"Tammy Ka" from Matichon (English Version) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 7th, 2003, 02:13 AM   #16
country flag TammysBigSis
Team WTAworld

TammysBigSis has disabled reputation
February 16 "Tammy Ka"

Thank you for the link, Khun Jiro!

I Accept My Condition

My easy loss in the first round of the Qatar Open to Venezuelan Maria Vento Kabachi probably left many Thai tennis fans confused, right? My new victory in the Indian Open in Hyderabad, India probably gave everyone greater hopes for more success to follow.

I'll tell you honestly that I felt tired and worn out after playing so many tournaments in a row. Since the beginning of the year, I have had almost no days off. After I came back to Thailand from the Australian Open, I only had a few days to practice before I had to leave for a tournament in Japan. Then I came home to Thailand again for only one day before having to leave for India.

The most important factor in my loss was that I was unable to adjust to the conditions in Qatar because the courts were totally different from the courts in India, which were faster and which I am more comfortable playing on. The courts in Qatar were very slow and sticky. I only had one chance to practice on those courts for two hours.

The slow courts plus my fatigue added together and I gradually grew more and more tired. My timing was off. In each rally, after only 8 or 9 shots, I was already out of breath, and Maria was really in a zone that day and played really well. Even if her ranking is lower than mine, she outplayed me that day. Nothing I tried worked, and she won the match rather easily.

Although it was a disappointing loss, I accepted it and took the next 2-3 days to work out in the gym and practice a little meditation. I feel better now and will try my best at the Dubai Open in Dubai, UAE. I travelled to Dubai on the 14th of February and will have 3-4 days to practice on the courts here, which are slow like the ones in Qatar, but I am trying to get accustomed to it in order to get a good result.

I would like to thank the many fans who have sent me good wishes and congratulations on my first championship by e-mail. I have answered some of the e-mails, but there are many more that need to be answered. I am sorry that I cannot answer them all now, but I promise that I will upon my return to Thailand.

Thank you all once again for your all support and praises.

2010 HP Open CHAMPION 2008 & 2009 Ordina Open CHAMPION2003 Indian Open Inaugural CHAMPION
Go, Tammy, go!
Love, peace, and ,
Tammy's Big Sis [Yes, I really AM Tammy's big sis!]
TammysBigSis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 11th, 2003, 09:20 AM   #17
Team WTAworld

1:18 a.m.

I just lost 1/2 of the March 9 "Tammy Ka" column! Sorry guys...I'll have to try again tomorrow afternoon!

Good night!

2010 HP Open CHAMPION 2008 & 2009 Ordina Open CHAMPION2003 Indian Open Inaugural CHAMPION
Go, Tammy, go!
Love, peace, and ,
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 05:19 PM   #18
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Too bad...

Looking forward to it!
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:40 AM   #19
Team WTAworld

In Honour of Wimbledon...Tammy Ka is BACK!

"Ready to Tackle Wimbledon"

I have just traveled from Eastbourne to London to prepare for Wimbledon.

Before I start telling you about my readiness and preparations for Wimbledon, I will tell you the details about the Eastbourne tournament.

As you tennis fans already know, the best I could do was to reach the second round at Eastbourne, losing to 2nd seeded Chanda Rubin of the US in straight sets 0-6, 3-6.

I am willing to admit that this match was really tiring because Rubin was playing so well. Luck was also on her side. Although I was playing well, the first set score does not show it. It makes it seem like I wasn't even in the set, but each game was so close. Two games on my serve, I was up 40-0, but in both games, Rubin got a lot of let-cord shots that threw my off my game. I was even serving well--I remember serving several aces.

After I got bageled in the first set, I tried even harder in the second set and became really tired. As you can see by the score, the result was better because of my extra effort.

I just have to accept that I wasn't able to beat her that day. [Nobody else was able to beat her either!--R.T.]

So now let's talk about Wimbledon. I was lucky to be the last of the 32 seeded players. I play Akiko Morigami of Japan in the first round, whom I've played once before at the Volvo Open in Pattaya at the end of last year, and I was able to pull out a close match with her.

Before the draws were announced, I had a strange feeling that I would be playing Morigami in the first round because while we were in Eastbourne, she was practicing on the court next to mine, and moreover, her coach was really analyzing my practice. They were even watching my match, which made me feel even stranger, so when the draws were announced the next day, I was a bit shocked (that my premonitions came true)

As for Morigami, she is a good player who has solid strokes and a playing style similar to mine, namely baseline groundstrokes, especially flash (?) shots. For this reason, I can't be overconfident, especially because this is the first round and every player will be ready to do their absolute best. I have to put 100% concentration into this match and be as focused as possible and try to get this first round victory.

I believe that the first match has importance to every tennis player who comes to compete here.

As for this year, my goal is to reach at least the 4th round as I have done for the past several years, although this year's draw seems to be tougher than in years past. I still have to try my hardest, and my highest aim all along has been to get further than the 4th round this year.

I would like to achieve the best Wimbledon results that I can because I believe that this is the tournament that I have the best history with and the most positive feelings about.

Go, Tammy, go!

Go, Tammy, go!
Love, peace, and ,
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:47 AM   #20
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of
Talking Go, Thai ace girl!

Thanks Rose for sharing it wiht us!

Choke Dee, Tammy...u can do it!
Shine On Silver Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 12:39 PM   #21
country flag V.Melb

V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute

Rubin was unstoppable. no shame for tammy.

I hope she can continue her great wimby form
V.Melb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 06:33 PM   #22
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Thanks Rose for the translations!

Akiko Morigami posted on her site that she was really looking forward to the match against Tammy. Too bad they have to face each other in the 1st rd because they're both playing well.

Go Tammy!!!
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:11 AM   #23
Team WTAworld

No worries, mate! It's about time I got back to translating!

I'm going to try to do a few while I'm recuperating from a cold. I'll have to see if I can dig them up from Khun Jiro's posts at Thai Tennis!

Catch you later!
Rose

Go, Tammy, go!
Love, peace, and ,
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:39 AM   #24
Team WTAworld

15 June "Tammy Ka"

"The Greatest Disappointment (Really!)" (Or "A Terrible, Terrible Pity"?--need help, Khun J!)

There's probably nothing better to say than the title of this column to describe the feeling of my tennis fans when it comes to the match I just lost a few hours ago to Greek tennis player Eleni Daniilidou in the quarterfinals of the DFS Classic in Birmingham, England.

After analyzing this loss a bit, I realized I had fewer weapons than my opponent, most obvious of which is the serve and the slice, especially the slice. Daniilidou has an amazing slice that is different from most players. Most players have a slice that makes the ball bounce lower, but hers has an extreme spin that gives off a weird bounce that is difficult to play.

Aside from these strokes, I only have myself to blame for not being detail-oriented enough.

I won the first set 6-3, probably because my opponent was not fully "on" yet, but in the second set, it was my turn to be "off," letting her get to a 5-2 lead before I was able to shake myself up and lead 6-5, but ended up losing in the tiebreaker. I tried to fight as hard as I could at the beginning of the third set but she led throughout. Yet somehow, I was able to catch her and force another tiebreaker. I was praying to the angels and using what energy I had left, but came up short as you all know.

After the end of the match, many of my friends on the tour said that my match with Daniilidou should have been the final because the rest of the draw had players not known for their grass court ability (Note from RT: Both Tammy and Eleni have remarkable grass court records. Eleni's grass court percentage is something like 84% and Tammy's is about 73%).

With the match being finished, I admit I completely ran out of energy because I put everything I had into it. There were also many Thai fans in the stands who used all their energy to cheer me on during the match.

Before this tournament, I had bad back pains. I had to wrap my back before going to bed at night. The tournament doctor suggested that I might have injured myself by using the wrong form or it might be a problem with the way I sleep. Whatever the cause, my back is much better now.

Getting to the quarterfinals and beating a higher ranked player like Lisa Raymond will earn me 55 points and will most likely raise my world ranking a bit, but it's still not certain whether it will be high enough for me to get into the top 32 that determines the seedings for Wimbledon, which starts in next week.

As for this week, I will be going to Eastbourne to play in the $585,000 Hastings Direct International. It takes about 4 hours by car to get from Birmingham to Eastbourne.

The Eastbourne tournament is one last warm up before Wimbledon, so I am going to try my best, but I won't overexert myself because Wimbledon is the bigger target.

Please read the column next week when I will share the details of this week's matches with you. Bye for now.

Go, Tammy, go!
Love, peace, and ,
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:56 AM   #25
country flag jirobkk

jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future
Hi Rose,
Thank you for your great effort (translation).

Tammy said in the topic that " She feels very sorry for the loss "

In Japanese = " Hontoo ni zannen deshita "

I have to leave my office early today because I will be supporting Paradorn on TV (LIVE). So talk to you later after I'm home.
Jiro's Facebook
My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors.
Congrats to Tammy for her fourth title in Japan Women's Open 2010.
jirobkk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:51 AM   #26
country flag jirobkk

jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future
Arrow

Rose,
Here below is the link of Tammyka on:
23 Feb 2003: http://www.thaimisc.com/freewebboard/php/vreply.php?user=thaitennis&topic=6048
2 Mar 2003 : http://www.thaimisc.com/freewebboard/php/vreply.php?user=thaitennis&topic=6112
9 Mar 2003 : http://www.thaimisc.com/freewebboard/php/vreply.php?user=thaitennis&topic=6218
16 Mar 2003 : http://www.thaimisc.com/freewebboard/php/vreply.php?user=thaitennis&topic=6309
23 Mar 2003 : http://www.thaimisc.com/freewebboard/php/vreply.php?user=thaitennis&topic=6389
30 Mar 2003 : http://www.thaimisc.com/freewebboard/php/vreply.php?user=thaitennis&topic=6496
6 Apr 2003 : http://www.thaimisc.com/freewebboard/php/vreply.php?user=thaitennis&topic=6578
13 Apr 2003 : http://www.thaimisc.com/freewebboard/php/vreply.php?user=thaitennis&topic=6654
20 Apr 2003 : http://www.thaimisc.com/freewebboard/php/vreply.php?user=thaitennis&topic=6713
27 Apr 2003 : http://www.thaimisc.com/freewebboard/php/vreply.php?user=thaitennis&topic=6805
4 May 2003 : http://www.thaimisc.com/freewebboard/php/vreply.php?user=thaitennis&topic=6905
18 May 2003 : http://www.thaimisc.com/freewebboard/php/vreply.php?user=thaitennis&topic=7054
25 May 2003 : http://www.thaimisc.com/freewebboard/php/vreply.php?user=thaitennis&topic=7122
1 Jun 2003 : http://www.thaimisc.com/freewebboard/php/vreply.php?user=thaitennis&topic=7190

I don't expect you will do translate all but please try before you leave for Japan.
Jiro's Facebook
My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors.
Congrats to Tammy for her fourth title in Japan Women's Open 2010.
jirobkk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:42 PM   #27
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Thanks.
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 05:07 PM   #28
Team WTAworld

29 June "Tammy Ka"

Trying to Forget My Disappointment

"I couldn't play at all. (I was lousy)."

Starting the column with this sentence pretty much directly sums up my feelings about my last loss to Akiko Morigami of Japan at the beginning of this past week in the first round of Wimbledon in London, England.

I really don't know what happened. You could say it was pressure. You could say I didn't have enough focus. These things happened because of the stress of the first round, which I've said all along is probably the most important round in the Grand Slam. I think almost every player out there faces these pressures and the fear of losing in the first round.

Every player has prepared well before getting ready to play his/her first match in an old grand slam like Wimbledon. Therefore, when playing the first round, you're bound to face someone who is ready and raring to go with their A game. It puts everyone under a lot of pressure with anticipation.

Even Lleyton Hewitt, the #1 player in the world who has won many championships, crashed out in the first round quite unexpectedly.

Aside from this, I have to say that Morigami played very well. She gave me no chance to get back in the match and kept her unforced errors down. On the other hand, I hit unforced errors often and wasn't able to play my usual game.

I am really disappointed because the last 5 years I have always played well here and felt most at home here. This loss will probably drop my world ranking to 50.

But it doesn't matter. I am going to try to forget my heartbreak and disappointment as soon as I can and start from square one in the coming tournaments.

As for this year's Wimbledon, I'll just have to say that this is the year of the Japanese players, as many of them were able to get deep into the draw.

After the loss, I decided to stay in England for a little while. I am staying with some Indonesian players, some of my closest friends on the tour, as we shared a flat together this year. I will work on my game and my fitness with some weight training. At the beginning of July I will return to Thailand and stay for a while. I will be doing a clinic for Thai junior players before going to the US to play in tournaments and get ready for the US Open in August.

I want to thank all my fans who sent comiserations by e-mail and who have given me encouragement all along. Even if I lost this time, I still have my fans at home that give me the inspiration to continue fighting. In return, I promise to practice hard and get ready to do my best so as not to disappoint my fans further.

Thank you all again, and see you in next week's column.

Go, Tammy, go!
Love, peace, and ,
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 05:23 PM   #29
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Thank you Rose.
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 05:30 PM   #30
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Aaron
Thank you Rose.
Mai pen rai ka, King Aaron!

Are you near Fayetteville? That's the birthplace of my sorority (Chi Omega).

Go, Tammy, go!
Love, peace, and ,