2013 US Open – Out of Top 10 - Page 24 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 06:15 PM   #346
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra beat Kookie 6:0 6:1 in New Haven

what the hell just happened she won a match in 2 sets, and almost double bagel, and in less in hour, too much for me

so shitra mode on tomorrow

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 06:19 PM   #347
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
what the hell just happened she won a match in 2 sets, and almost double bagel, and in less in hour, too much for me

so shitra mode on tomorrow
Petra played good, and was striking the ball well. However, I think it was a combination of Petra playing well, and Kookie laying down like a lamb, against her Czech teammate.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 06:28 PM   #348
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Funny: Renee, brought up to Petra, 'you notice, you have a very good record when her coach--Kotyza is not around'?
That myth is long gone and busted, Kotyza wasn't around at alot of tourneys this year and she flopped regardless

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 06:30 PM   #349
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
That myth is long gone and busted, Kotyza wasn't around at alot of tourneys this year and she flopped regardless
Well, I took it more as; "many people think you need another coach, anyway/for a while", as opposed to the outright accuracy of the question.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 06:59 PM   #350
Fighteranovic

Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute

Petra

I just can't believe Great job girl

Sabine Lisicki ♦ Maria Sharapova ♦ Petra Kvitova
Jelena Jankovic ♦ Venus Williams

Fighteranovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 08:22 PM   #351

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Petra played good, and was striking the ball well. However, I think it was a combination of Petra playing well, and Kookie laying down like a lamb, against her Czech teammate.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.
i know, i was watching most of match, and i didn't believe what i saw

Klara was playing so shitty, uninterested, every other ball went out

petra was onfire today, glad to see that, hope she will defend her title and boost some confidence for NY

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 08:34 PM   #352
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of

Shitra had the day off then, someone tell her she can have the rest of the month off
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #353
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra is playing red hot small Romanian Giant Simona Halep

Not Before 3:00 PM
Simona HALEP (ROU) vs Petra KVITOVA (CZE) [3]
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 07:06 AM   #354
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Nice result. But we know how Petra was playing with Sorana after an exellent match vs Stosur )) GL !
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #355
Fighteranovic

Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
Shitra had the day off then, someone tell her she can have the rest of the month off
She can't, Shitra is hard worker

Sabine Lisicki ♦ Maria Sharapova ♦ Petra Kvitova
Jelena Jankovic ♦ Venus Williams

Fighteranovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #356
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

I hope that Petra can play well again as this is the final and she wants to do something with her form! But I will wait for the match it self as I have no clue what could happen there.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #357
country flag Edmond Dantès

Edmond Dantès is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Lucky Petra secured 8 seed by skin of her teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
First, what's this "secured 8 seed by skin of teeth" news? Is this her projected USO seeding? Where's the discussion and analysis?

Second, I'm tired of the doom and gloom. I don't care about her results in Cincy and Canada. I do like the fact that she is looking fitter. Ultimately, that's what will help. Petra is a top ten fixture, and even if she falls out of the top ten briefly this year, she will easily regain her spot at the beginning of next year.

Third, it occurs to me as I watch her old 2011 matches that her limbs are considerably more solid now than they were back then. She has possible grown a bit, and has put on muscle in her legs and arms. Yes, she's not yet quite as lean as in 2011 either, but her body doesn't put fat on her legs anyway. If you compare 2013 Petra's build to 2011, you'll see what I mean. I think some really great things could happen as she gets fitter. Those 2011 results happened mostly because of her fitness improvement. Mentality and execution followed. That is just the way it goes. (It's also why Vika is IMO doomed unless she turns her own fitness around.)

I have got used to the roller coaster by now, and I think Petra can have another 2011 year next year if her fitness continues on this new trajectory. She is too talented a player not to win more slams, and her shrinking belly perhaps shows that she is serious, even if results are not yet following. The loss to Cirstea was nothing to be ashamed of, IMO. As for the loss to Caro, who knows. The report from most who watched the match was that Petra didn't play badly. I was disappointed, but I'm happy to keep hoping and remain a dedicated Petra fan.
Good post.

She said after Wimbledon that she was working hard on her fitness and it's clear that has been the case. Still, there's only so much you can do in a relatively short number of weeks.

It's likely going to take some time for everything to come together on a regular, reliable and consistent basis. I'm not really expecting that to happen until the start of next year at the earliest - any success in the interim will be a bonus. To me, just getting herself into good shape is already a big win of sorts, and not one we could necessarily have expected.

Hopefully between now and the end of the season she can start to pick up a few more straightforward victories. This season has been such a grind for her, with echoes of the Robson match in Australia (the double faults and inability to push home the advantage) lingering on. Winning the occasional 3 set match when you're not at your best - 'winning ugly' - can be good for your confidence. Constantly having to do this makes it difficult to build confidence and, (especially) when you're not in good physical condition, is probably rather draining.

A win today would be nice. Would provide some validation of the hard work she has been putting in and a boost to morale for the remainder of the year. However, it's not the be all and end all - there's a bigger picture at play. Also, it should be noted that Halep is playing some excellent tennis these last few months. I thought she was quite impressive last night.
Edmond Dantès is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #358

Re: Petra lost to red hot small Romanian Giant Simona Halep

Petra

Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #359
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of

Has she given any excuses as to why she went from GOATra to SHITra in the space of 20 seconds?

Last edited by venusinfurs : Aug 25th, 2013 at 12:44 PM.
venusinfurs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 07:48 AM   #360
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
Has she given any excuses as to why she went from GOATra to SHITra in the space of 20 seconds?
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote