The most dominant tournament win of your favorite player? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 04:12 PM   #46
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The most dominant tournament win of your favorite player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ivan. View Post
2002 US Open
R128 Corina Morariu- 6-2 6-3

R64 Dinara Safina-6-0 6-1

R32 [26] Nathalie Dechy- 6-1 6-1

R16 [20] Daja Bedanova-6-1 6-1

QF [11] Daniela Hantuchova-6-2 6-2

SF [4/S] Lindsay Davenport-6-3 7-5

F [2] Venus Williams-6-4 6-3

I disagree. Don't forget Davenport was up 5-2 in second and had set points.

At the Olympics, she beat 4 former #1s and a former #2. Breadsticks and bagels galore.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 04:15 PM   #47
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and Lindsay shook the umpire's hand first!!
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 04:18 PM   #48
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
I disagree. Don't forget Davenport was up 5-2 in second and had set points.

At the Olympics, she beat 4 former #1s and a former #2. Breadsticks and bagels galore.
But the competition was WAY higher at that USO. In the first set Davenport had zero winners, which is indicative of Serena's level that year. Plus she man-handled Venus in that final who was the dominant woman on Summer hardcourts that year.

The Olympics was good, but who did she have to beat? Jankovic (slumping and on grass), Wozniacki (grass-court/general mug), Azarenka (always demolishes her when playing even vaguely well) and Pova (enough said).
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 04:27 PM   #49
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
But the competition was WAY higher at that USO. In the first set Davenport had zero winners, which is indicative of Serena's level that year. Plus she man-handled Venus in that final who was the dominant woman on Summer hardcourts that year.

The Olympics was good, but who did she have to beat? Jankovic (slumping and on grass), Wozniacki (grass-court/general mug), Azarenka (always demolishes her when playing even vaguely well) and Pova (enough said).
Exactly this
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 04:28 PM   #50
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Slim pickings but ill go with 2012 Birmingham.
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 04:48 PM   #51
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ivan. View Post
Exactly this
Exactly. The level of competition these days is just laughable
Serena's 2002 Miami run is my favorite. Bagel Hingis, thrash Venus in SF, then snatch Jenny in straight sets.

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 04:49 PM   #52
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
, she was on verge of losing to Kuznetsova.
When you win a set 6-3 you've never been on the verge of losing. You tried yet again, and failed.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 04:51 PM   #53
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I've never for a second been in any doubt that 2002 Serena is the absolute apex of female tennis. Never.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 06:03 PM   #54
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
When you win a set 6-3 you've never been on the verge of losing. You tried yet again, and failed.
She dropped a set, and in comparison to her USO '02 run RG '13 is not her most dominant tournament win .

I would even put Charleston 2012 in there.
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 06:05 PM   #55
country flag tkutsaar

tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute

As a fan of Sabine Lisicki, I would say her most dominant win that I have witnessed was her 3rd round victory over Irina Falconi at the 2011 USO. The linescore was 6-0; 6-1 and the contest was even more lopsided than that score would normally suggest. It wasn’t as if Falconi was committing a plethora of UEs but instead Sabine was relentlessly hitting winners after winners. I watched the match on ESPN3; the commentators were Barry McKay and either Woodbridge or Woodforde I forget which and the pair of them were a hoot. Almost from the first point of the match one could tell it was not going to be pretty for Irina. During her third service game, Falconi took the first three points to get to a 40-0 lead and the commentator wryly observed “Well Falconi has a chance to hold serve here.” And he said it with considerable doubt that she would hold. Sure enough Sabine took the next five points. During the second set as obviously Sabine was cruising to victory in a most efficient manner and as it was around 3:30 PM local time, McKay asked: “You don’t suppose Sabine has made an early dinner reservation she has to get to?” and the other commentator quipped: “Yep seems like she has a hot date that she doesn’t want to miss.”
tkutsaar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 06:08 PM   #56
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Conchita Martínez in Hamburg 1995

F defeated Hingis 61 60
SF defeated Maleeva 60 60
QF defeated Kandarr 61 60
2R defeated Zrubakova 61 64
1R bye
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 06:25 PM   #57
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

For Vika, AO 2012, Doha 2012 and Beijing 2012 stand out.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 06:27 PM   #58
country flag V.e.s.W

V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all

US OPEN 2001

R128 Lenka Dlhopolcova (SVK) 6-2 6-3
R64 Meilen Tu (USA) 6-2 6-2
R32 [30] Lisa Raymond (USA) 6-3 6-4
R16 [18] Sandrine Testud (FRA) 6-4 6-0
QF [5] Kim Clijsters (BEL) 6-3 6-1
SF [2] Jennifer Capriati (USA) 6-4 6-2
F [10] Serena Williams (USA) 6-2 6-4
Daniela Hantuchova
Serena Williams
V.e.s.W is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 04:04 AM   #59
country flag rjd1111

rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzzy24 View Post
Serena ; Olympics , 2012 US Open , 2013 French Open , 2010 Wimbledon, 2002 US Open
2007 AO final
rjd1111 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote