2013 US Open – Out of Top 10 - Page 30 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 02:12 PM   #436
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US open Petra is playing Alison in last week rematch

PS: Humidity will be in the 70's during the start of Petra's match. Temperature should be near 80 degrees, with 10 mph winds.

I hope she stays mentally strong and focused (i.e., no quick, easy excuses), and had taken her inhaler (unless that slows her down, makes her lethargic) if/when necessary. I wish her a quick match.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 04:21 PM   #437
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Great result, tennis won today. Shitra totally deserved to lose today

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 04:28 PM   #438
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Me watching Petra play "tennis"

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 04:30 PM   #439
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
haha funny!
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 04:52 PM   #440
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US open Petra ate bagel instead of pizza

Quote:
+1

What an utter embarrassment.

I agree with Mac47's sentiments on the live thread as well.

Don't play. Quit early; or finish the match (which she did).

But don't take a medical time out when you're down 0-5 during the second set, after losing the first! That's just immature, and nonsensical. What was that about? You already lost. The time to do it, was early in the first set, or after it. Maybe even very early in the second? SMH

I still saw no fight in Petra, and the chances she had early in the match to intimidate Riske (Petra aces/ROS winners), she let Riske escape/off the hook. This woman is an utter scrub (Riske, maybe Petra to). That's why this is so perplexing, asthma or not. Petra just has to fight sometimes. Maybe you gut out a win, and get a better day/weather the next match? Then it's [literally] a new day.

There's a reason why many of these lower ranked players are scrubs. And so much of it is mental. They don't know how to close or win the big points, even when seemingly breezing through or gifted sets or matches. Just think. When have you ever seen Petra's lower ranked opponents fold like that? We don't! The reason why (we don't), is cause Petra gives up to easy, and lets them go on a roll, feeling comfortable. She has no true fight to make the scrub feel uncomfortable during key, pressure points!

I didn't see anything by Riske today that Petra couldn't handle. It just seemed to me, she utterly gave up and resigned herself to a loss, early in the match

Last edited by Excelscior : Aug 31st, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 04:58 PM   #441
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

You know what will upset me the most?

Not this loss.

But the fact that nothing will change.

There will be no shake up in her team, same coach, same training, same loser mentality.

I can't wait for more embarrassing beat downs to local yokels. Bring it! <full sarcasm mode>

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 05:17 PM   #442
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
You know what will upset me the most?

Not this loss.

But the fact that nothing will change.

There will be no shake up in her team, same coach, same training, same loser mentality.

I can't wait for more embarrassing beat downs to local yokels. Bring it! <full sarcasm mode>
You know it!!

But the reality is. It's not even the coach at this point. It's Petra.

I love my Czech Brethern here. But the reality is; she needs to leave Cersonek altogether, and/or the Czech Republic, and get a new set of advisers. That would be the best. However, I don't think that's going to happen any time soon, if ever.

If she can't do that. At least fight for her own choices, and advisers, independent of Cersonek, if she still wants to keep him as her Manager/Prostojev Club President/Extraliga Team president/Prague Promoter/Fed Cup Regular, Czech sponsor/Travel Pitch woman, etc (all for him), but make her own decisions as a Tennis player.

What's the point of changing people, if they're all the same crappy people in the Cersonek network (like the ones she's had the past two years)??

Petra had long outgrown these clowns. Until she matures (if ever). The only thing that would save her, is a world class team, they could motivate, and relate to her, while making her see the light. I'm not optimistic.

Anyone (such as yourself) that truly watched Petra in 2011, and even the disappointing 2012, knows that the Petra where seeing in 2013 is an utter shell of the one during those past two years. It's just been a year to year decline.
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 05:52 PM   #443
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 08:11 PM   #444
country flag Palkov

Palkov is an unknown quantity at this point

Just returned home and cannot believe it!

In accordance to CZ news servers, she had a fever last night and was barely able to walk in the morning and that she even slept in locker room before the match?! Cannot understand why she did not simply withdraw
Palkov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 08:24 PM   #445
country flag Pasta-Na

Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute

Get well soon, Kvitova.

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO & Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim & 14" FO & WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Pasta-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 08:50 PM   #446
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palkov View Post

In accordance to CZ news servers, she had a fever last night and was barely able to walk in the morning and that she even slept in locker room before the match?! Cannot understand why she did not simply withdraw
It was in her presser: http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/int...971064183.html

Not withdrawing (or heaven forbid, retiring) is a bit of a thing with her, as with that other, though brighter, fading star, Federer. A bit of a stupid thing, really. If she wasn't fit to play, she shouldn't have.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 09:45 PM   #447
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post

Not withdrawing (or heaven forbid, retiring) is a bit of a thing with her, as with that other, though brighter, fading star, Federer. A bit of a stupid thing, really. If she wasn't fit to play, she shouldn't have.
Agreed.

Why play if you're not going to put in the all out effort. If you can't do that, then don't play, or retire early.

You can tell early in the match, after Petra had a few aces and ROS winners off of Riske serve. When she didn't get the BP opportunities, she got negative, and had this resigned look on her face. It's almost like, if she was winning she'd be happy. And if they were even, she would be content. But once she got behind (no matter how early in the match), after missing some early opportunities, it was all over. You could see it on her face, early in the first set.

As far as Federer not doing it. How often does Federer ever get blown out (especially by a scrub)?

It's two totally different mental approaches (and of course class of player), because Federer will still fight to the death. You rarely see him lose to scrubs.
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 11:26 PM   #448
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US open sick Petra had no chance

When Fed loses to a scrub, e.g. Stakhovsky, he forces the scrub to play the match of their life. Stakhovsky played ot of his mind, serving from a tree and making sick volleys. Riske didn't even do anything remotely impressive.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 10:55 AM   #449
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Don't play. Quit early; or finish the match (which she did).

But don't take a medical time out when you're down 0-5 during the second set, after losing the first!
You discount the possibility that something acute may have "coincidentally" occured when that was the scoreline?
(not that I'm insisting that was what happened)
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 12:09 PM   #450
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Great result, tennis won today. Shitra totally deserved to lose today
You're really a parody of a fan. She was sick, she struggled with humidity and couldn't even walk at the end of the second set and you are saying that the tennis won...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palkov View Post

That's not how she does it. She's not Withdrawarenka, she doesn't give up matches, she was probably hoping if she can get on the roll and end the match by the line of lucky winners and good serves. I respect it, that's how she does it. Until she doesn't play when she could heart her self I'm ok with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post

It's not stupid, if you withdraw you have no chance to win the match, if you play it and maybe you're lucky and your opponent is playing like shit you have some chance. She almost did it in Wimbledon so why not here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Agreed.

Why play if you're not going to put in the all out effort. If you can't do that, then don't play, or retire early.

You can tell early in the match, after Petra had a few aces and ROS winners off of Riske serve. When she didn't get the BP opportunities, she got negative, and had this resigned look on her face. It's almost like, if she was winning she'd be happy. And if they were even, she would be content. But once she got behind (no matter how early in the match), after missing some early opportunities, it was all over. You could see it on her face, early in the first set.

As far as Federer not doing it. How often does Federer ever get blown out (especially by a scrub)?

It's two totally different mental approaches (and of course class of player), because Federer will still fight to the death. You rarely see him lose to scrubs.
Well, don't you think that comparing Petra with one GS title and maestro with 17 GS titles and 300+ weeks on no.1 spot is kind of unfair to Petra? Especially during her worst season since her breakthrough.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote