Would Anyone like Venus Williams to take over Stacey McAllister's WTA Job ? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 09:39 PM   #16
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Would Anyone like Venus Williams to take over Stacey McAllister's WTA Job ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
That's one of the coolest ideas I've ever heard on these boards!
I know right?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ivan. View Post
I blame Stacey.

Can't wait for Venus to take her job after 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 09:47 PM   #17
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

isn´t she supposed to replace Stella McCarthy?
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 09:48 PM   #18
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

No, she isnt greedy enough what the position requires.
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 09:48 PM   #19
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony. View Post
Love her, but no.

Taking a stand is one thing, managing a business is another. Eleven, Jamba Juice, and her interior design company credentials don't exactly scream entrepreneurial prodigy to me.
There are 2 kinds of leadership.
There is the technocrat, stale but competent doing the same thing.

And then there is the visionary, the inspirational leader, the idea person.
It may be counter intuitive given Venus personality, but she has proven to think out of the box; always looking for ways to forge ahead.

That came across loud and clear during the equal fight. When things seems to stall, Venus will always find ways to retool and restart.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Jul 31st, 2013 at 11:00 PM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:10 PM   #20
country flag Ntosake

Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute

I love the idea of someone like Venus being given a chance at this!

She doesn't have to invent the wheel or be the smartest person in the room. Heck for starters she could just copy some of the things being done by the men to promote their players. But someone needs tremendous heart, vision and passionately care about women's tennis to promote it better than the whack job that's being done today, and I feel she already has those qualities.

Resumes, experience are indeed prerequisites but sometimes all that book knowledge, credentials and degrees just mess up stuff because people flunked all the common sense classes.
Ntosake is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:36 PM   #21
country flag practiceboy

practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
There 2 kind of leadership.
There is the technocrat, stale but competent doing the same thing.

And then there is the visionary, the inspirational leader, the idea person.
It may be counter intuitive given Venus personality, but she has proven to think out of the box; always looking for ways to forge ahead.

That came across loud and clear during the equal fight. When things seems to stall, Venus will always find ways to retool and restart.
What exactly did Venus do in the equal prize money fight that was revolutionary? I agree she was instrumental, but I don't think any of the methods she employed were groundbreaking. She had meetings with tournament execs and then wrote an op-ed piece in a newspaper?
practiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:48 PM   #22
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
You boycott a tennis tournament and THEN expect to get Allaster's job where dealing with tourney organizers is your daily core business? LOL

You cannot be serious

you seem not to understand the political nature of the business.

In business, as in politics, there is neither permanent enemis nor permanent friend's only permanent interests.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:53 PM   #23
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceboy View Post
What exactly did Venus do in the equal prize money fight that was revolutionary? I agree she was instrumental, but I don't think any of the methods she employed were groundbreaking. She had meetings with tournament execs and then wrote an op-ed piece in a newspaper?
There were a lot of stop and go in the process.

You need to watch the documentary carefully.
Your reductionist view of "meetings with tournament execs and then wrote an op-ed piece in a newspaper" is shortsighted and lacking appreciation of what went on.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:57 PM   #24
country flag Petra_Fan

Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice

It would be the ultimate ending of one career and beginning of a new one for Venus. However she has 2 get 2 Olympics 2016 first. Venus is certainly very deserving of it, and the players on the tour have ALOT of respect and admiration for her
Petra_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 11:02 PM   #25
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
I'd like it.

I'm also underwhelmed by a lot of business credentials. CEOs have "people" to handle a lot of things. I understand that the WTA has to be profitable, but it seems in recent years it has drifted away from its mission of serving the players and fans. Venus could be just the sort of person who could stimulate and grow interest in the WTA BY going back to its roots, instead of playing in front of empty stadia.
I would put Venus on the Board of Directors but she hasn't the resume to be the CEO.

Stacey Allaster was the tournament director in tournament director in Toronto for many years and a Tennis Canada's senior executive.
Managing Tennis Canada and the WTA isn't exactly the same thing.

If you watch some highlights from the past, every single stadium was packed back in the days.
They don't have much superstars but they should be doing much better than the current mess they're in.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 11:07 PM   #26
country flag Petra_Fan

Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
I would put Venus on the Board of Directors but she hasn't the resume to be the CEO.

Stacey Allaster was the tournament director in tournament director in Toronto for many years and a Tennis Canada's senior executive.
Managing Tennis Canada and the WTA isn't exactly the same thing.

If you watch some highlights from the past, every single stadium was packed back in the days.
They don't have much superstars but they should be doing much better than the current mess they're in.
Venus may not get the position immediately after she retires but i believe down the line Venus will be the CEO of the WTA
Petra_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 11:44 PM   #27
country flag AcesHigh

AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute

I would like a successful business woman to take over. The WTA is in bad enough shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 11:46 PM   #28
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Fan View Post
I think she could do a fantastic job and really evolve Women's tennis again. She would have a different vision and she is a massive brand herself. Do you think after 2016 Venus will take the job, which will most probably be offered to her. Im sure Billie Jean wants her to have it.

Thoughts ? What could she bring to the position
Stacey Allaster has years of experience and has worked her way up to running a multimillion dollar global brand. Venus Williams is simply not qualified for that job at the moment.

It's later than you think...
Siderophyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 11:47 PM   #29
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

No!

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 11:47 PM   #30
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
I would like a successful business woman to take over. The WTA is in bad enough shape.
Shady bitch.

Venus would be great at it. I'd be great at it, a WTA ball-girl would be great it. Anyone with a brain is more than adequately placed to better the current CEO.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote