Would Anyone like Venus Williams to take over Stacey McAllister's WTA Job ? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 1st, 2013, 08:25 AM   #46
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Would Anyone like Venus Williams to take over Stacey McAllister's WTA Job ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post
Although people seemed to have dismissed this point, it's no small obstacle to Venus taking up such a position.
It is in fact more than an obstacle. It is a complete block - a non starter.

Lest we forget, tourney organizers have a say in who gets to become the WTA CEO. At this point it's pretty much a given that they'd veto against Venus from getting any authority over their own heads even if she was technically qualified and competent · even if she had a fat resume with all the business degrees and prior experiences that are typically expected of the job

Last edited by Raiden : Aug 1st, 2013 at 09:13 AM.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 1st, 2013, 08:27 AM   #47
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

Venus is owner of eleVen, owner of VStarr, part owner of Jamba Huice, part owner of Miami Dolphins and part owner of WTT. I'm not saying that she is perfect for this job, but she is business woman and know what to do.
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.

My Twitter
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:23 PM   #48
country flag practiceboy

practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditoo View Post
Venus is owner of eleVen, owner of VStarr, part owner of Jamba Huice, part owner of Miami Dolphins and part owner of WTT. I'm not saying that she is perfect for this job, but she is business woman and know what to do.
There's a big difference between "owning" something and "running" something. Do you really think investing and managing are the same thing?
practiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 06:19 PM   #49
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceboy View Post
There's a big difference between "owning" something and "running" something. Do you really think investing and managing are the same thing?
Venus has done both "owning" and "running" a business/company.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 07:24 PM   #50
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ivan. View Post
Venus has done both "owning" and "running" a business/company.
Some of these posters are so ridiculous!

I mean, honestly, we're arguing with posters who know nothing about Venus.

For the life of me, I just can not understand how some of these posters make it through each day without a safety helmet and a bright yellow jacket.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #51
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

More proof that Venus would perform significantly better than some would have many believe, as she is evidently recognized as being business savvy by people who know what business is all about (Forbes).
Seems Vee's track record precedes her (highlighted below).
Quote:
For the ninth straight year, Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova has topped Forbes' list of highest-paid female athletes with combined earnings of $29 million in prize money, endorsement deals and appearance fees from June 2012 through June 2013.

Serena Williams was next having earned $20.5 million in the same time span.
While Sharapova and Williams topping the list may not be a huge surprise, seven of the top 10 highest-paid female athletes are tennis players. Li Na, Victoria Azarenka, Caroline Wozniacki, Agnieszka Radwanska and Ana Ivanovic join Sharapova and Williams on the list. Tennis is the one sport where women -- thanks largely to efforts led by Venus Williams -- now receive equal pay at major tournaments. According to Forbes, the list of highest-paid tennis players is now equally split between men and women.
Completing the list are NASCAR driver Danica Patrick at No. 5 and LPGA star Paula Creamer at No. 10. South Korean figure skating champion Kim Yuna ranks No. 6 with estimated earnings of $14 million.
http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/stor...thletes-080613
Plus, Venus has already proven that she has the benefit of all WTA players at heart, and that she is a successful spokesperson and political ally for the women on various fronts.
That would also include international as well.
Remember the Shahar Peerincident in 2009?
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...768649,00.html

Venus appears to know what it takes to get the job done.
She also has the respect of her peers, which is something few in Stacey McAllister's position can boast.
Granted, as an incoming WTA chief executive officer/Chairman, Venus would have much to learn. And it's a fair assumption that each individual who assumed that position required an on-the-job learning phase as well.
However, Venus would have a leg-up in various areas, as opposed on to predecessors of that position (for reasons previously mentioned).
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #52
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

I want Stacey to take Venus' job.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #53
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNaNa View Post
Which one?
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #54
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe not CEO but a high ranking position for sure. I wouldn't mind her heading a USTA diversity division where she tries to increase tennis opportunity for low income minorities.

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10)
French Open Champion (02,13)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13)
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #55
country flag RVD

Quote:
I'd pay to see that.
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #56
country flag BillFromRichmond

BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Fan View Post
I think she could do a fantastic job and really evolve Women's tennis again. She would have a different vision and she is a massive brand herself. Do you think after 2016 Venus will take the job, which will most probably be offered to her. Im sure Billie Jean wants her to have it.

Thoughts ? What could she bring to the position
This is idiotic and shows you know nothing about business.

What other sport has a former famous player as its CEO? The PGA? MLB? NFL? NBA?

There is a reason why. The job of a CEO requires high management skills, not being good at playing the sport. What management experience does Venus offer?

The CEOs of these other organizations are career managers with years of experience in senior management positions.

Venus and any player on the tour is NOT QUALIFIED to do the job.
BillFromRichmond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #57
country flag BillFromRichmond

BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdterp01 View Post
Maybe not CEO but a high ranking position for sure. I wouldn't mind her heading a USTA diversity division where she tries to increase tennis opportunity for low income minorities.
And why do "low income minorities" deserve special treatment?

Oh... I get it. A "disadvantaged minority" gets to start each match with a 3-0 lead.
BillFromRichmond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #58
country flag gbenga

gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFromRichmond View Post

There is a reason why. The job of a CEO requires high management skills, not being good at playing the sport. What management experience does Venus offer?

The CEOs of these other organizations are career managers with years of experience in senior management positions.

So why did a former top 40 player, Brad Drewett headed ATP until his death in May this year?

But don't bother replying. I see you're a conservative nutjob
gbenga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 08:16 AM   #59
country flag serena_the_queen

serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future

Quote:
WWW Peak Stacey vs Peak Venus?
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #60
country flag RVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFromRichmond View Post

Not all CEOs are qualified from day one.
In fact, some of the worst CEOs ever came with great credentials:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/30502091/page/1

As for what Venus has to offer...
Many posters have already answered this question in this thread.

Let's be real here...
Venus would be heading a tennis organization. Not NASA.
And in many cases, a CEO is little more than a figurehead. Not that this would primarily be one of those cases.
However, Venus would certainly bring international recognition to the post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbenga View Post
So why did a former top 40 player, Brad Drewett headed ATP until his death in May this year?

But don't bother replying. I see you're a conservative nutjob
I'm not even sure what that rant was all about, but he seemed quite pissed for some reason.