Hingis NOT returning to singles... for now - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 1st, 2013, 02:24 AM   #1
country flag Alexandros
High Mother.

Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute
Hingis NOT returning to singles... for now

Just to kill the rumors:

Quote:
However, even though she would not completely rule it out, Hingis said she has no plans to return in singles again.
"Not at this point," she said.

"You have to put so much effort into it. Playing tournaments is the easy part, but it's all the behind the scenes training that people don't see, the six to eight hours of training and really the older you get, the harder it gets. "I wouldn't want to come out and play one or two matches and lose in the third round. That's not my type of personality."

While Hingis feels that top level singles play may be beyond her, she does not feel that way about doubles.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/t...213320213.html
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-open/2606025/
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/tennis/stor...bles-play.html

Also, apologies if a thread has already been made.

Pitiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
Azarenka's also channeling the giant slides seen at many small amusement parks, with her nose.
Alexandros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 1st, 2013, 02:27 AM   #2
country flag Babolatpro880
Team WTAworld

Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hingis NOT returning to singles

Yes, she said that. Everyone pretty much thinks she's lying.

2009 Australian Open Wildcard Playoff Winner
Babolatpro880 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 02:28 AM   #3
country flag Povin
postcyber

Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future

"Not at this point" Tomorrow is another day
What if she does really well in doubles, rejuvenates, and wants to play singles
Povin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 02:38 AM   #4
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute

If she was sure shouldn't she be saying "already past this point" especially as she's not getting any younger?
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 02:40 AM   #5
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

She's not closing the door on the possibility though. I wouldn't be surprised if she came back but I wouldn't be surprised if she stuck with doubles only too.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 02:42 AM   #6
country flag TheNexus

TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of

The most important part to me is "not at this point"
So I'm still keeping my fingers crossed
TheNexus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 02:44 AM   #7
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of
Re: Hingis NOT returning to singles... for now

"Not at this point" says it all She will be back and we (fans) know it

AGA - FUTURE SLAM CHAMP AND WORLD NUMBER ONE

SERENA WILLIAMS - GOAT
kusiak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 02:47 AM   #8
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"I wouldn't want to come out and play one or two matches and lose in the third round. That's not my type of personality."
I love her so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeas View Post
What else do a tennis player wish for! That's every players dream. Anything possible it's just a game' not like she wants to be president !
Yes, momma! Teach these basic girls the meaning of context!
Nicolás89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:23 AM   #9
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

"I wouldn't want to come out and play one or two matches and lose in the third round. That's not my type of personality."

That rules out what I thought she might have been planning, concentrating on doubles but playing the odd singles tournament here and there.

bobito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:24 AM   #10
country flag FerrerFan123
ShinSekai Yori

FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ivan. View Post
She's not closing the door on the possibility though. I wouldn't be surprised if she came back but I wouldn't be surprised if she stuck with doubles only too.
Pretty much.
FerrerFan123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 04:07 AM   #11
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Not at this point pretty much sums up the entire interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post

That rules out what I thought she might have been planning, concentrating on doubles but playing the odd singles tournament here and there.
Reading between the lines:

She believes she can still reach to the third round of a tournament.

Adding those third round/quarterfinal points up and it's easily Top 50
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 06:35 AM   #12
country flag danbo

danbo has much to be proud of danbo has much to be proud of danbo has much to be proud of danbo has much to be proud of danbo has much to be proud of danbo has much to be proud of danbo has much to be proud of danbo has much to be proud of danbo has much to be proud of danbo has much to be proud of danbo has much to be proud of

well, obviously with doubles she is testing how she will hold up against today's players, if this looks good, my guess would be that she will next try an exo or two, likely with a Kvitova/Lisicki power type and/or Radwanska, and see how she does against them. She may prefer a clay xo match. Then she will announce a "limited schedule" for singles.
danbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 07:28 AM   #13
country flag TheHangover

TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future

Can't wait for her to give a lesson to Errani in doubles
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 08:15 AM   #14
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want her to comeback just to lose to Radwanska. She already lost to her and another loss would be devastating.

The aame thing was with Navratilova who decided to comeback to play singles.
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Julia Cohen
Elena Dementieva, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 09:32 AM   #15
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Legend.

Got my hopes up for nothing. At least for now..

But whatever she decides its fine. It's great to have her back if its just doubles.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote