The "self-discovery" thread - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 26th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #151
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future
Re: The "self-discovery" thread

good luck kev!! win this!
Chilenaitor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 27th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #152
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
#ihatelearningscience #itsboring
I understand where you're coming from. In the beginning, there's nothing particularly sexy about having to learn a bunch of different laws and formulae. However, the moment that you start to really understand how all those various principles are applied in real-world situations, you might be surprised to find that things go from boring to very interesting in a hurry. I took physics in high school because my intention was to become an architect. I could understand why I had to take certain subjects in order to get my dream job one day, but it was still difficult for me to see just how learning something like 'F = ma' was ever going to help me much in everyday life beyond the work setting that it was intended for. That was until a bit later on when those same physics classes helped me to appreciate just how important of a role that biomechanics play in the world of sports. Physics was actually helping me to understand a hobby of mine on a much deeper level, and, all of a sudden, there was no way for me to deny that it was very cool indeed.

Quote:
Got 2 OJTs in mind

http://tournaments.tennis.com.au/spo...8-7AB36B0DD431
http://tournaments.tennis.com.au/spo...3-24C5A53D1F0F

I wanna see how I fare against these boys. I do seem to get nervous and intimidated by some of them though I have no idea why. I'll usually play good during training but shit in comps so lets see how I go.

I haven't played an OJT since 2 years
That's human nature, and it can happen to the best of us. When the mind decides to switch into 'Fight or Flight' mode, it can be very difficult to switch it back off. The good news is that the more often that you put yourself in 'scary' situations and survive, the easier it gets to keep your cool when the pressure is on in the future. If you're putting in the hard yards during training, you will definitely be ready for competition when the time comes. Just get out there, and do your thing. Practice makes perfect; if you give it time, you will figure it out.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 04:00 AM   #153
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone for all the support

@chingching yeh, i've played at Dingley once I think, got smashed so pretty quick off the court and yes whatever of course you would beat me.

@Jason A. i guess science isn't just my cup of tea I'm more the humanities person. I am doing physics for VCE though, last minute decision.

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 04:54 AM   #154
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

I've entered a tournament for the first time in aaaages - the ACT resident championships. I'm playing Open singles and A grade doubles with a friend of mine.

I'm not confident that I can mix it in the Open division but we'll see how I go. Things that affect my confidence - that I'm a lot older than most players (I could enter the 35+ competition!), that I'm not as fit as I was because I spend so much time on thesis writing these days, that I switched to a double-handed backhand only 4 months ago and that I broke my left (dominant) hand only 6-7 months ago which was a pretty significant setback.

But I suppose the fact that, despite all that, I'm still playing well should give me some confidence.

Anyways... blah blah blah. Wish me luck! I'll let you know how I go! (The tournament's on Dec 14-15).
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 05:21 AM   #155
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Good luck Territory
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 08:00 AM   #156
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Good luck Territory. Wishing you all the best mate. I think it is fantastic that you are playing this tournament...and you are YOUNG! take care.
scottsue is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 08:02 AM   #157
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

My friend Marie, one of the other year 4 teachers at my school, and I are playing the Primary school singles champ and the runner up in a doubles match at school.......watched by all the Primary kids. Hope we dont make fools of ourselves!
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 08:05 AM   #158
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
GL Territory

I have decided not to enter the gold Boroondara as its not confirmed if I am actually allowed to play because I didnt pay for membership this year and also it is a strong tournament and there arent many players as well meaning they could all be really good.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 11:22 AM   #159
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck guys. Have a go, and enjoy. Looking forward to the update!
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 08:21 PM   #160
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

good luck!!
Chilenaitor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #161
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of GM threads posing interesting questions:

- what was the first tennis match you ever saw (that got you interested in tennis)?
- what was the first live tennis match you ever saw?
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 02:25 AM   #162
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

The first match that got me interested was watching Lleyton Hewitt at Sydney. Can't remember who he was playing.

First match I saw was Anastasia Myskina at the AO and again I can't remember who she was playing.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2013, 04:01 AM   #163
country flag Territory

My tournament's over! (ACT Residents Championships) So tired...

Yesterday arvo was A grade doubles. It was on artificial grass and we won 3 out of 7. Not bad, not great.

Today was open singles on clay and I did much better, winning 3 out of 5. I'm rather pleased with that

Here's my scores: http://tournaments.tennis.com.au/spo...6187&player=96

I'm soooo stuffed.
Old Dec 15th, 2013, 05:01 AM   #164
country flag scottsue

well done Greg!
Old Dec 15th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #165
country flag Idemo

Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
GL Territory

I have decided not to enter the gold Boroondara as its not confirmed if I am actually allowed to play because I didnt pay for membership this year and also it is a strong tournament and there arent many players as well meaning they could all be really good.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
What do you mean there aren't many players?? There are 91 people in 16&U Boys!! I'm mildly terrified.
DOUBLES TITLES: 2014 Biarritz $100K (w/HenryMag.), 2014 Nottingham $50K (w/cornet224), 2014 Melbourne $15K (w/cornet224)
Idemo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote