2013 US Open – Out of Top 10 - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Aug 18th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #301
country flag paulmara
Senior Member
 
paulmara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,856
paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future
Re: Petra in New Haven, Ula in Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
has anyone ever seen her play ?
not very fast
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Aug 18th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #302
country flag *Jack*
Senior Member
 
*Jack*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brno, Czech Republic
Posts: 1,736
*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra lost to Caroline in Cincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatkt View Post
And what about Rosol (just out of curiosity)? Isn’t he a member of the Prostejov circle/club? Though I do agree that she should look somewhere else.

I just wanted to know did Vaidisova also belong to the Prostejov club?
Rosol is dating Czech actress/model/news moderater/gold-miner Ochotska and I think that he maybe trains in Prostejov but he has never been a member of that club and has never played for them in Czech extraliga. I thought that she should look for her partners elsewhere outside of the tennis/Prostejov/Cernosek's club circus.

It may surprise you (I haven't known that as well) but Nicole trained in Bolettieri's academy in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatkt View Post
He could be a charmer but his companionship comes with a heavy price. And wasn’t it inept to get involved with the husband of your former teammate? Will it not make things awkward between her and Nicole (How Nicole must have felt when this thing first became known)? Maybe I am old school but it is not a very morally correct thing to do (that’s just my opinion, nobody else has to feel that way). But I feel it doesn’t show her in a good light.But apart from that it’s a very unwise thing that could eventually hurt her in her professional life. I mean, when this thing broke out in June, all the media talked about her as being the one responsible for the divorce of Nicole and Stepanek. Was it prudent on her part to get the label of a home wrecker, that too for a guy like Stepanek, the career wrecker, who is not suitable for her in any aspects (age wise, looks wise, achievements, nature, anything)? I am sure somewhere it must have affected her game at Wimbledon. And so far they have avoided getting seen together in the Czech to avoid the media (this could be is plan as he is aware of his reputation back home). But now it’s out in the open, so it will be talked about. And whenever she’s going to perform badly, people will point fingers at this association because of his negative reputation. Won’t it adversely affect her morale even further?

I do feel this is a very unwise and wretched thing done by Petra. But shouldn’t this guy, for once, introspect that ‘I have destroyed enough careers for my lust and randiness. But I should spare this girl. She is a lovely girl with a great talent. I shouldn’t mess with her life and her career.' I wonder how many more Czech girls would have to go through the same circumstances.
That's why I didn't want to believe it for so long, because of her nature and that I've never seen anyone saying anything bad about her. It's hard to understand it because I guess we will never know enough to make a clear mind of what has happened between Radek, Petra and Nicole and we will surely never see into Petra's head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
Is this the lowest point of Petra's career so far?

In some ways I want Petra to lose against the lesser Radanska, she needs a real shock, a wake up call. Serena had it, when she lost in the first round of the French open, said she didn't leave the house for two days but look how she came back.

I want this to happen to Petra, she needs a really bad loss, one where she can't use one of her lame excuses. One where she can't do a little shopping and all her problems disappear.

Lisicki posted a message after her loss saying how she needs more matches, needs to cut out silly errors etc. What do we get from Petra after a loss, a picture of her shopping for clothes and no mention of anything she thinks she needs a to work on.

I've not followed her for long really, has she 'ever' admitted she needs to work on any part of her game? Or is she always living in cloud cuckoo land?
She actually has never problem with naming her weaknesses and mistakes after the match, that is one of the advantages that Kotyza has listed why he started to coach her. I think she doesn't do this anymore is that there were too many losses and upsets that she doesn't perceive it only as individual losses and mistakes but as bad period of her career that she is in and when she loses again it just means that it continues. It just doesn't have any sense to name all the mistakes, weaknesses and so on over and over again for her. She knows something is bad, she kinda knows what she has to do to change it (or at least it looks that she thinks so ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
First, what's this "secured 8 seed by skin of teeth" news? Is this her projected USO seeding? Where's the discussion and analysis?

Second, I'm tired of the doom and gloom. I don't care about her results in Cincy and Canada. I do like the fact that she is looking fitter. Ultimately, that's what will help. Petra is a top ten fixture, and even if she falls out of the top ten briefly this year, she will easily regain her spot at the beginning of next year.

Third, it occurs to me as I watch her old 2011 matches that her limbs are considerably more solid now than they were back then. She has possible grown a bit, and has put on muscle in her legs and arms. Yes, she's not yet quite as lean as in 2011 either, but her body doesn't put fat on her legs anyway. If you compare 2013 Petra's build to 2011, you'll see what I mean. I think some really great things could happen as she gets fitter. Those 2011 results happened mostly because of her fitness improvement. Mentality and execution followed. That is just the way it goes. (It's also why Vika is IMO doomed unless she turns her own fitness around.)

I have got used to the roller coaster by now, and I think Petra can have another 2011 year next year if her fitness continues on this new trajectory. She is too talented a player not to win more slams, and her shrinking belly perhaps shows that she is serious, even if results are not yet following. The loss to Cirstea was nothing to be ashamed of, IMO. As for the loss to Caro, who knows. The report from most who watched the match was that Petra didn't play badly. I was disappointed, but I'm happy to keep hoping and remain a dedicated Petra fan.
Good post, mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
PS: An out of shape, and flawed Vika, bull shittted her way to a final vs a flawed and slightly injured Serena.

This is why I never buy that, "Petra's conditioning" excuse, so many people like to bandy about. That's just what people like to say, cause they see her stomach all the time (though she's really as slim girl to begin with, and has little stomach in person).

Champions, have a strong enough mentality. So they can bull shit and will themselves to wins, in matches that they should/could have lost multiples of times.

Both Serena and (the much more attainable--for Petra) Azarenka, played crappy matches yesterday (and through out the tournament, especially for Azarenka) they both could have lost. However, they both won. Why? Cause they know how to win ugly. Sharapova does to for that matter.

That should be a lesson to all of us. That Petra's not going to just turn into the 2011 version overnight if she's fitter (though you would like to believe, the hard work would mean she's more committed). Petra should be a fighter all the time, and not just cause she can't bully you off the court, and/or win when she wants to; cause the opposition puts up a tough fight.
She used to do this as well in 2011 and parts of 2012. It is just so much easier if you are naturally born champion (as Serena) or you had great season or couple of seasons (as Vika and Maria). Of course, girls from top 4 are so much consistent, Petra will probably never be as good as them in terms of consistency, but she has to gain than strong self-belief that she had in 2011 and 2012 to do this again. Plus, it is much more complicated than just the autopilot, it's also much about their game. Vika and Masha can play as defensive baseliners when their strokes are landing behind the baseline, Petra can do this only when she is on top of her movement capabilities or plays against scrubs. Serena has strong serve (among other things) that keeps her in the match and bullshit her to the next rounds even when her game is not on top. Petra used to have only strong serve to do this, she lost it and is unable to bullshit her way through now.
__________________
Petra Kvitová *** Tomáš Berdych *** Roger Federer
Andy Murray *** Lucie Šafářová *** Tommy Haas
Radek Štěpánek & Leander Paes *** Lucie Hradecká
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #303
country flag Trey
Senior Member
 
Trey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,163
Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra in New Haven, Ula in Poland

Would ya consider Elina an counterpuncher or aggressive baseliner ?
__________________
Serena Williams (17) ⎮ Venus Williams (7) ⎮ Vika Azarenka (2) ⎮ Kvitová (1) ⎮ Ivanovic (1)

A.Radwańska ⎮ Halep ⎮ Bouchard ⎮ Keys ⎮ Stephens ⎮ Robson ⎮ Vekić ⎮ Puig
Townsend ⎮ Duval ⎮ Vickery ⎮ Abanda ⎮ Kovinić ⎮ Konjuh ⎮ Krejčíková ⎮ Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #304
country flag Excelscior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,605
Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra lost to Caroline in Cincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Rosol is dating Czech actress/model/news moderater/gold-miner Ochotska and I think that he maybe trains in Prostejov but he has never been a member of that club and has never played for them in Czech extraliga. I thought that she should look for her partners elsewhere outside of the tennis/Prostejov/Cernosek's club circus.

It may surprise you (I haven't known that as well) but Nicole trained in Bolettieri's academy in Florida.


That's why I didn't want to believe it for so long, because of her nature and that I've never seen anyone saying anything bad about her. It's hard to understand it because I guess we will never know enough to make a clear mind of what has happened between Radek, Petra and Nicole and we will surely never see into Petra's head.


She actually has never problem with naming her weaknesses and mistakes after the match, that is one of the advantages that Kotyza has listed why he started to coach her. I think she doesn't do this anymore is that there were too many losses and upsets that she doesn't perceive it only as individual losses and mistakes but as bad period of her career that she is in and when she loses again it just means that it continues. It just doesn't have any sense to name all the mistakes, weaknesses and so on over and over again for her. She knows something is bad, she kinda knows what she has to do to change it (or at least it looks that she thinks so ).


Good post, mate.


She used to do this as well in 2011 and parts of 2012. It is just so much easier if you are naturally born champion (as Serena) or you had great season or couple of seasons (as Vika and Maria). Of course, girls from top 4 are so much consistent, Petra will probably never be as good as them in terms of consistency, but she has to gain than strong self-belief that she had in 2011 and 2012 to do this again. Plus, it is much more complicated than just the autopilot, it's also much about their game. Vika and Masha can play as defensive baseliners when their strokes are landing behind the baseline, Petra can do this only when she is on top of her movement capabilities or plays against scrubs. Serena has strong serve (among other things) that keeps her in the match and bullshit her to the next rounds even when her game is not on top. Petra used to have only strong serve to do this, she lost it and is unable to bullshit her way through now.
Good post.

But Sharapova is not a defensive player in the least. And/Plus, Petra is a better athlete than her. What you probably meant was; Sharapova is more consistent in her strokes than Petra. However, I've seen Sharapova, win a boatload of shit fest with 50UE and 10+DF's in the same match. So it can't be that. Once again, it falls to mentality.

Petra used to have a great, reliable serve as well, and has appeared to lose it for the time being. However, that's still no excuse for her to lose to mugs. Petra can win ugly, as the other players do.

I hear what you're saying. But I think it just comes down to Petra's will. It's called winning ugly, and waiting for the other, lesser player to choke (or your game to come around). However, more times than not (lately) it's Petra. She used to win ugly in 2011 and 2012. So I'm not buying what you're saying, about Petra's style of game. She knows how to play with Margin (as she did in New Haven 2012) when her shot making is not there.

The only point, I'm really trying to make [though], it's not all about her fitness. I wish it were that simple.

PS: Azarenka was the biggest of headcases and chokers in the entire WTA and made a miraculous turnaround. And I may add, she made this turn around (2011), before she ever had a great season. You don't have to be a "natural born champion", to correct being an initial choker, quitter, unfocused player. Many have.
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #305
country flag *Jack*
Senior Member
 
*Jack*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brno, Czech Republic
Posts: 1,736
*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra lost to Caroline in Cincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Good post.

But Sharapova is not a defensive player in the least. And/Plus, Petra is a better athlete than her. What you probably meant was; Sharapova is more consistent in her strokes than Petra. However, I've seen Sharapova, win a boatload of shit fest with 50UE and 10+DF's in the same match. So it can't be that. Once again, it falls to mentality.

Petra used to have a great, reliable serve as well, and has appeared to lose it for the time being. However, that's still no excuse for her to lose to mugs. Petra can win ugly, as the other players do.

I hear what you're saying. But I think it just comes down to Petra's will. It's called winning ugly, and waiting for the other, lesser player to choke (or your game to come around). However, more times than not (lately) it's Petra. She used ot win ugly in 2011 and 2012. So I'm not buying what you're saying, about Petra's style of game. She knows how to play with Margin (as she did in New Haven 2012) when her shot making is not there.
I think you didn't get what I was trying to say. I thought about Sharapova's plan B that can be defense because she can move good enough and is very consistent on her strokes, I know that her mentality is closer to the BBB. You're right with the mentality, I just wanted to say that the mentality is not all.

Loss of good reliable serve is not excuse to lose to mugs but it is harder to bullshit your way through if you lost your most reliable weapon that keeps you in matches for most of the time.

You don't have to disagree with me. I just think that she will never be as consistent as Pova or Vika, but she doesn't have to be. She can make for it by winning more titles or playing better during more important tournaments. The consistency is of course large issue if you want to talk about bullshiting your way through.
__________________
Petra Kvitová *** Tomáš Berdych *** Roger Federer
Andy Murray *** Lucie Šafářová *** Tommy Haas
Radek Štěpánek & Leander Paes *** Lucie Hradecká
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #306
country flag Excelscior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,605
Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra in New Haven, Ula in Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
I think you didn't get what I was trying to say. I thought about Sharapova's plan B that can be defense because she can move good enough and is very consistent on her strokes, I know that her mentality is closer to the BBB. You're right with the mentality, I just wanted to say that the mentality is not all.

Loss of good reliable serve is not excuse to lose to mugs but it is harder to bullshit your way through if you lost your most reliable weapon that keeps you in matches for most of the time.

You don't have to disagree with me. I just think that she will never be as consistent as Pova or Vika, but she doesn't have to be. She can make for it by winning more titles or playing better during more important tournaments. The consistency is of course large issue if you want to talk about bullshiting your way through.
Sharapova, is not a good mover. And she's certainly not graceful. She's only been moving well on clay as of late. But she's not a better athlete or mover than a motivated Petra. Sorry. Can't buy that. I've seen them both play too much.

Yes, Sharapova and Vika are more consistent on their strokes than Petra. Agreed. That's another argument. And I'm not even arguing that. What I'm saying is; even when they both make a boatload of errors, they still win. Remember, Sharapova had some awful matches 2010-2012 (and before), where she would have 50+ UE's, with 10+ DF's (even in majors, during the early rounds) and still win. Maybe you don't remember. How many matches like that, does Petra win?

Again! Those players have their consistency (in their arsenal/toolbox), while Petra has her shot making. Agreed (and how those 3 players can win). However, when those players lose their "consistency", they usually win, no matter the amount of UE's. When Petra loses her "shot making (as of late)", she loses. So once again it comes down to will. They have it. And Petra does not.

Remember, you don't "bullshit your way through matches or title games" when you're consistent. That's an oxymoron. You usually "bullshit your way through matches and titles when you're not (consistent)". That's the Champions will, I was discussing.

Hope I clarified?
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #307
country flag Trey
Senior Member
 
Trey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,163
Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra in New Haven, Ula in Poland

My Bad Guy I Mistake and put the wrong Qualifiers

(7)Lisicki v Mladenovic
Pavlyuchenkova v Cirstea
Alison Riske v Stefanie Vögele
Radwanska v (3)Kvitova
__________________
Serena Williams (17) ⎮ Venus Williams (7) ⎮ Vika Azarenka (2) ⎮ Kvitová (1) ⎮ Ivanovic (1)

A.Radwańska ⎮ Halep ⎮ Bouchard ⎮ Keys ⎮ Stephens ⎮ Robson ⎮ Vekić ⎮ Puig
Townsend ⎮ Duval ⎮ Vickery ⎮ Abanda ⎮ Kovinić ⎮ Konjuh ⎮ Krejčíková ⎮ Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #308
country flag paulmara
Senior Member
 
paulmara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,856
paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future
Re: Petra in New Haven, Ula in Poland

Not Before 7:00 PM
Caroline WOZNIACKI (DEN) [4] vs Shuai PENG (CHN)
followed by
Urszula RADWANSKA (POL) vs Petra KVITOVA (CZE) [3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Would ya consider Elina an counterpuncher or aggressive baseliner ?
I remember Nathii on the left , Ralf Reinecke on the right and Svitolina getting angry
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 07:47 AM   #309
country flag Hartson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,260
Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra in New Haven, Ula in Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Would ya consider Elina an counterpuncher or aggressive baseliner ?
aggressive baseliner. She has exellent shots from both wings
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #310
country flag mac47
Senior Member
 
mac47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,710
mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra in New Haven, Ula in Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
My Bad Guy I Mistake and put the wrong Qualifiers

(7)Lisicki v Mladenovic
Pavlyuchenkova v Cirstea
Alison Riske v Stefanie Vögele
Radwanska v (3)Kvitova
Let's see... Mladenovic, check. Cirstea, just recently. Pavs at the beginning of the year...

I can't remember if she has lost to Lisicki recently, and I think she hasn't to Voegele or Riske.

Ula has enough game to take her down. Come the f**k on, Petra, you don't have that many left that you haven't lost to.

Yes, I am f*cking bitter. Vika is beating Serena. Vika.

Damn you and your waste of talent, Petra. You should own this tour.
__________________
Cheering the variety and talent: Aga, Li, Petra.
Supporting Halep against the skeptics and haters.
Hoping something will eventually force Pova and Vika to find another line of work.
To hell with these idiotic ideas that players can "save tennis" and that "the tour needs" any particular player.
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #311
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova
Senior Member
 
Pimp_Me_Pova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,131
Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra in New Haven, Ula in Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Let's see... Mladenovic, check. Cirstea, just recently. Pavs at the beginning of the year...

I can't remember if she has lost to Lisicki recently, and I think she hasn't to Voegele or Riske.

Ula has enough game to take her down. Come the f**k on, Petra, you don't have that many left that you haven't lost to.

Yes, I am f*cking bitter. Vika is beating Serena. Vika.

Damn you and your waste of talent, Petra. You should own this tour.
i was s saying long time ago, if she was mentally on high level, and playing her best tennis, we would have epic battles between serena and petra, either in final or round before, and i believe that tour will be far more interesting that it is now so get your shit together..
__________________
My favourite pova is Bitchypova

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #312
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games
 
venusinfurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,227
venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of
Re: Petra in playing little sis Ula in New Haven

So Vika, the player who Petra 'maybe' could have beat in the quarters defeats Serena in the final.

Vika and Serena are far and away the best players on tour right now, so sad to see a player with the talent Petra has falling further and further away from them...

Come on Petra, it's all very well getting fit but don't forget to get your brain is shape too

__________________
Simona Halep (2014 French Open Runner-up) - Petra Kvitova (2011/2014 Wimbledon Champion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA View Post

She (Simona) said in her last interview when she was asked by an romanian jurnalist ,what does she thinks about the foreign media who keeps ignoring her?

And she said : I thank them . ( and she start smiling )
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #313
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games
 
venusinfurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,227
venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of
Re: Petra in New Haven, Ula in Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Let's see... Mladenovic, check. Cirstea, just recently. Pavs at the beginning of the year...

I can't remember if she has lost to Lisicki recently, and I think she hasn't to Voegele or Riske.

Ula has enough game to take her down. Come the f**k on, Petra, you don't have that many left that you haven't lost to.

Yes, I am f*cking bitter. Vika is beating Serena. Vika.

Damn you and your waste of talent, Petra. You should own this tour.
How the mighty have fallen
__________________
Simona Halep (2014 French Open Runner-up) - Petra Kvitova (2011/2014 Wimbledon Champion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA View Post

She (Simona) said in her last interview when she was asked by an romanian jurnalist ,what does she thinks about the foreign media who keeps ignoring her?

And she said : I thank them . ( and she start smiling )
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #314
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games
 
venusinfurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,227
venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of
Re: Petra in playing little sis Ula in New Haven

Does Petra have the 'squash shot' in her repertoire? I've not really seen her use it, both Azarenka and Serena used it in the final to fantastic effect when defending and getting themselves back into points.
__________________
Simona Halep (2014 French Open Runner-up) - Petra Kvitova (2011/2014 Wimbledon Champion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA View Post

She (Simona) said in her last interview when she was asked by an romanian jurnalist ,what does she thinks about the foreign media who keeps ignoring her?

And she said : I thank them . ( and she start smiling )
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #315
country flag *Jack*
Senior Member
 
*Jack*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brno, Czech Republic
Posts: 1,736
*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra in playing little sis Ula in New Haven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Sharapova, is not a good mover. And she's certainly not graceful. She's only been moving well on clay as of late. But she's not a better athlete or mover than a motivated Petra. Sorry. Can't buy that. I've seen them both play too much.

Yes, Sharapova and Vika are more consistent on their strokes than Petra. Agreed. That's another argument. And I'm not even arguing that. What I'm saying is; even when they both make a boatload of errors, they still win. Remember, Sharapova had some awful matches 2010-2012 (and before), where she would have 50+ UE's, with 10+ DF's (even in majors, during the early rounds) and still win. Maybe you don't remember. How many matches like that, does Petra win?

Again! Those players have their consistency (in their arsenal/toolbox), while Petra has her shot making. Agreed (and how those 3 players can win). However, when those players lose their "consistency", they usually win, no matter the amount of UE's. When Petra loses her "shot making (as of late)", she loses. So once again it comes down to will. They have it. And Petra does not.

Remember, you don't "bullshit your way through matches or title games" when you're consistent. That's an oxymoron. You usually "bullshit your way through matches and titles when you're not (consistent)". That's the Champions will, I was discussing.

Hope I clarified?
I think I got it. I didn't want to say that Sharapova was a good mover but she's not bad. Plus, she can move well even "when she loses her consistency" unlike Petra who can move well only when she's on or concentrated enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
i was s saying long time ago, if she was mentally on high level, and playing her best tennis, we would have epic battles between serena and petra, either in final or round before, and i believe that tour will be far more interesting that it is now so get your shit together..
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
So Vika, the player who Petra 'maybe' could have beat in the quarters defeats Serena in the final.

Vika and Serena are far and away the best players on tour right now, so sad to see a player with the talent Petra has falling further and further away from them...

Come on Petra, it's all very well getting fit but don't forget to get your brain is shape too

That's how it goes for the top guys, very consistent ones that can get to the final on autopilot and than win because they've played a good match when it mattered. It reminds me what happened to Djokovic in Monte Carlo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
Does Petra have the 'squash shot' in her repertoire? I've not really seen her use it, both Azarenka and Serena used it in the final to fantastic effect when defending and getting themselves back into points.
I think she can play a forehand slice but she use it to mix up the play or break the rhythm, not for getting back to the rally. But she doesn't have many opportunities to hit a squash shot, because she either hit her forehand down the line winner (she used to hit them in Dubai and Katowice) or Delpo's cross-court forehand killer winner (she hit couple of those in the match against Sam) to get the ball back or she just can't reach it at all.
But she is quite good in using backhand slice to get back to the rally and this is also the side where the right-handers has to play squash shots. Of course she can lose all those shots when she's not on or runs out of confidence.
__________________
Petra Kvitová *** Tomáš Berdych *** Roger Federer
Andy Murray *** Lucie Šafářová *** Tommy Haas
Radek Štěpánek & Leander Paes *** Lucie Hradecká
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios