"Tammy Ka" from Matichon (English Version) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2003, 09:05 AM   #1
country flag TammysBigSis
Team WTAworld

TammysBigSis has disabled reputation
"Tammy Ka" from Matichon (English Version)

I HATE MY BACKSPACE BUTTON!!!!!!!!! It's erased TWO partial translations of the "Tammy Ka" column already!

I hope you know how much I you guys to be putting up with this b.s. at 1:30 in the morning!

"Tammy Ka" Column from 9 February Matichon Newspaper

Even though I was seeded 2nd in the Indian Open tournament in Hyderabad, India, I admit that I was very pleased to reach the final round because coming into the tournament, I didn't have many expectations because I knew there were many things in my game that still needed adjustment and I didn't think I was prepared enough to get that far into the draw.

As I began this week's column, I had just won my semifinal match against the 15-year-old rising star from Italy, Flavia Penetta to set up a final match against Iroda Tulyaganova of Uzbhekistan to whom I had just lost in the gold medal round of the 14th Asian Games in Busan, South Korea.

As fans of tennis well know, by the time I was able to get past Penetta, I was hyperventilating (or does she mean that all of us fans were hyperventilating?) because she led me 5-2 in the first set before I was able to turn things around and win it (7-5). Other than good serves, I was able to recognize and take opportunities that came up in each point. In other words, I got better at knowing my opponent's style and how to adjust my game accordingly.

Flavia is truly a rising star. Her strokes were powerful, and like most newcomers on the tour, she played like she had nothing to lose. Veteran players like me and many others have to be careful when facing these underdogs. We have to try to play our own game and not follow their game plan. We also have to use our experience to our advantage and look for our chances in every point. I was able to practise various strategies beforehand with my coach "Pi Tum" Panomkorn Pladchurnil and more effectively use these strategies during the match.

In the finals with Tulyaganova, I tried to play without putting too much pressure on myself and I tried not to think about the title because I believed I had already surpassed the goals I set for myself coming in. I was just going to go out there and enjoy myself and not think about the championship. By enjoying myself, I would be able to have a good result, whether I was able to win my first professional title or not.

I told myself during the whole match, "Don't push yourself." I wanted to concentrate on my technique as much as possible and fight my hardest, and as long as I could do that, I would not be unhappy with the results, no matter what the outcome.

I want to thank all the tennis fans very much for the support you have given me. Thank you.

2010 HP Open CHAMPION 2008 & 2009 Ordina Open CHAMPION2003 Indian Open Inaugural CHAMPION
Go, Tammy, go!
Love, peace, and ,
Tammy's Big Sis [Yes, I really AM Tammy's big sis!]
TammysBigSis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:13 PM   #2
country flag jirobkk

jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future
Arrow OMG, Thank you so much Rose.

You did a great job.

I'm also posting "Tammy Ka" in Thai Tennis Webboard every Sunday morning. I should do the same here before but you know my English ability is not enough to do that. From now all Tammy's fan are waiting "Tammy Ka" in English version every Sunday from you.

Khob Khun Mak Krub.

BTW, I was back home (from office) when Tammy was down 5-7,3-4 against Angie. And finally she came back and won the match. I'm so happy. I hope she will be making an upset the next round against Myskina.

Jiro's Facebook
My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors.
Congrats to Tammy for her fourth title in Japan Women's Open 2010.

Last edited by jirobkk : Feb 18th, 2003 at 03:24 PM.
jirobkk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 03:20 PM   #3
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Thanks a lot Rose!

Wow, I didn't know Flavia is only 15.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 06:05 PM   #4
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Actually, Flavia's 21 this year.

Thanks Rose for the translations, it means a lot to those who are "Thai Illiterate" including myself.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 07:28 PM   #5
Team WTAworld

I'll let you in on a little secret...players lie about their age A LOT! And "Tammy Ka" is not entirely Tammy's handiwork, but don't tell the folks at home!

2010 HP Open CHAMPION 2008 & 2009 Ordina Open CHAMPION2003 Indian Open Inaugural CHAMPION
Go, Tammy, go!
Love, peace, and ,
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 01:19 PM   #6
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

No wonder I felt something fishy
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 09:13 AM   #7
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 07:17 AM   #8
Team WTAworld

2 March "Tammy Ka"

Leaving to Tackle the Tour in America

After returning to Thailand to rest and practice for a week, I'm scheduled to travel to the US to play in at least two tournaments.

The first tournament is the $2.1 million Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells, California from March 3-16. After that is the $2.96 million Nasdaq-100 Open from March 17-31 in Miami, Florida.

Both tournaments are very big, almost as big as the Grand Slams, and they will take two weeks to complete like the Grand Slams.

Since my world rank has fallen to 34, I'm not sure I will be among the 32 seeded players or not. If I'm not seeded, it will be difficult because I may have to play a seeded player as early as the first round and may not be able to get to the next round.

I was able to get pretty good results in both tournaments last year by reaching the third round in both. I have to get to at least the third round in both tournaments to keep the points I earned last year. Otherwise, my ranking may drop even further.

The most important match in both tournaments will be the first round match. I think it is the most dangerous match because every player will have prepared well to be match-ready. They will be fresh and eager to do all they have to in order to win the first match. In other words, everyone's determination is very high. Other than that, the other important point thing that can't be overlooked is how well I will be able to deal with jet lag and the change in climate, especially jet lag since there is a great difference in time between Thailand (and California [15 hours]). If I can get past the first round, I think my chances of equaling my results from last year or bettering them will be greatly improved.

I'm going to wait and see how I do in these two tournaments to see what will come next. If I do well, I won't play in the three other tournaments in America I commited to at the beginning of the year because after consulting with my coach Panomkorn Pladchurnil, we decided that I shouldn't play 5 tournaments in a row over 7 weeks because it would take too much out of me.

It's like I've said before in the column that since the beginning of the year, I've hardly had any time off to rest. I've been on the road competing the entire year. After I won the Indian Open, I didn't do so well in the following two tournaments (Doha and Dubai) because I felt that I had used up a lot of physical and mental energy. Even though I tried hard to jump start myself while I was in those tournaments, it didn't do any good because I was out of gas.

But if I don't do as well in those first two tournaments as I am aiming to, I may have to play the remaining tournaments, but I'm not sure how many yet.

I'll be reporting to you tennis fans in this column.

Please don't forget to continue sending your encouragement to me!

Thank you very much!

Go, Tammy, go!
Love, peace, and ,
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 07:25 AM   #9
country flag jirobkk

jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future
Arrow Thank you Rose.

Hope you and Dani/Mikey have a good time with Tammy. I met her one day before she leave for USA and I aked her to say "Hello" to you too.

Wta_amanda was very kind for putting Tammy's first title trophy (I've sent to her) in the avatar list.

Thank you so much wta_amanda.

Jiro's Facebook
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 07:55 AM   #10
Team WTAworld

February 23 "Tammy Ka"

Hello, Tennis Fans! I've returned to Thailand. I didn't do as well as I should have in the two tournaments following my victory in the Indian Open. In the Dubai tournament I played before returning to Thailand, I only got to the second round where I lost to Myskina, the world number 11 from Russia.

I admit that my opponent played very well, while I also admit that I was a bit worn out after my victory in India.

As I said in my previous column, I haven't had any rest since the year started. Plus, all the travel to play in last four tournaments was gruelling and contributed to my fatigue.

I understand that many Thai tennis fans eagerly cheered me on and hoped for better results in the tournaments after my victory in India. However, since I wasn't in top shape, the results showed that. It wasn't that I was satisfied with the win in India and didn't try at all in my matches in Doha and Dubai.

But my first championship has allowed me to step up another level. The most important thing is that it gave me encouragement to continue forward on my tennis journey which will be filled with difficult challenges. Tennis players each have their peak and each have their down points. Winning my first tournament allowed me to set a reference point about my peak, because before the win, I admit that I had no idea where I was.

Even Venus Williams, who won in Belgium and planned to play the tournament in Dubai, withdrew from the tournament because she was too exhausted to be able to play well in back to back tournaments.

A player's form and technique is like a graph that has peaks and valleys.

While I'm home in Thailand this time, I will have one week to rest and practice before I have to travel again to America. I'm going to try my best to get myself ready to achieve better and better results.

I'm going to try my best to answer the encouraging fan e-mails I received before I leave for America.

Thanks again, everyone.

Go, Tammy, go!
Love, peace, and ,
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 02:08 PM   #11
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

Thanks Rose.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 02:18 PM   #12
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Thanks again, Rose!

Reading player columns really puts things into a different perspective.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 10:28 PM   #13
Team WTAworld

I don't know about you guys, but Tammy sounds really defensive in these columns. I think she started the column in response to the negative press she gets in Thailand. They can be really merciless when she doesn't live up to THEIR expectations! I'm surprised they think Tammy will move to the US permanently because she seems 110% Thai to me, but I guess they will find anything they can to exploit and take issue with.

The columns seem really basic to me, but I guess this is to help educate Thai tennis fans about how the game is played, how ranking is determined, etc.

Go, Tammy, go!
Love, peace, and ,
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 10:30 PM   #14
Team WTAworld

Khun Jiro,

Do you know how I can access the 16 February "Tammy Ka"? Matichon's archives don't go that far back. Do you also have access to the previous columns? Please let me know so that I can do some more translations for everybody.

Kob khun mahk ka!

Go, Tammy, go!
Love, peace, and ,
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 01:31 AM   #15
country flag jirobkk

Arrow Sawasdee Rose,

I think you've already tried to access the back issued on "Tammy ka" in Matichon homepage but it seems like they are keeping the old data only two week. Don't worry I'm keeping it from the first issue. I'm also posting in Thai Tennis webboard every Sunday. Here below is the link of the 16 February "Tammy Ka". (Please let me know if you need that far back.)

http://www.thaimisc.com/freewebboard...nis&topic=5963

Once again thanks for translation.
Have fun,
Jiro
Jiro's Facebook