Pre-Qualifying Tournament draw - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2003, 03:25 AM   #1
country flag Alek

Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Pre-Qualifying Tournament draw

Seed 1 Jessica Fernandez withdrew
Seed 2 Karin Palme withdrew

Draw

1-Daniela Muñoz vs. Bye
Marcela Arroyo vs. Ana Cecilia Treviño
Graciela Velez vs. Alejandra Obregon
2-Erika Clarke vs. Bye
Alek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2003, 03:26 AM   #2
country flag Alek

Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute
pfff @ this

No Karin
No Jess
And seems Ma. Jose Lopez retired

pfff horrible Acapulco.

Vamos Erika.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 10:58 PM   #3
country flag Nacho

Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute
Hum... Go Erika

(not that I know her, but I like this name anyways )
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 11:14 PM   #4
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute
Vamos Marcela

Jess Zere Karin
"Religion has actually convinced people that there is an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. Any if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But he loves you."

George Carlin
Randy H is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 12:07 AM   #5
country flag VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like the top Mexicans withdraw every year

Loves of my life....
Venus Ebone Starr Williams
Serena Jamica Williams
a lifelong and devoted fan since 1996

Official Life Coach of the Royal Court
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 01:12 AM   #6
country flag Alek

ROUND 1 RESULTS

Marcela Arroyo def. Ana Cecilia Treviño 6-2 6-1

Graciela Velez def. Alejandra Obregon 6-1 6-2

Vamos Erika, Graciela and Daniela.
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 05:36 AM   #7
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Why was Jessica in pre-qualies anyway???? Surely they would have given her a qualy WC, or even an MD one if she was fitter and healthier (she has been there best player since Gavaldon!)
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 09:28 AM   #8
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute
The Federation are very biased and don't help Jess very much
"Religion has actually convinced people that there is an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. Any if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But he loves you."

George Carlin
Randy H is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 10:04 PM   #9
selesfan1

selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future
I don' see why this tournament is held it seems pretty pointless to me
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 12:56 AM   #10
country flag Alek

It's not that pointless with the players that are playing right now. As they don't have the rank to get into qualies by their own.

Probably Karin Palme could make the qualifying draw with her rank if she wanted to play.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 01:04 AM   #11
coolman

coolman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Alek
It's not that pointless with the players that are playing right now. As they don't have the rank to get into qualies by their own.

Probably Karin Palme could make the qualifying draw with her rank if she wanted to play.
but a clay court event before Indian Wells?
you do realize that all the MD and qualies are filled
with TOP 100, occupying about 60 draw lots i think,
and it's so funny that even with the bonus,
they cant seem to attract a TOP 20 player,
oh well, good luck to the Mexican players anyways,
dont see any of them past 2nd round though....
no offense.....
coolman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 01:21 AM   #12
country flag Alek

No pass R2? They wont even pass the r1 But also at the name says is pre-qualy none of these players will play the main draw all these are fighting for a WC for the qualifying draw. The main draw Wc's have already been given.

They haven't attract any top 20 because as you said is pointless a clay tournament before Indian Wells.

Still they have been able to bring good players.

in 2001 Dementieva, Coetzer, Farina-Elia, Testud, Suarez...

2002 Dementieva, Coetzer, Martinez, Sanchez-Vicario, Kournikova, Suarez...

and in 2003 Dementieva (#18 this week) , Coetzer , Suarez, Srebotnik...

Probably this year is weaker in names but stronger as the cuttoff was a bit higher than previous years.

Anyways.. Vamos Erika win your match so you can play qualies
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 03:22 AM   #13
country flag Alek

Marcela Arroyo def. 1-Daniela Muñoz 6-2 6-1

Graciela Velez def. 2-Erika Clarke 6-1 6-0

Arroyo and Velez get qualy WC (Probably Marcela will retire in the qualy r1 match as she usually does) Vamos Graciela.

Daniela and Erika will play for the other.

Go Erika
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 03:50 AM   #14
coolman

coolman is an unknown quantity at this point
this is stupid......NO OFFENCE.:P
but who are these people, awarding
800 ranked players with no prospect whatsoever
in the qualies draw....not just in this tournament,
like last yr's Tokyo and Shanhai....
where are the players!? for goodness sake,
this makes even a 50K qualies more interesting than this.
coolman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 04:00 AM   #15
country flag Alek

You expected that a Mexican event gave WC's to some other countries players?