Jelena's best quotes - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 30th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #1
country flag Princeza
Donna DOnna DOonnaaa

Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute
Jelena's best quotes

Guys, it's finally time to have a serious thread.
The goat is nice enough to grant us memorable interviews and lately she's been on fire. So here you can post la crème de la crème live from JJ's brain and hopefully little by little we'll make a memoir and send it to her.

Recent ones, I'll put older ones later.
Quote:
JELENA JANKOVIC: There are so many great players, and, to be honest, I'm watching only men's tennis on TV. I don't really watch too much women's.

That's why many times when I play against them, you know, many times I don't know my opponent. Like today, I didn't know who I was playing,and I didn't know that was Gajdosova and her name was Groth, you know?

Quote:
Q. You're going to go in to face an Australian player, Jarmila Groth. You've played her three times before.

JELENA JANKOVIC: Who?

Q. Jarmila Groth?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Who is that?

Q. An Australian.

JELENA JANKOVIC: Is that Gajdosova?
Quote:
Q. Could you mention three players that you like in the draw for this tournament?
JELENA JANKOVIC: In the men's?
Quote:
Q. Which is your favorite player in the man draw?
JELENA JANKOVIC: Of woman?
Quote:
Q. In your words, what happened out there? Was she just playing too well?
JELENA JANKOVIC: What was the question?
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #2
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena's best quotes

Amaze thread...

Old May 30th, 2009, 09:10 PM   #3
country flag MaBaker
★Serbian Sensation★

MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Yeah, I was in pain. I took so many painkillers. I was telling the doctor . . . I'm going to overdose, and I want to live."

"As you know, it was a sad story that Heath Ledger died and he took so many things, so I was like saying to the doctor, 'Please don't let me take so many'.

"I still, I am only 22. I want to live."
No competition
MaBaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #4
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBaker View Post
No competition
That's just, seriously
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #5
country flag Princeza
Donna DOnna DOonnaaa

Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute

Jelena talks about her turn of luck in 2007:
Quote:
"Since then I started to get better and better, and who knows, but if I didn't make it to the quarterfinals, if I didn't win a few matches in Rome, maybe I wouldn't be here right now, maybe I would be, you know, who knows, in my university, with thousands of books, reading, becoming a genius (laugh)."
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:17 PM   #6
дalex

Jelena on how tough for her was that knee injury at Wimbledon:

Quote:
"I couldn't wear heels, it was frustrating but it's healing quite fast and I'm happy."
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #7
country flag oneandonly

oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future

Quote:
Q. Was the pavement hot?

JELENA JANKOVIC: No, but I thought I was going to get my dress really dirty, and then that was my biggest concern.
Official Winners and Aces Supplier of the Maria Mafia
Official Good Luck Charm of the Jankobitches Clinic
oneandonly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:32 PM   #8
country flag Princeza
Donna DOnna DOonnaaa

Quote:
Q. Justine is the only player who beat you on clay this year. You said several times you don't like to be in the same part of the draw. So are you expecting Serena to win?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Is she winning?

Q. Losing.

JELENA JANKOVIC: Who? Serena win?

Q. No, she's down a break.
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #9
дalex

Classic confused Jelena:

Quote:
Q. Are you playing doubles with Ana at the Olympics?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't know. I don't think so. I'm not sure. We don't really play doubles. Especially with injuries I've been having, I'm barely playing singles. So I don't know if I could manage to play singles and doubles.

Q. If you're not that healthy in singles, two excellent players, a chance for a gold medal in doubles.

JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't know. We'll see when the time comes over there.

Q. The entries are in now.

JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't think we are playing then. I'm not sure, I guess.
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #10
country flag MaBaker
★Serbian Sensation★

MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"They never ask me why my hair never moves. I use tons of hairspray because of my bangs. Even if I used 100 pins it would all fall out. So I wish they would ask me about my perfect hair!"
How can anybody hate this girl ?
MaBaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:43 PM   #11
country flag Princeza
Donna DOnna DOonnaaa

How can we forget

Quote:
Q. Have you thought about your next round opponent?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Who am I playing? I don't even know who yet.

Q. Thai girl.

JELENA JANKOVIC: Tiger?

Q. Tanasugarn.

JELENA JANKOVIC: I was thinking, Tiger Woods (laughter)? I was like, are we playing golf on grass or what (laughter)? Tanasugarn.
Old May 30th, 2009, 10:14 PM   #12
дalex

This is not Jelena's quote but it has to be posted here.

Sofia Arvidsson on Jelena:

Quote:
Outside the court, I am not, however, equally impressed by her. I had booked a massage after the game clock 17.30, when I get there, my name is gone. Then Jelena without saying anything to me removed my name and wrote her own.
Old May 30th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #13
country flag ChriS.

ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future

This girl is a gem!
Quote:
"I love when I have a lot of supporters. They were asking, What am I talking to the crowd? They go like, Jelena, we love your smile. I'm like, But, yeah, it doesn't help me return her serve (laughter). It's always funny. It's quite entertaining."

ChriS. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 10:36 PM   #14
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by дalex View Post
This is not Jelena's quote but it has to be posted here.

Sofia Arvidsson on Jelena:

Outside the court, I am not, however, equally impressed by her. I had booked a massage after the game clock 17.30, when I get there, my name is gone. Then Jelena without saying anything to me removed my name and wrote her own.
Cilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 11:10 PM   #15
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

what?who?

Quote:
Q. Mary Carrillo said that you enjoyed watching television, especially when you're on television. Do you have any thoughts about that?

JELENA JANKOVIC: What television? Who?

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

''Who cares? Hahahahahaha!''
Brena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote