Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Struggle Tennis - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 8th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #1
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute
Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Struggle Tennis

Let's do this, Pova!
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 8th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #2
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold
Re: Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Glory, Hallelujah! Hardcourt Glory In The Queen City!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post

Let's do this, Pova!
Ha ha, for a moment I thought she had the trophy upside down !!!!!
Abuttons is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #3
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of
Re: Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Glory, Hallelujah! Hardcourt Glory In The Queen City!

The draw will be revealed tomorrow. So excited to see what changes Connors incorporated.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #4
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

If she could do it in 2011 she can do it now
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #5
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

So nervous/excited to watch Maria's first match here. It's almost like how I feel during her first match of the season
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #6
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Do not expect too much. First tournament after nearly 2 months out usually means rusty play. The most important is to test the new things which Jimmy introduced.
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #7
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Wasn't the consensus not to make the thread until Maria is physically present at Cincy?

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #8
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

I am nervous as well, but she baked 2 bagels at AO after off season, plus she worked hard.
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #9
country flag Asanty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Wasn't the consensus not to make the thread until Maria is physically present at Cincy?
It was, but ignoring Jimmy's tweet would be so much
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #10
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
Do not expect too much. First tournament after nearly 2 months out usually means rusty play. The most important is to test the new things which Jimmy introduced.
I agree with that. I just want her to get 3 or 4 solid matches in, working on her timing, working on her rhythm, and getting mentally locked in to playing competitive tennis again. If she looks relatively good and makes a deep run, that's a bonus. Maria gets a free pass in this tournament, no matter what happens. I think it's best to wait until New York to really critique her form. I know Maria will be playing Cincy to win, but I consider it a practice run.

I realize it's 2 different situations, 2 different players, comparing Maria to someone else, but look at Vika in Carlsbad. Even though she made the final, she looked awful in those last 2 matches against Ivanovic and Stosur. Serve was off, groundstrokes were off, timing was off, tons of errors, very few winners, and she looked 2 or 3 steps too slow. Not surprising after an injury and long lay-off for a player. And then she said her ankle was still an issue and she withdrew from Toronto as a precaution.

So, for Maria, I just want her to get out of Cincy with her health and more confidence in her game heading into the US Open. Some rough play will be expected and acceptable.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #11
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
I won't, and can't expect much results-wide but I'm eager to see her playing
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #12
country flag Asanty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I agree with that. I just want her to get 3 or 4 solid matches in, working on her timing, working on her rhythm, and getting mentally locked in to playing competitive tennis again. If she looks relatively good and makes a deep run, that's a bonus. Maria gets a free pass in this tournament, no matter what happens. I think it's best to wait until New York to really critique her form. I know Maria will be playing Cincy to win, but I consider it a practice run.

I realize it's 2 different situations, 2 different players, comparing Maria to someone else, but look at Vika in Carlsbad. Even though she made the final, she looked awful in those last 2 matches against Ivanovic and Stosur. Serve was off, groundstrokes were off, timing was off, tons of errors, very few winners, and she looked 2 or 3 steps too slow. Not surprising after an injury and long lay-off for a player. And then she said her ankle was still an issue and she withdrew from Toronto as a precaution.

So, for Maria, I just want her to get out of Cincy with her health and more confidence in her game heading into the US Open. Some rough play will be expected and acceptable.
But Vika is Vika, she is like Injury girl Maria never would play not being fully healthy.
And wasn't it back?
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #13
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

That giant urn, flop against Kimothy, and epic Poova against Jankovic
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #14
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
That giant urn, flop against Kimothy, and epic Poova against Jankovic
Didn't Maria hurt her ankle at some point during that match against Clijsters? But yes, those match points

And JJ
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #15
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

So excited to finally see her play!!! Let's do this

Last edited by PimpMePova : Aug 8th, 2013 at 04:47 PM.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote