exact same thing. Sometimes I think half the battle with her serve is becuase of the elements. With these non-existant, it might swing in Laura's favour allowing her serve and shots to fly through the court.

However... if she cant get good stats on her serve, i can see LDL moonballing her to death.
Exactly. Although it is Clay so maybe Laura will have more time to position herself for the moonballs?

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic