Russian GLBT community - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #16
country flag Williamsser
Lifetime Member

Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Russian GLBT community

Williamsser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #17
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRyan View Post
My love and support goes out to all the gay Russians out there! I hope Obama will say something regarding this! The US can't just stand by and watch this shit happen!!!
Well it stands by and watches a lot of other shit happen as well as creating a lot of shit itself, as do most other Western Countries to be fair - so I'm not sure why this would be any different.

While I am outraged and disgusted by these recent developments in Russia it really pales in comparison to the number of people and families who have been wiped out of existence in Syria over the past two years - for example - and most western people still seem content to sit around and talk over the merits of Syrian intervention and weapons arming academically. So, in summary: the world is messed up and not much of anything seems to be changing.

I don't see how the UN could help out in Russia any more than in Syria unless they are willing to be very extreme about this and ban Russia from the UN Security Council for human rights violations?
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 01:12 AM   #18
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattographer View Post

I'd still go to Sochi if I were a gay athlete
I'm not sure if I would. If I was high profile I would consider taking a stance. That being said when u have trained for all those years its easier said than done.

Last edited by Andy. : Jul 28th, 2013 at 01:17 AM.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 02:03 AM   #19
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsser View Post
Russians Use Social Media To Lure, Entrap, and Torture Gays

http://www.towleroad.com/2013/07/wat...ens-video.html
Whether or not this clip is actually true, but rather a weird fabrication.. as disgusting as it is, it is not about "entrapping gays". The guy there is talking that he is 15, not actually a gay and he is responding to a social network sex for money offer with an adult man. Child prostitution, if you call it the proper way. So, it is not at all about someone entrapping adult consenting gay adults and stigmatizing them for doing that.
TO me .. if true , the adult should go to jail, the youngster should be dealt with by juvenile justice rules.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #20
country flag aznunit2k5

aznunit2k5 has disabled reputation

Russia is more out of control than North Korea. Never thought I would call the North Koreans sane but it looks that way from the way Russia treats citizens.

I would seriously consider voting Republican in the next US elections if the candidate promised to send a few nukes into Moscow.
aznunit2k5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #21
country flag aznunit2k5

aznunit2k5 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
Whether or not this clip is actually true, but rather a weird fabrication.. as disgusting as it is, it is not about "entrapping gays". The guy there is talking that he is 15, not actually a gay and he is responding to a social network sex for money offer with an adult man. Child prostitution, if you call it the proper way. So, it is not at all about someone entrapping adult consenting gay adults and stigmatizing them for doing that.
TO me .. if true , the adult should go to jail, the youngster should be dealt with by juvenile justice rules.
You missed the point completely.

The group of vigilantes targeted the 15 year old boy under the pretense that he was gay and seeking gay sex.
They did not learn he was a straight child or 15 years old until after they attacked him.

Your logic is way off.
aznunit2k5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #22
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
Well it stands by and watches a lot of other shit happen as well as creating a lot of shit itself, as do most other Western Countries to be fair - so I'm not sure why this would be any different.

While I am outraged and disgusted by these recent developments in Russia it really pales in comparison to the number of people and families who have been wiped out of existence in Syria over the past two years - for example - and most western people still seem content to sit around and talk over the merits of Syrian intervention and weapons arming academically. So, in summary: the world is messed up and not much of anything seems to be changing.

I don't see how the UN could help out in Russia any more than in Syria unless they are willing to be very extreme about this and ban Russia from the UN Security Council for human rights violations?
Are you suggesting that the US/West go to war over every thing that happens in the world?

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you.
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #23
country flag Williamsser
Lifetime Member

Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute

Gay Russian Teen Dies from Injuries

http://www.queerty.com/gay-russian-t...azis-20130806/
Williamsser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #24
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

The Olympics may help a bit. Lets hope this ridiculous law gets repealed.

At the same time, let's not forget LGBT people in some African/Asian countries where anty-gay laws have much worse repercussions.
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #25
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the Seoul Olympics actually helped South Korea become more democratic.
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #26
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippityHop View Post
Are you suggesting that the US/West go to war over every thing that happens in the world?
Obviously not, quite the opposite. During its little stint as the world's dominant power (1945-2000) the US has already gone to war over plenty enough thank you very much.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #27
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know why this has started to happen and why these laws have been passed?
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #28
country flag LilMiss Britters

LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute

All hail Mr National Treasure himself, Stephen Fry.

http://www.stephenfry.com/2013/08/07...n-and-the-ioc/ (there are 2 pages)

Tying your faves in knots since 2005
LilMiss Britters is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #29
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Does Russia have gay celebrities? I'm just wondering cause I'm trying to work out what general public attitude are like, leaving aside the big political element for a second.
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #30
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMiss Britters View Post
All hail Mr National Treasure himself, Stephen Fry.

http://www.stephenfry.com/2013/08/07...n-and-the-ioc/ (there are 2 pages)
Written by extraordinarily stupid, pathetic, short-sighted selfish bastard, who is prepared to walk over the dead bodies for his personal cause.

My take - what should people who truly care about gay rights do is to come to Olympics en masses and represent what they believe in there. No demonstration, no open challenge, just be what you are - that is the best, most effective message.

Idea of boycott is no just idiotic, it's extremely selfish and goes straight against interests of those about whom the authors of the idea pretend to care. Yes, Russian people are more homophobic than we'd want them to be. Can it be changed overnight? No. And the solution is not spitting into their faces, but rather patient educational work, just the same way it happened here in West.

Russians are also very patriotic, and will consider the success of the Games as very important for them. Do something to hurt the Russian Olympics in the name of gays - practically, what you are going to get is an enormous backlash against gays in Russia. They are not liked now. Do it, and they will be hated. The result of hurting Putin's Olympics will flatter your vanity, but it will serve no purpose in your cause and will hurt exactly those people you care about,

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote