2013 US Open – Out of Top 10 - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 30th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #421
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Finally easy ride Petra beat Bo-Jo in 2

Petra´s big experiment to play it safe is over.
http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_...chybu--1251408

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
BTW.. I have been reading that Kvitty is on a new diet & her pouch is disappearing ... really? .. is there a realiable source to these stories? or are these myths floating around TF...?
it is offical
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=2538
but leaving pizza was a big sacrifice

How are you?
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 30th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #422
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
seedless

It was a joke, but thanks for explanation of this phrase. Yummy fruit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
oooh... I will say.. lets keep expectations low so that the eventual fall will not be great for her long suffering fans & also not jinx her in any way ... I am surprised at your positivity

BTW.. I have been reading that Kvitty is on a new diet & her pouch is disappearing ... really? .. is there a realiable source to these stories? or are these myths floating around TF...?

Always nice to see the 'Beating your faves in less than 60 mins' thread getting a new entry... now and again...
Indeed, we think the same way. Also, nice to see you here again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
I'm not too jaded yet, getting there though.

I really think Petra has a good chance here of the quarters, I think even a 50% Petra could make it that far with this draw.

Just needs to keep focused... oh wait

Saying she has a good chance or that her 50% version could get far is jinxing, don't you think?
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #423
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
It was a joke, but thanks for explanation of this phrase. Yummy fruit!

Indeed, we think the same way. Also, nice to see you here again!

Saying she has a good chance or that her 50% version could get far is jinxing, don't you think?
There are enough negative jinxes saying she will get knocked out early that they cancel out my positivity jinx

Besides, i said as long as she stays focused....
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #424
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
There are enough negative jinxes saying she will get knocked out early that they cancel out my positivity jinx

Besides, i said as long as she stays focused....
That's the problem.
Quote:
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #425
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Petra´s big experiment to play it safe is over.
That's really interesting... I have often wondered if trying to play safer shots has had a negative impact on her game, messing with her rhythm and confidence.

Maybe Petra is better off just playing the way that feels most natural to her?
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #426
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Can she even remember how to hit the crazy aggressive shots she used to do? Or has Kotyza broken her game for good?
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #427
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Can she even remember how to hit the crazy aggressive shots she used to do? Or has Kotyza broken her game for good?
Yeah, maybe he's done more harm than good... she's someone who plays on instinct and confidence... like her USO outfit, simple is better.
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #428
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Yeah, maybe he's done more harm than good... she's someone who plays on instinct and confidence... like her USO outfit, simple is better.
Exactly, she was trying this before and I just don't get it why?

Remember that 1st round of FO when she was saying that she was only pushing the ball back and that she can't only run her opponent down.
Why does she even have to try this experiments? That's like her coach or her don't know what is her strength and how her game should look like.

I have nothing against being more patient when she should be, when she's throwing her shots meters behind the baseline when she should be waiting for the opponents mistake or avoid errors because she is playing winner from tough positions with no good impact. But her aggressive game is still her biggest advantage, she just need to learn how to use it more effectively (like Federer) she doesn't need to play like a pusher.
Quote:
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #429
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US open Petra is playing Alison in last week rematch

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
It is not.

This is the list of player who are lower seeded than Petra or they are just totally irrelevant and they are on the bigger and streamed courts:
Code:
GRANDSTAND
 Women's Singles - Round 2
Ana Ivanovic (SRB) [13]
vs.
Alexandra Dulgheru (ROU)

COURT 17
Paula Ormaechea (ARG)
vs.
Sabine Lisicki (GER) [16]	
Alize Cornet (FRA) [26]
vs.
Ajla Tomljanovic (CRO)

COURT 13
Kurumi Nara (JPN)
vs.
Sorana Cirstea (ROU) [19]

COURT 11
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) [27]
vs.
Shuai Peng (CHN)
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
vs.
Victoria Duval (USA)
Quite a long list by the way. She is playing on the worst court from the top 10 player that are playing today.
Thanks Jack and Hypersonic.

I came home last night, looking to watch Petra's replay on ESPN 3. After not finding it, I'd tried to look for it on the US Open's website (just to see if she played yesterday), and still could not find it. And mind you, this was after I couldn't find the stream listed yesterday on one of those streaming websites.

There was no way I thought Petra would be on one of those numbered courts, and not televised to boot.

But I guess that was the case indeed.

SMH

PS: Nice post/analysis Jack, on the one preceding mine.

Unfortunately, until convinced otherwise; I [usually] take everything Petra and her teams says with a grain of salt. You have to!

But I hope/whatever works!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #430
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Petra first on court 17 tomorrow.

Caro gets Ashe again
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #431
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Caro gets Ashe again
Of course, Wozniacki is the 3-time winner and defending champion. LOL. I don't understand these time slots.
hypersonic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #432
country flag *Jack*

Quote:

Caro gets Ashe again
She's on televised court at least, but I don't understand it as Riske is the home player here. However, I'll be able to watch the match thanks to this, so that counts.
Quote:
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 08:38 AM   #433
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

first on court 17
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 09:21 AM   #434
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
first on court 17
Organizers again failed

* P. Kvitova * J. Janković *
* M. Sharapova * A. Krunić * V. Williams *

Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 01:49 PM   #435
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Caro gets Ashe again
No it's not even Caro. It's much worse than that.

Ivanovic and McFail are on Ashe. And Please no one tell me that McHale is American and Ivanovic is a beauty Queen, as a reason. Cause no one in America knows or cares about the slumping McHale, and Ivanovic stopped getting full preferential Center Court treatment along time ago.

Halep and Kirilenko are on Louis Armstrong. A similar argument could be made as well. Cause whether she's a "hot" player or not, no one in America knows or cares about Halep. And for those beauty Queen lovers (again), Kirilenko rarely gets Center, grandstand court treatment early in events, unless she goes deep, or it has a small, patchy field. So that's not a good reason either.

Ferrer and Kushkin are on the Grandstand court. Another nothing match. But at least it's the ATP. And I'm sure Ferrer has his fans. So you can see why, especially with the other WTA matches to start on Ashe and Armstrong.

I don't really care myself (the way Petra's been playing, she doesn't deserve great treatment, though did play on Ashe to start the tournament). So spare me the reasons, responses in advance. I'm more responding to Pling's post.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote