BOMBSHELL: Carlsbad 1R (7/VIP) Ivanovic def. Pomenika 46 63 62 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 09:57 PM   #16
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BOMBSHELL: Carlsbad 1R (7/VIP) Ivanovic def. Pomenika 46 63 62

SO: did Ana play well or did Domi fail?
Hugues Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:00 PM   #17
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Ana have big non-playing pause before this match, she is without coach, and Dominika is red-hot right now (last week Stanford winner), so we should not to be cruel to Ana because that unexpected 1st set lose.

I still thinking that Ana will find in next couple weeks some more interesting things to do than to seriously compete at Rogers Cup (blacklisted) or Cincinnati (just 2 weeks before slam), so this Carlsbad event is crucial for Ana's USO preparation, and if she lose today it will be almost tragic for hers summer plans and goals.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:01 PM   #18
country flag Qrystyna

Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute

She's baaaaaaaaacccccckkkkkkk!!!!!111one

(formerly known as GrassGOAT)
Qrystyna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:01 PM   #19
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-insomniac View Post
My review of the match. Cibulkova vs Ivanovic

Set 1: 6-4
Ivanovic struggled to find her forehand and first serve, at first, but when she found her rythm aces and winners came pouring in. Cibulkova pressed hard, though, and was more mentally tough, and could produce many constructive winners, also. She won the set with passing-shot winner after Ivanovic had volleyed back 3 times in a row. It was a very competitive set.

Set 2: 3-6

Ivanovic becomes more proactive rigjt at the start, and begins to take balls earlier on the rise, robbing time off of Cibulkova's strokes. The crowd was behind her, obviously. And she looked motivated. You know Ivanovic is in control when she can hit a backhand down the line winner of a return, under pressure. If it had been any other opponent, Ivanovic would have cruised this set 6-1, but Cibulkova would not give in: het first serve really pops, for a player of her stature; and she fights like a bull, hitting balls early, dictating most points on Ivanovic's serve. Ivanovic won a lot of the shorter rallies on Cibulkova's serve, while Cibulkova won the longer ones. In the last game of second set, Ivanovic defends better, using a wicked backhand slice, and hits a lot harder off her forehand, and was helped with a little bit of luck; she won the set point with a net-cord winner. Ajede trumps Pome, literally; there were a lot of Ajedes (Idemo, too).

Set 3: 2-6
Cibulkova'd first serve went downhill, while Ivanovic's high-level ,play was steady. She really looked baffled by what Ivanovic was giving to her. But when serving out the match, Ivanovic's serve gone south. Fotunately, Cibulkova, too, doublefaulted, and Ivanovic is still great on return the match ends with Ivanovic's classic happy squeal. It was a very exhillriating match.
Great review. Did you see the match?
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:03 PM   #20
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Ana have big non-playing pause before this match, she is without coach, and Dominika is red-hot right now (last week Stanford winner), so we should not to be cruel to Ana because that unexpected 1st set lose.

I still thinking that Ana will find in next couple weeks some more interesting things to do than to seriously compete at Rogers Cup (blacklisted) or Cincinnati (just 2 weeks before slam), so this Carlsbad event is crucial for Ana's USO preparation, and if she lose today it will be almost tragic for hers summer plans and goals.
I think it was the Montreal Tournament Director that she had the troubles, I think the Toronto One she is fine with him.

She even put a link in her Facebook inviting us to go there.

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:04 PM   #21
country flag LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute

She's back!
LefandePatty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:05 PM   #22
Alexandros

Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugues Daniel View Post
Alexandros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:08 PM   #23
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Ana's opponent in 2nd round will be Coco Vandeweghe. Coco served really well in 1st round I heard that, but if everything goes well, Ana should really win in two sets and get her place in quarterfinals.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #10
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham,
Tokyo
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:10 PM   #24
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugues Daniel View Post
No, it's a three paragraph review of the drug-induced hallucination he had earlier today.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:10 PM   #25
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
well, many jokers out there, so there

like the story of the wolf and the lamb, you know
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:15 PM   #26
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

How much did Cibulkova tank this ?
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:20 PM   #27
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:21 PM   #28
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Casual observers would make the mistake of thinking this thread was satire, but no it's actually the reality of the Ivanovic fanbase.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:21 PM   #29
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

From what we heard it was good match. Cibulkova was tough at start, but Ana kept her motivation and was getting better as match progresed.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #10
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham,
Tokyo
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:23 PM   #30
country flag steos

steos is a splendid one to behold steos is a splendid one to behold steos is a splendid one to behold steos is a splendid one to behold steos is a splendid one to behold steos is a splendid one to behold steos is a splendid one to behold steos is a splendid one to behold steos is a splendid one to behold steos is a splendid one to behold steos is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
I think it was the Montreal Tournament Director that she had the troubles, I think the Toronto One she is fine with him.

She even put a link in her Facebook inviting us to go there.
Yes! Montreal's tournament director denied her a wildcard in 2010 as Ana was struggling for form. Only to offer her one a week later after she beat Azarenka in Cincinnati. Which she declined of course!

Anyway, good win Ana! Hope she can build on this and find some form this summer!
steos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote