Lauren Breadmore - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 20th, 2003, 02:06 AM   #1
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Lauren Breadmore

I notice over the past year Lauren has played everywhere and not scared to travel and toughen herself overseas.

She's ran off to Wellington, then over to the UK then possibly back to Bendigo!!

This committment and willingness to play (instead of the haphazard scheduling of other Aussies) hopefully will put her in good stead during her career.

But I have only seen her play twice. She was defensively brilliant against Perebynis at Oz quallies, but tentative, pushy and really tempermental against Vanc which is why she lost a match she should never have lost.

Any predictions for her?? Has she the power to go inside the top 100?? Anyone know much 'inside' info about her??

I thought her forehand was her best shot when I saw her, and definitely could be built into a weapon. But as is the norm in Oz tennis, they will try and round off her game and not focus on developing a BIG weapon.
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2003, 04:06 AM   #2
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
a long long time ago when she was 8 or 10 yearsold there was an article about her in a tennis mag and she named to be the next big thing in australian tennis. her goal was to play in wimbledon at the age of 16 but at the age of (i think) 20 she is yet to do so. i have heard that she doesn't have much power and she won't really go that far, but she has been getting really good results and they are consistent. i'm sure she can be a regular top 200 player but because i haven't seen her i can only base this on her results. she may well have the game to be in the top 100 but i honestly don't have a clue.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 04:46 AM   #3
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
She's very intelligent, she got a perfect TER of 99.95 and was Dux of her private school.

She also comes from a solid middle-upper class family, so financially she isnt as strapped as others
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 05:04 AM   #4
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
AUSBOY, how did you find out her exact uai/ter? dux is pretty amazing. she is a wellround woman. is she good at music as well? that would be a bit of everything if she was. some people like we see in sport are allrounders in life. it's good to see she has some options if tennis doesn't work out.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 08:30 AM   #5
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
For those that dont know how Lauren plays, she is basically Nicole Pratt with a double handed backhand, lol. Well, not really

But the way they both fight for every point and hustle around the court, is very similar. I was very impressed with Laurne this summer, as what she lacks in the power department she more than makes up for in smart tactical play and tremendous effort. The only thing Im critical of is her temperament, which is part of the reason she let the Vanc match slip away...

I dont know if Lauren can be seen as making the top 100 just yet, but considering this is only her second year as a pro she is still learning and getting more experience in. By the end of the year I do expect her to be ranked between 200-250. She certainly is capable and can compete as well as anyone, but as louloubellle said the only thing that could stop her making the top 100 is that she is not as powerful or strong as the other girls, and has no major weapons.

Good luck to her anyway she's one of my favorites of the Aussies But I hope she doesnt burn herself out by playing too much...
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 11:50 AM   #6
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Spot on TS, she is another Nicole Pratt. She has many 3 set matches and I wonder whether her matches are like Nicole's. You know, Pratt wins 6-2 6-2 or loses the same but the match takes 1 and 1/2 hours
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 12:09 PM   #7
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Unfortunately Lauren hasn't had the best time of it the past 3 weeks...

She lost in the second round of qualys in 2 British challenger events, and the 1st round of Bendigo this week to Adamczak in straight sets. Happy for Monique though, she needed this after her injury...

Anyway, Lauren is committed for next weeks $10K in Warrnambool. Not much to gain, points wise and I gather she'll play the full 4 week Victorian circuit. Gotta be taxing on the body! If she plays all 4 than that is 10 tournaments already for the year! Good to see she's taking initiative but playing week after week can often have its drawbacks!
Old May 7th, 2003, 02:36 PM   #8
country flag TS

bump

Been a while since we saw this thread.

Well Lauren has been quite the travelling machine so far....it seems she has played every week, and with 31 tournaments to her name that's not a stretch

Lauren had a good fighting win at the $50K Fukuoka event today beating German Adriana Barna 7-5 4-6 6-3....she led 4-2 in the second, and almost blew it (Lauren seems to get tight in situations like this!) but glad she pulled through. She's got Sam Stosur next, and I don't think she will beat Sam but she is in with a shot...

Her ranking should rise from 276 to the mid 260's next week....the annoying thing is Barna dropped to 251 this week, so 1 quality point less
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 07:48 AM   #9
louloubelle

Lauren is doing well at the 50K Oyster Bay tournie.
She defeated Vanc in the 1st rnd - avenging a lllloooooonnnnngggg tempermental loss at Oz Open quallies and the scrapped home against Sfar in 3.

Now plays top seed Cargill in the quarters.

Nice to see her getting a good result again!
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 08:06 AM   #10
country flag Gowza

i'm excited about this match against cargill. unfortunately lauren has had long matches in this tournament so she won't be really fresh to play ansley but this match will give us some sort of indication as to lauren's level and potential.

Old Jul 18th, 2003, 05:14 PM   #11
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Shes in the quaterfinals in oyster bay 50k event! next u ansley cargill
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 05:15 PM   #12
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
How old is Lauren by the way?
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 06:59 AM   #13
country flag TS

She turned 20 recently.

She lost her QF match to Cargill, but still a nice week for her. Should take her to about 250
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 08:47 PM   #14
country flag azza

Score?
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 03:39 AM   #15
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
lost first round at next 2 events very suprising for me ended up losing a her qualies match at louisville 76 60 must have lost all concentration
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote