Queer as Folk (UK and USA versions) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 17th, 2003, 11:11 PM   #1
country flag VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute
Queer as Folk (UK and USA versions)

I don't think the UK version is as popular as the USA version, but I know this is Showtime Networks highest rated show ever.

Season 3 starts in 2 weeks and it's getting good

btw - glad Deb finally got her a man.

Loves of my life....
Venus Ebone Starr Williams
Serena Jamica Williams
a lifelong and devoted fan since 1996

Official Life Coach of the Royal Court
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2003, 11:39 PM   #2
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
The UK version is quite good. I think you can order them in the USA from Amazon.com - there's 2 sets. #1 has 2 discs, #2 has 1 disc. All the episodes. If you like the USA version, you might want to indulge in the UK version...but they're expensive to import there. If you have a Region 2 DVD player (or all region), order them from amazon.co.uk it's cheaper.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 11:43 PM   #3
country flag VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute
One day I plan to buy them. I much prefer British shows anyways (love the accents ).

Do they have the same character base as the US version?

Seles - do you like the American version?

Loves of my life....
Venus Ebone Starr Williams
Serena Jamica Williams
a lifelong and devoted fan since 1996

Official Life Coach of the Royal Court
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 12:58 AM   #4
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty much the same character base as in Season 1...a little different, but same plot, etc. But I think the USA's "Justin" is older than the UK version. Oh, and the names are obviously different. I've only seen hit & miss of the USA version, but I do like it. to me, the originals (of anything - movies, songs, etc) will always be better because it's the first exposure and everything else has to compare to that familiarity.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:37 AM   #5
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute
I really hate the show, it's so stereotypical.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:40 AM   #6
country flag Keith

Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future
I watch the show because its gay, but im not a fan. I think the writing is bad, the acting can be terrible and I dont know what to think half the time. I mean, in one episode, someone is gay bashed, but every other episode has all of them kissing in the streets, you would think the whole world was gay if you didnt know any better.

I can't relate to any of the characters, except maybe at some very random times.

Now, I think its an ok show, nothign wrong with it, but it definitely is not groundbreaking or anything like that.

And Sharon Gless?! Pu-leez, like ANY mother would want to know that her son is a bottom?! She has made reference to that several times. I consider my mom very cool, she has gone to gay bars with me, but if there is one thing that mothers never want to know, it's what their children are doing in the bedroom!

I dont want to trash the show, but I just do not find the show top notch entertainment. It's good for novelty purposes, or a reason to get your friends together for dinner, a few drinks, watch the show...
Keith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 03:13 AM   #7
country flag Mark43

Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold
I find it somewhat degrading and unrealistic. I don't watch very often, but when I do, I always end up turning the channel after awhile. Me and my partner always joke that it seems as if it were written by an old straight hollywood writer who has no clue what gay life is really like. Plus...it is supposed to be in Pittsburgh (I think). I mean, I live in South Beach and before that I grew up in San francisco. Now how come Pittsburgh has this amazingly exciting, totally unrealistic nightlife that beats anything I have ever seen. Those guys on QAF go out every night and the bars are packed...yeah right. Such a joke.
Mark43 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 03:18 AM   #8
country flag Keith

Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future
Brian always has the most contrived lines, ugh

I really liked the Broken Hearts Club. That movie was really good.
Keith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 03:22 AM   #9
country flag darren cahill

darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all
i admit i watch the show and felt it really got off track last season...UNTIL they added that new dreamy guy for Justin...i forget his name, the violin player...FINALLY someone interesting...that story line i could relate too...Brian was so unavailable emotionally and it was thrilling to watch him actually get cold busted by justin...sometimes its too late to show you care...loved it.
darren cahill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 03:33 AM   #10
banana

banana is just really nice banana is just really nice banana is just really nice banana is just really nice banana is just really nice banana is just really nice banana is just really nice banana is just really nice banana is just really nice banana is just really nice banana is just really nice
yeah in australia we get the US version and i think it's kool plusall those hot guys it's on at 10:30 monday nites on sbs 4 those interested
banana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 06:24 AM   #11
country flag Richie77
Bright Like Neon Love

Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute
I've watched it a couple times. I don't like some of the characters on the show...some of them are either stereotypical or completely over the top.
Brian is such a jerk that it's hard to like him. Hal Sparks' character (can't remember his name) is just SO whiny. Although Emmett and the other guy are funny.
Richie77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 06:25 AM   #12
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute
I can't wait, Here in Buenos Aires HBO is showing it!
LucasArg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 09:55 AM   #13
country flag The Crow
The hottest straight, goth rocker on the board
Admin Emeritus

The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Saw the UK version and bits and pieces of the USA version. UK version is much better, much better acting as well.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 09:57 AM   #14
country flag Maajken
Miss Verstand

Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future
ive watched the Us version and thought it was a bit tacky, some characters are kinda fun though

Och du håller så hårt och när längtan blir svår
Så är jag din, din, din att ta med
Att ta ut, att ta in i någonting nytt
Maajken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 08:50 AM   #15
country flag monicain

monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice
Pity me, I have just seen the 15th episode of the 1st season--oh no

I know someone said before this is too stereotypical. And I watched it for fun for most of the time. But when I watched the way Emmett acted when he thought he is positive, and he got nerved, this was just exactly the way I reacted myself. Merely Emmett swear he'd never touch a man again, but I swear I'll keep continuing This was so close to our lives.

Anyway, it'd take a few months before I'd finish watching the 1st season [we don't have it on any coverage here in thailand, so we have to buy CDs], Justin would really get someone else? And U know what, the way he did really annoyed my friend. He said he seemed like he was hungry for Brian's dick all the time.
monicain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote