the Return of the Legend - Martina Hingis Cheering Thread - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 28th, 2014, 03:23 PM   #226
country flag theseekers

theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all
Re: the Return of the Legend - Martina Hingis Cheering Thread

nice interview with the swiss_miss

Five things I can't live without: Martina Hingis on riding horses and watching Columbo

1 HORSES

I started riding when I was 11 and from the moment I got in the saddle I was spellbound. Horses are such graceful creatures but they are also wild and powerful which I love.

When I was playing professional tennis I would always go for a ride after a big match. Escaping into the countryside on horseback was an antidote to all the noise and stress of competing.

I have three horses which I adore. I still ride whenever I can and I have become passionate about racing too.

I recently went to Ascot which was very glamorous and great fun.

2 COLUMBO

When I was a teenager my mother Melanie and I loved watching detective series together.

Our very favourite character was Columbo, the rather shambolic homicide detective with the Los Angeles police.

He was so unconventional that you couldn’t help liking him. What was different about the show was you always knew who the murderer was, you just had to figure out how or why they did it.

To this day I still love detective series.

No matter where you are in the world and how basic your grasp of the language, the format is always the same: a dead body, a motive and a murderer.
theseekers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 28th, 2014, 03:27 PM   #227
country flag theseekers

theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all

and this is this shedules for april

01 april in Houston for this tonic tennis line !

Check it out! Martina Hingis is coming to town! See below for your chance to meet the former world No. 1
Mark your calendars, Houston friends! Martina Hingis is coming to the Tennis Express superstore at 6pm on April 1st (it's no joke...we promise). Meet Martina and check out the Tonic Tennis by Martina Hingis line.
Details here: http://bit.ly/1lUxjhy — avec Isabel Rivas.

05 april exhibition + clinic with fans in sea island http://www.seaisland.com/activities/...ingis-Showcase
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #228
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

i wonder if she is playing the clay swing, at least madrid, rome and roland garros...

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #229
country flag theseekers

yes the french open and maybe another with
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 06:19 PM   #230
country flag kvaker81

kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future

Amazzzzzing run from Martina and Sabine
kvaker81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 07:13 PM   #231

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

yassssssssssssssss into the final baby

Old Mar 29th, 2014, 09:59 AM   #232
country flag theseekers

congratulation girls martina will playing this 52th women double final with 37 titles for 14 loss
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #233
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing 6-3 6-4 win over Black/Mirza, Martina/Sabine !

Very impressive. What a brilliant tournament for them. Into final of Miami

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 05:31 PM   #234
country flag burn

burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute
Title won
So happy!!!
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
burn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 05:33 PM   #235
country flag LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing
LefandePatty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #236

epic legend!!

Old Mar 30th, 2014, 06:02 PM   #237
country flag kvaker81

kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future

YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
kvaker81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 06:04 PM   #238

Old Mar 31st, 2014, 01:06 PM   #239
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on winning Miami doubles title, Martina/Sabine !

Only their 2nd event together, and they win Miami. WTA doubles title #38 for Martina

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 10:25 PM   #240
country flag theseekers

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Congratulations. Martina, can you tell us what does it feel like to win a tournament after so many years?
MARTINA HINGIS: Well, obviously it's very exciting, you know, when you convert the match point and, you know, you're like, Yes, we did it (smiling).
But she played incredible. I mean, that super‑tiebreaker, I was like, Okay, I better put the ball in and let her do the rest, because she was really on fire. You know, from 5‑All, it was 10‑5, and it was just amazing. Yeah.
I mean, she definitely gets going when it's tight. Where sometimes other players go down, she gets up and lifts her level.
I mean, I just tried to, you know, at least not to make the mistake and just let her play, right? So it's amazing, yeah.

Q. Do you have intentions of continuing to play tournaments? What's the future like?
MARTINA HINGIS: Well, I think two weeks ago when you asked me, it probably would be a completely different answer from today (smiling).
Like last week, I was like, I'm not sure if I want to put myself out there like this and lose first, second round.
Now, after this victory, definitely things change. Yeah. Now it's definitely ‑‑ Sabine's next week priority is singles, and see how that goes in the next tournament, but yeah. Well, I would be very happy to continue to play some more doubles, of course.

Q. As you said, you lost in the first round in Indian Wells two weeks ago. After that, I saw you practice very hard on the practice court.
MARTINA HINGIS: Yeah, well, I had to get going. Because we were so close, like even in last year, and I was like every time so close. I'm like, I'm not losing another first round no matter what.
I saw the draw again, and we thought, Okay, this is definitely a tough match, but then if we overcome last time, we get really close, and it was better and better, and I think, yeah, if we can fit together and like some of the things that makes a difference, and we did it this week definitely.
The first match was huge, definitely, with the confidence, and after, one by one.
SABINE LISICKI: And the quarters.
MARTINA HINGIS: And the quarters. Seven match points, yeah.

Q. As you know, Martina Navratilova, after she retired, she played another 10 years in doubles. I want to know if that's an inspiration?
MARTINA HINGIS: Good for her (smiling and indicating thumbs up).
I just take it one at a time here now. I think we play the next tournament, just really enjoy it.
SABINE LISICKI: Enjoy it.
MARTINA HINGIS: And go out there and have fun. Yeah.

Q. Sabine, can you tell us, the thought of playing with Martina and what have you learned playing with her?
SABINE LISICKI: It's great. The most important thing for us is to enjoy it. We go out there and we have fun.
It obviously helps me a lot for the singles to have also matches that, you know, to get into. I didn't have enough matches this year because of injury and things like that, you know, all the nerves that come in.
And being in a final, there is nothing on the practice court that, you know, can make the situation even close to that.
Obviously with Martina, I always wanted to play with her. We talked about it at Wimbledon last year, and finally we did it here in the States. I think we are just happy we enjoy it, and we will see when we play next. Yeah.

Q. Can you guys talk about the tiebreak, seven points in a row, how that turned around. Especially, Martina, you did amazing backhand lob.
MARTINA HINGIS: Oh, yeah, butwe were 8‑5 winning. It's first to get there.
I think the key was definitely when we were 4‑5 down, and Sabine hit that like long rally and winner, that backhand to equal 5‑All.
From there, I mean, they tried to obviously play her and break her down, but that's when...
SABINE LISICKI: I love those moments.
MARTINA HINGIS: Yeah, she didn't let it happen. So that's when she really even stepped it up. She was like a Chinese wall and hitting even faster.
Yeah. She was incredible. I mean, I didn't have to do that much really. So they played her, and, yeah, the lob was already for match point. I mean, great, I felt really good, but the work was done before by her.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports