2013 US Open – Out of Top 10 - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #271
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra is trying to save her ranking in New Haven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatkt View Post
And this is quite a unique example. Never have I heard that one by one, the two best female players of a country, belonging to the same generation, getting hooked up with the same guy, despite such an age gap. (I don’t think Justine and Kim dated the same guy.). And that too a fellow who brings such a negative influence on their careers. Why is he allowed to do this? I wonder if there is any debate about it in the Czech Republic. Aren’t there any other male players in the Czech? Why does it have to be him every time? I thought that no female players would get involve with him after seeing Nicole’s downfall!! But as they say truth is stranger than fiction!

Though, I am so glad to know that you too feel the same way and so many others too. You are right that she has slumped further after getting involved with him. That’s why I was so apprehensive about this relationship and that’s the reason why I kept mentioning it again and again. For Petra’s sake I too hope that it will end soon, but why did it even happen in the first place?

I feel she’ll do well at New Haven though, may well defend her title because none of the big names play there. But you never know with Petra.
Prostojov Club/team, Miroslav Cersonek, Czech Cabal; that's your answer!!

I'm not sure if you realize this. But every player you and Jack mentioned, passed through Prostejov, Cersonek, or one of his sponsored events.

Czech's appear to be very nationalist and proud of their Tennis players and history. And Cernosek (and his programs, events and affiliations) feeds into [this], and doesn't discourage it.

Repeat: Every player you mentioned (including Safarova and Berdych; Hingis and Stepanek), and one's you didn't--like Adam and Petra; were affiliated with, met via him in one way or the other.

Everything just appears so inbred to many outsiders (and it's not just because these players are around each other a lot, in the same sport). I think he likes it that way. He damn sure doesn't appear to discourage it (otherwise, he wouldn't mind them leaving). 'Keep it in the [Cernosek, and/or Czech] family', seems to be his motto.

Jack; correct me if I'm wrong on anything (and not cause you disagree, don't want to believe it).

PS: I'm only writing this, cause I think many Petra fans continue to be unaware of the gigantic influence this guy has on her, and other Czech players, in varying degrees, one way or the other.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #272
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of

roughly how far does she need to get to stay on the top 10?
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #273
Fighteranovic

Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
I think she needs at least semifinal But if JJ reaches finals of Cincy, Petra will need finals in NH
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #274
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan. View Post
I think she needs at least semifinal But if JJ reaches finals of Cincy, Petra will need finals in NH
Oh dear.
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #275
Fighteranovic

Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh dear.
You are right, "Oh dear" But let's stay positive
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #276
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

How many points is she defending at the U.S. Open ?

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #277
Fighteranovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
How many points is she defending at the U.S. Open ?
"Just" 280
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #278
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I guessing that not much too defend but it depend on how her draw look as well I guess

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #279
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Win the title anything less and she will be out of Top10, this isn't affecting her USO seeding

Quote:
Nope, JJ reaching the final will affect only USO seedling

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #280
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

La Petra meets Scrub-la Radwanska in the first round of NH. Will Petra set a new low this season by losing to her ?

Stosur has parted with her coach David Taylor. They had been working together for more than six years, but it seems that 29 yr old Sam, whose game has stagnated this last year and a half, is still ambitious enough to drop her coach, with whom she had a close and friendly relationship. Perhaps she's following Marion's example and is aiming her last shot for a GS next season, maybe RG ? She's an example of someone who can take her own decisions, and who knows that changes are needed to get what she wants and is not afraid of the risks involved.

Would he make a good coach for Petra? and how long before he dropped her after seeing Petra's commitment, lack of ambition and working ethics ? Surely he wouldn't be so understanding with Petra's losses and general attitude on court, and Petra probably wouldn't like either being coached by someone who would surely try to take her out of her safe niche of self complacency and ridiculous excuses to justify her day in day out underperformances. Maybe Petra and her coach are just too confortable with each other to part.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 04:43 AM   #281
country flag bharatkt

bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice
Re: Petra lost to Caroline in Cincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post

As I said, I can understand you anger and I also don't get it. There are other male players, but there are not good for her either: Berdych - he was smart enough to find a model after he dated Safarova for 11 years and they broke up, Vesely - he is as young as Pavlasek. I would try to find somewhere else if I were her.
And what about Rosol (just out of curiosity)? Isn’t he a member of the Prostejov circle/club? Though I do agree that she should look somewhere else.

I just wanted to know did Vaidisova also belong to the Prostejov club?
bharatkt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 04:55 AM   #282
country flag bharatkt

bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
@ Milan

"they" [on GM] even speculated moreso, that he was a "Sweet Talker" who impressed a lot of these small town/young Czech Girlz!! Some (who claims they met him), even said he was quite charming, and better looking in person.

This part makes more sense. Cause you can can get Big **** anywhere, and for a moment. But to go out with, marry a guy; there's got to be something more (whether that comes with it or not), especially for world class athletes/heroes in their country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Prostojov Club/team, Miroslav Cersonek, Czech Cabal; that's your answer!!

I'm not sure if you realize this. But every player you and Jack mentioned, passed through Prostejov, Cersonek, or one of his sponsored events.

Czech's appear to be very nationalist and proud of their Tennis players and history. And Cernosek (and his programs, events and affiliations) feeds into [this], and doesn't discourage it.

Repeat: Every player you mentioned (including Safarova and Berdych; Hingis and Stepanek), and one's you didn't--like Adam and Petra; were affiliated with, met via him in one way or the other.

Everything just appears so inbred to many outsiders (and it's not just because these players are around each other a lot, in the same sport). I think he likes it that way. He damn sure doesn't appear to discourage it (otherwise, he wouldn't mind them leaving). 'Keep it in the [Cernosek, and/or Czech] family', seems to be his motto.

Jack; correct me if I'm wrong on anything (and not cause you disagree, don't want to believe it).

PS: I'm only writing this, cause I think many Petra fans continue to be unaware of the gigantic influence this guy has on her, and other Czech players, in varying degrees, one way or the other.
He could be a charmer but his companionship comes with a heavy price. And wasn’t it inept to get involved with the husband of your former teammate? Will it not make things awkward between her and Nicole (How Nicole must have felt when this thing first became known)? Maybe I am old school but it is not a very morally correct thing to do (that’s just my opinion, nobody else has to feel that way). But I feel it doesn’t show her in a good light.But apart from that it’s a very unwise thing that could eventually hurt her in her professional life. I mean, when this thing broke out in June, all the media talked about her as being the one responsible for the divorce of Nicole and Stepanek. Was it prudent on her part to get the label of a home wrecker, that too for a guy like Stepanek, the career wrecker, who is not suitable for her in any aspects (age wise, looks wise, achievements, nature, anything)? I am sure somewhere it must have affected her game at Wimbledon. And so far they have avoided getting seen together in the Czech to avoid the media (this could be is plan as he is aware of his reputation back home). But now it’s out in the open, so it will be talked about. And whenever she’s going to perform badly, people will point fingers at this association because of his negative reputation. Won’t it adversely affect her morale even further?

I do feel this is a very unwise and wretched thing done by Petra. But shouldn’t this guy, for once, introspect that ‘I have destroyed enough careers for my lust and randiness. But I should spare this girl. She is a lovely girl with a great talent. I shouldn’t mess with her life and her career.' I wonder how many more Czech girls would have to go through the same circumstances.

Last edited by bharatkt : Aug 18th, 2013 at 04:59 AM. Reason: to add punctuation marks
bharatkt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 04:55 AM   #283
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well it's not easy, obviously , but I'm Ana's fan since 2006 and Petra's since 2010 It's nice to have GS champions as your faves, even though they are both brainless
Girl
The shit we fans go through with our girls.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #284
Fighteranovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deestruction View Post
Girl
The shit we fans go through with our girls.
I'm boy
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 09:30 AM   #285
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

Re: Lucky Petra secured 8 seed by skin of her teeth

Is this the lowest point of Petra's career so far?

In some ways I want Petra to lose against the lesser Radanska, she needs a real shock, a wake up call. Serena had it, when she lost in the first round of the French open, said she didn't leave the house for two days but look how she came back.

I want this to happen to Petra, she needs a really bad loss, one where she can't use one of her lame excuses. One where she can't do a little shopping and all her problems disappear.

Lisicki posted a message after her loss saying how she needs more matches, needs to cut out silly errors etc. What do we get from Petra after a loss, a picture of her shopping for clothes and no mention of anything she thinks she needs a to work on.

I've not followed her for long really, has she 'ever' admitted she needs to work on any part of her game? Or is she always living in cloud cuckoo land?