State of Petra's Game after Tokyo? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 28th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #1
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute
State of Petra's Game after Tokyo?

So, do you think we can expect more mediocrity later? Or will she finally turn the corner and get back on track to dominate and challenge Serena and Pova?

The serve: how is it? Fixed or not? Is she starting points with a big advantage because of it, or is it just mediocre?

I saw some really nice forehands in Tokyo. Good volleys, too.

Petra is a bigger girl than when she won Wimbledon. I don't mean fatter. Her arms are more muscled, and though she's not carrying any higher % of fat, I think she has added muscle. She seemed to be moving pretty well.

It would be great to see her make the YEC the beginning of a streak of serious contention for big titles.
Advertisement

Old Sep 28th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #2
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: State of Petra's Game after Tokyo?

Your guess is as good as ours?

It really comes down to how bad Petra wants it, her health, and how she manages her team (or gets rid of them altogether)?

I wish her the best. But at this point, I don't see much that has changed, to make me overtly optimistic.

We'll see?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #3
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

She better improve her game because she wasn't impressive and will be eaten alive by healthy and ready to play NaNa or Ree at YEC, if she keep her serving\mind woes. Belinda\Madie wasn't challenge at all and Kuzzie can be bigger headcase then her, only thing that i was really impressed how controlled and much more focused she was during her matches(mid match siesta doesn't count), i haven't seen her this composed since IW, game has ways to go to reach Dubai\Doha form tho.

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #4
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

for most of the week, it appeared her serve is back...her footwork has also improved tremendously...the easy sitters at the net that she had trouble w/ in the past...she can now properly put them away for a winner

but i am concerned about that 2nd set in tne final though...she was quoted as saying her legs felt tired in the beginning of the 2nd set, but that it had nothing to do w/ her 2.5 hr semi match against venus the day before..

So then, what is it? When Petra loses a 6-0 set, I really don't think it's all due to a mental lapse...she was clearly suffering from something again...i'm just wondering if her stamina is still in question or whatever it is that she got blood work for after the USO, or if it's the asthma attacks again...if it's chronic...it's really gonna be hard for her to be a legit contender at slams, especially at AO and USO
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote