2013 US Open – Out of Top 10 - Page 25 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 26th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #361
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of
Re: Petra lost to red hot small Romanian Giant Simona Halep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Good signs

She (Simona) said in her last interview when she was asked by an romanian jurnalist ,what does she thinks about the foreign media who keeps ignoring her?

And she said : I thank them . ( and she start smiling )
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 26th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #362
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra lost to red hot small Romanian Giant Simona Halep

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
Good signs
Unfortunately, Fed was posting this on his FB page, not Petra.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #363
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US open Petra is playing Misaki Doi, Petko is looming

I read the thread title. Good!

However, based off what we seen on the weekend, Petra needs to worry about anyone she plays, and not just Petko or anyone else.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #364
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

I feel so bad for Petra (not that she appears to care), watching Grandma Venus Williams actually annihilate Kirsten Flipkens during the first round of the US Open.

Remember, Flipkens was the seeded player here. She also got rocked, by Bartoli during the next match at Wimbledon as well.

I won't be shocked, if/when Halep gets walloped by a Li Na, Radwamska, Venus Williams (if they're in the same quarter), or the first well playing decent player she runs into.

This is not to say Venus can't play well. She Can. This is more to illustrate, how far Petra has fallen/that she can't even beat the "good players" anymore, who thus get annihilated by better/very good players they run into.
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #365
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
I feel so bad for Petra (not that she appears to care), watching Grandma Venus Williams actually annihilate Kirsten Flipkens during the first round of the US Open.

Remember, Flipkens was the seeded player here. She also got rocked, by Bartoli during the next match at Wimbledon as well.

I won't be shocked, if/when Halep gets walloped by a Li Na, Radwamska, Venus Williams (if they're in the same quarter), or the first well playing decent player she runs into.

This is not to say Venus can't play well. She Can. This is more to illustrate, how far Petra has fallen/that she can't even beat the "good players" anymore, who thus get annihilated by better/very good players they run into.
You've seen one good match from Venus and you think that she's better than Petra now? I guess that is first match you've seen from her this year, especially against Flipper.
Quote:
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #366
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
You've seen one good match from Venus and you think that she's better than Petra now? I guess that is first match you've seen from her this year, especially against Flipper.
No.

I'm not saying that at all.

I'm just telling you how bad Petra and Flipkens are now.

But if you're asking, if Petra played Venus, could Venus beat her? Yes I do. Especially, when you consider the mental aspect (Venus being a Multi-Grand Slam All time great), and the power and serve Venus continues to possess.
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #367
country flag Palkov

Palkov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
To me the point is that, with a high probability, Petra would have destroyed Flipkens at Wimbledon if she had played like in 2011. Now she struggles to stay in Top10.

Win/Loss stats before US Open
2011 38-7
2013 39-19
Palkov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #368
country flag Excelscior

@ Jack

Besides what Palkov, and I said earlier.

Put it this way: The Petra that lost to Halep on Saturday, would have gotten killed by the Venus of today, who just murdered the same Flipkens, who beat Petra at Wimbledon.
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #369
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
No.

I'm not saying that at all.

I'm just telling you how bad Petra and Flipkens are now.

But if you're asking, if Petra played Venus, could Venus beat her? Yes I do. Especially, when you consider the mental aspect (Venus being a Multi-Grand Slam All time great), and the power and serve Venus continues to possess.
I think you doesn't have to say how bad Petra is, everyone knows! And I think that Venus could beat Petra that day when she was beaten by Flipper or Halep, every solid player could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palkov View Post
To me the point is that, with a high probability, Petra would have destroyed Flipkens at Wimbledon if she had played like in 2011. Now she struggles to stay in Top10.

Win/Loss stats before US Open
2011 38-7
2013 39-19
Why do you even compare those two seasons? You don't have to see the win-loss record to see that Petra is having horrible season and that's why she plays like that. And Petra would destroyed almost anybody if she played like in 2011, what is the point of saying that?

Quote:
@ Jack

Besides what Palkov, and I said earlier.

Put it this way: The Petra that lost to Halep on Saturday, would have gotten killed by the Venus of today, who just murdered the same Flipkens, who beat Petra at Wimbledon.
Actually you can't say today's Venus would kill Petra because Petra's matches largely depend on how Petra plays, not her opponent.
I think you really should look at last match of Venus against Flipper. Venus bageled Flipper in the 1st set and then broken down by Petra-style and got beaten 6-4 6-2, I've watched that match.

Again, I see no point in constant repeating of how Petra is bad, how Flipper or Venus would beat her and so on.
Quote:
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #370
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future

Arthur Ashe Stadium 11:00 am Start Time

Petra Kvitova (CZE)[7] vs. Misaki Doi (JPN)
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #371
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of

These comparisons are really kind of pointess, especially considering Petra was suffering from a virus when she played Flipper, even though I think she still should have won that match.

What is really disappointing with the Halep match was that Petra came out, full of confidence in GOAT mode, Halep hung in with some outstanding play. Then she just... gave up.

Petra's game is based so much on confidence, she started with it and played outstanding... could/should have been 4-0 up, couldn't break and I could see what was going to happen a mile off, confidence shot and seriously couldn't see her winning another game. Why couldn't she just keep playing the way she was, with a bit of patience she would have broke her eventually.

And what was with the toilet break after 1 set?! Good way to show weakness to your opponent.

Her problems are 99% mental.

I love her game when she is on, she needs to learn how too sustain it. She also needs a plan b.

She (Simona) said in her last interview when she was asked by an romanian jurnalist ,what does she thinks about the foreign media who keeps ignoring her?

Old Aug 26th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #372
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
I think you doesn't have to say how bad Petra is, everyone knows! And I think that Venus could beat Petra that day when she was beaten by Flipper or Halep, every solid player could.

Why do you even compare those two seasons? You don't have to see the win-loss record to see that Petra is having horrible season and that's why she plays like that. And Petra would destroyed almost anybody if she played like in 2011, what is the point of saying that?

Actually you can't say today's Venus would kill Petra because Petra's matches largely depend on how Petra plays, not her opponent.
I think you really should look at last match of Venus against Flipper. Venus bageled Flipper in the 1st set and then broken down by Petra-style and got beaten 6-4 6-2, I've watched that match.

Again, I see no point in constant repeating of how Petra is bad, how Flipper or Venus would beat her and so on.
You brought up a great point to Palkov, about comparing Petra now to 2011 against Flipkens. I agree. That would have been a massacre. And I wasn't doing that. I was only trying to illustrate that Petra's only average to decent right now, and how a "good" playing player beat Flipkens today (Venus), and a "very good" one (Bartoli) killed Flipkens, previously at Wimbeledon.

And No, everyone doesn't know!! Lol.

The reason why, I point out Petra's level sometimes? Cause they're still some Petra fans here, who state the opponent she lost to was "unbeatable/playing great (Pav's, Halep, Robson, Cirstea, etc.)", or now that [they think] she's fit, she's going to be a world beater again.

It couldn't be the farthest thing from the truth.

Plus, you do feel bad, when you watch Grandma Venus absolutely Boss the same Flipkens around the court, that Petra choked/loss to, missing out on a Wimbledon semi-final.

Last edited by Excelscior : Aug 26th, 2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #373
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

Quote:
You brought up a great point to Palkov, about comparing Petra now to 2011 against Flipkens. I agree. That would have been a massacre. I was only trying to illustrate that Petra's only average to decent right now, and how a "good" playing player beat Flipkens today, and a "very good" one (Bartoli) killed Flipkens, previously at Wimbeledon.

The reason why, I point out Petra's level sometimes? Cause they're still some Petra fans, who state the opponent she lost to was "unbeatable/playing great (Pav's, Halep, Robson, Cirstea, etc.)", or now that [they think] she's fit, she's going to be a world beater again.

Just not true.
Your right, but Halep doesn't belong in that list of players, Halep has been playing well for some time now.

Her confidence is too fragile, the slightest thing and she won't win a game for 40 minutes.

Old Aug 26th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #374
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

Petra looked clueless after 4 games, it was a sad sight compared to how she started

Old Aug 26th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #375
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
Your right, but Halep doesn't belong in that list of players, Halep has been playing well for some time now.

Her confidence is too fragile, the slightest thing and she won't win a game for 40 minutes.
When Halep beats Radwanska, Li Na, (I wish Bartoli was still playing), a currently out of shape Vika, or some other legitimate player that's playing well here at the US Open, then I'll be impressed. And no, I don't know her quarter there. Lol

It's like Errani (who I like), winning MM tournaments, but can't win a Premier Mandatory or Premier 5, cause she loses to the legitimate, good players.

It's good for Halep though, that Petra, Sharapova, Bartoli, Kerber, Wozniaki, etc., are all out of form or AWOL for this tournament, and New Haven.