2013 US Open – Out of Top 10 - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 12th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #166
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sleepless Petra is visiting Applebee's in Mason with a mysterious man

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
Exactly, but it's not like she doesn't want to come back again; she does. You can see how devastated she has looked this year after several of those awful loses. Many times close to tears. But sometimes I've got the feeling that she, or her team makes her think so, believes it's only a question of time before that happens, while they are really doing nothing to change Petra's current situation, so you can see her making all kind of silly excuses time and time again (the Cirstea one was the icing on the cake) Is she lazy ? or is her team that inept, or a bit of both ? She seems unable to find the right intensity and mantain her focus for a whole tournament. One day she's quite good (Stosur) the next she is a nightmare.

Yes, Azarenka was far from fit in Carlsbad (maybe at 50%, at best) but even so she made it to the final after a long lay off, though her last match was a Petra-esque massive shitfest. But she is a good example. The last thing you see in her is self complacement or self pity. She clenches her teeth and keeps on fighting, even when nothing is working for her. She never gives up. I'd like to see that attitude in Petra, instead of her usual apparent impassive exterior when it's clear to see that she is falling apart. She should be more emotional on court, and show character and rage too if necessary. Nothing wrong in pumping yourself up as long as you keep those emotions under control. Petra looks just too passive and resigned on court.
Agree with all this. On one hand, Petra is obviously devastated and upset, when she doesn't advance or have bad losses. Meanwhile, she's not doing anything [substantial] to change it. This is how Children act.

And I've been saying this for a while, on your second point/paragraph: Petra doesn't always have to be in the best shape to beat mugs (as your Azarenka example). You're fitness, should come into question, when your playing against top players, who are. It also comes up, if you're playing a really tough match, after a long run. We make too many excuses for Petra. Most top players, "bullshit their way through" crappy draws, and [miraculously] find themselves in the finals or semi-finals often. Petra can't even do that. Which is why, I always say, her problems are beyond [simple] fitness.

It all starts in the head, and her commitment to be the best, while being unsatisfied with mediocrity, and earnestly working towards changing it. She's just not there yet. And her Motley Crue of a team, certainly won't take her there as well.

Can't disagree, with your 'Petra complacency' point as well.

Yes, the "lack of sleep" excuse, let's us know, they're a comedy of errors, over there in the Kvitova camp, indeed. SMH
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 12th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #167
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Agree with all this. On one hand, Petra is obviously devastated and upset, when she doesn't advance or have bad losses. Meanwhile, she's not doing anything [substantial] to change it. This is how Children act.

And I've been saying this for a while, on your second point/paragraph: Petra doesn't always have to be in the best shape to beat mugs (as your Azarenka example). You're fitness, should come into question, when your playing against top players, who are. It also comes up, if you're playing a really tough match, after a long run. We make too many excuses for Petra. Most top players, "bullshit their way through" crappy draws, and [miraculously] find themselves in the finals or semi-finals often. Petra can't even do that. Which is why, I always say, her problems are beyond [simple] fitness.

It all starts in the head, and her commitment to be the best, while being unsatisfied with mediocrity, and earnestly working towards changing it. She's just not there yet. And her Motley Crue of a team, certainly won't take her there as well.

Can't disagree, with your 'Petra complacency' point as well.

Yes, the "lack of sleep" excuse, let's us know, they're a comedy of errors, over there in the Kvitova camp, indeed. SMH
It's not that she is complacent during the match, one minute she can be totally focused, calm, dealing with break points well like at the beginning of Sorona match, 3-0 up and like a switch her focus goes and instead of constructing points she seems to hit and hope... she can do this for games on end, she has streaks of losing 5-6 games in a row, this is ridiculous. It's like her 'team' haven't told her what she needs to do in these situations, she hasn't got a clue apart from hitting her way out of it.

A lot of her problems are mental and tactics, fitness is improving and we can already see this is helping her but its not everything.

She (Simona) said in her last interview when she was asked by an romanian jurnalist ,what does she thinks about the foreign media who keeps ignoring her?

And she said : I thank them . ( and she start smiling )
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #168
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
It's not that she is complacent during the match, one minute she can be totally focused, calm, dealing with break points well like at the beginning of Sorona match, 3-0 up and like a switch her focus goes and instead of constructing points she seems to hit and hope... she can do this for games on end, she has streaks of losing 5-6 games in a row, this is ridiculous. It's like her 'team' haven't told her what she needs to do in these situations, she hasn't got a clue apart from hitting her way out of it.

A lot of her problems are mental and tactics, fitness is improving and we can already see this is helping her but its not everything.
Point well taken.

FYI: When me and Unclesilas, said "complacency", we're talking about what Petra does [or doesn't do] between matches and off the court. Which is virtually nothing.

Eh. As far as her fitness (): Petra was her most fit during 2011, with Ivanko as her guru. Apparently, him and Cersonek, couldn't come to an agreement, so he left, and they ended up saying he messed up Petra's serving motion, or something like that. I dunno. Sounds fishy.

As far as Petra's current fitness? We'll see? It's too early to tell. I've seen her move better. But that also goes hand in hand with tennis instincts, reps, good practices and confidence.

We'll see/I'm not sold?
Old Aug 12th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #169
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra reunited with Flipper is ready to flop in Cincy

Petra will play Marina Erakovic in her R2, h2h is 2-0 for Petra

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #170
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Petra will play Marina Erakovic in her R2, h2h is 2-0 for Petra
Erakovic has beaten P. Cetkovská on her way to the main draw.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #171
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Flipper/Petra won, next is Boobgles/Barbs

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #172
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

so she is playing doubles with a girl who defeated her in wimbli QF

i couldn't probably see alive flipkens if i was her

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #173
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

I hope she can make the semifinals cause Im going to Cincy this weekend
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #174
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
so she is playing doubles with a girl who defeated her in wimbli QF

i couldn't probably see alive flipkens if i was her
I just realized that myself.

I thought all along (you guys were writing), they may meet in singles at Cincy!! And [up until recent] considering Flipkens ranking, I don't think they knew, came across each other much?

I'll say no more. And just stop here.
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 03:01 AM   #175
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

honestly, i just don't think Petra cares that much...as soon as she faces some kind of hardship, she just folds. she just lacks the ambition, and thus, doesn't fully dedicate herself...i'm sure she's very happy in her personal life right now (running around w/ stephanek)...so it's like why put the time into tennis, when she can invest it into her love life...

she probably needs to drop out of the top 100 and start playing qualies for every tournament to realize what she had that she just threw away...hell, if it gets to that point...she might not even want to "try" at all and just pull a vaidisova...
TennisAddict84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #176
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of
Re: Petra is playing Kiwi rock star Marina in Cincy

I think the WTA should fine Petra for her lack of effort...
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #177
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
I think the WTA should fine Petra for her lack of effort...
They would have to fine half of the tour.
Quote:
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #178
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of

Once again Petra has a decent draw, she 'should' make a quarter final with Azarenka. However before then Petra will d Kvitova.

Really, there is no player before the quarter who should even close to beating her, so frustrating to know she can fold so easily.

I really think she has lost the belief now, she has even said in interviews the Kvitova of 2011 will never return, why not? Has she really given up and convinced herself she has peaked already and will never be that good again?

She (Simona) said in her last interview when she was asked by an romanian jurnalist ,what does she thinks about the foreign media who keeps ignoring her?

Old Aug 13th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #179
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
Once again Petra has a decent draw, she 'should' make a quarter final with Azarenka. However before then Petra will d Kvitova.

Really, there is no player before the quarter who should even close to beating her, so frustrating to know she can fold so easily.

I really think she has lost the belief now, she has even said in interviews the Kvitova of 2011 will never return, why not? Has she really given up and convinced herself she has peaked already and will never be that good again?
It's tough when everybody around her says that being 8th in the world is good enough.

But I'm hoping that she meant it that she never will be 21 years old and totally without fear again. But I disagree if she thinks that she can't play as good as in 2011. But if she does, she will never play like that again.
Quote:
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #180
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
It's tough when everybody around her says that being 8th in the world is good enough.

But I'm hoping that she meant it that she never will be 21 years old and totally without fear again. But I disagree if she thinks that she can't play as good as in 2011. But if she does, she will never play like that again.
She needs more arrogance if you ask me. Top players know how good they are and show it, look at Federer, Serena, Azarenka.. some players think they are better than they are, Sharapova for example but mentally it gives them an edge, a confidence, belief that they can and should win nearly all matches they play, anything less is unacceptable. They have an aura, it gives them belief and lessens their opponents.

Do I get this impression from Petra? Not really. One service break and all her confidence goes, she can be 6-1 up and she will still look like someone who is eventually going to lose.