Carlsbad R2: [3]Kvitova def. Robson 61 62 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:02 PM   #46
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future
Re: Carlsbad R2: [3]Kvitova def. Robson 61 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-insomniac View Post
My review of the match. Robson vs. Kvitova
Set 1 : 1-6
Robson's first serve went south, while kvitova's first serve aided her the set. Like Robson shouted after getting broken again for the srcond time: "it's awful!"

Set 2: 2-6
Robson's erratic play still ensues, and struggles to win the longer rallies. It seems like Kvitova's fitness has improved. In one point, she ran from the back of the court to scoop up Robson's drop shot, which was pretty decent, and directed it down-the-line. Kvitova was fast! And she mostly won the rallies of 5 or more shots played. While Robson complains: "why everything is so late!"

And so it is, Kvitova triumphed with her improved fitness and power, and helped by Robson's charecteristic errors.
Thanks for the write up... whilst it's a little early to get too excited I've always said fitness is the issue, everything else, confidence, mental strength consistency etc will all click into place if she could just get match fit.

Good signs.
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:24 PM   #47
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
Pojd! Could GOATra be making an appearance here!?!?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:39 PM   #48
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
Isnt she is allergic to 'merican hardcourts or something ppl wanted convince us?
ppl who doesn't have ashtma real are crapping shit all over, i'm not just thinking of you, but general.. i personally have ashtma and i have days when i can swimm 3km, other day i can't even walk how hard i breathe, and after few days i'm running 6-7 km... it depend on city in which i'm a, what season is, climate, everything..

some ppl really make fun of her.. but i understand her.. it's not like she choose that day to feel like crap..

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 11:38 PM   #49
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it up.
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 11:53 PM   #50
country flag Crunchy Booboo

Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of

Wow! Awesome.

Lisicki. Vekic. Sharapova. Kerber. Jankovic.

Upda†edJesus.com
Crunchy Booboo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 12:29 AM   #51
country flag MrPitiful

MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold

Impressed by the scoreline and the stats. 11 aces =D
MrPitiful is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 04:33 AM   #52
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

She's coming for that USO Series 1st place again

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 08:23 AM   #53
country flag Crunchy Booboo

Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renalicious View Post
She's coming for that USO Series 1st place again
AND DA USO BRO

Lisicki. Vekic. Sharapova. Kerber. Jankovic.

Upda†edJesus.com
Crunchy Booboo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 09:15 AM   #54
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-insomniac View Post
My review of the match. Robson vs. Kvitova
Set 1 : 1-6
Robson's first serve went south, while kvitova's first serve aided her the set. Like Robson shouted after getting broken again for the srcond time: "it's awful!"

Set 2: 2-6
Robson's erratic play still ensues, and struggles to win the longer rallies. It seems like Kvitova's fitness has improved. In one point, she ran from the back of the court to scoop up Robson's drop shot, which was pretty decent, and directed it down-the-line. Kvitova was fast! And she mostly won the rallies of 5 or more shots played. While Robson complains: "why everything is so late!"

And so it is, Kvitova triumphed with her improved fitness and power, and helped by Robson's charecteristic errors.
Good review that gives nice view to a match that we couldn't see. Also, great to see that Petra's fitness seemed to be better and that she was fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy Booboo View Post
AND DA USO BRO
YEAH, GOATRA IN DA HOUSE!
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 09:25 AM   #55
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Why did they have to meet so early in the tournament.

Laura.

A bit of unfair scheduling.. But still had a good win here coming from 4-6 3-5 down in the first round..Hopefully she will get kinder draws in Toronto and Cincinnati since she will be unseeded.

Petra

Nice to hear that Shitra didn't show up (for once ) and that her fitness has improved. These are the small steps that will be key for her to start playing well at a consistent/higher level again.

Keep going!
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 09:28 AM   #56
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
Why did they have to meet so early in the tournament.

Laura.

A bit of unfair scheduling.. But still had a good win here coming from 4-6 3-5 down in the first round..Hopefully she will get kinder draws in Toronto and Cincinnati since she will be unseeded.

Petra

Nice to hear that Shitra didn't show up (for once ) and that her fitness has improved. These are the small steps that will be key for her to start playing well at a consistent/higher level again.

Keep going!
It's funny that some posters were saying yesterday how lucky Robson is to get Petra in the 2nd round.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 10:55 AM   #57
Eldest

Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitova does every single thing better than Robson, except giving loser handshakes. Well done.
Eldest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote