BOMBSHELL: Hingis playing singles in the fall?! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #16
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BOMBSHELL: Hingis playing singles in the fall?!

Playing Tokyo and Beijing ?
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #17
country flag #1SteffiGraf#1

#1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future

When does Kimmie and Juju and Lena return?
------------------------------------------------------------
Hingis Fan est. 1996
Pova Fan est. 2009
#1SteffiGraf#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #18
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds very intriguing. People are wondering: Is the tour weak? Is there greater depth now?
I'd like to see if Hingis at 32 can get deep into draws. Can she hold serve?
Krumm turns 43 in September
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #19
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Needing a bit of cash for that pending divorce lawsuit, huh?

On a serious note, I'm very curious how she will match up with the current generation of players.
Will also be very interesting to see the results of her matches with the top 3.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #20
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
No offense to Hingis but I don't know if she's going to be able to handle coming back. I feel like she's gonna get blown off court by these girls. She's not athletically gifted like Serena, and she hasn't had matchplay in 5-6 years, unlike the other 30+ year olds on tour. And I highly doubt she's going to be okay with not being in the top 20... someone with her ego expects the best, which helped her when she was 18, but now? Hopefully she can prove me wrong, it'd really be pitiful if she came back to singles and turned out a total bust.
I agree she almost certainly won't be contending for Slams, but maybe she's genuinely ok with that? I sometimes feel like when people on this board talk about players retiring at an early age like it's some easy option, they don't really realise that retirement for most of those people means being bored for the rest of their life and deprived of their way of living. Maybe Hingis has realised she genuinely loves playing and has made her peace with the likelihood that her ego/reputation will take some blows by her probably not returning to the elite, and is genuinely just wanting to get a few more years out of doing the thing she loves.

I think she could do OK anyway. If Date Krumm can almost make it to the top 50, I'm sure Hingis with her much higher level of talent is capable of making it to the top 20.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:48 AM   #21
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I agree she almost certainly won't be contending for Slams, but maybe she's genuinely ok with that? I sometimes feel like when people on this board talk about players retiring at an early age like it's some easy option, they don't really realise that retirement for most of those people means being bored for the rest of their life. Maybe Hingis has made her peace with the likelihood that her ego/reputation will take some blows by her probably not returning to the elite, and is genuinely just wanting to get a few more years out of doing the thing she loves.

I think she could do OK anyway. If Date Krumm can almost make it to the top 50, I'm sure Hingis with her much higher level of talent can make it back to the top 20.
It's a nice post but the problem is that if Martina will even get back to the level she produced in 2006 when came back she is easily TOP10 again. She was losing mostly against Clijsters, Henin, 2 Times against Sharapova (she blew her off court in Tokyo as well, h2h: 2:1) and the tour was stronger than now where Serena is dominating. In 2006 form Hingis is going to beat: Bartoli, Stosur, make it close and maybe even winning against Li and Aga. I think she beats most of TOP20, but to beat Williams and Azarenka she needs something extra. The quetion if she still got it in her and her fitness will allow her to run the whole match in this kind of matches.

AGA - FUTURE SLAM CHAMP AND WORLD NUMBER ONE

SERENA WILLIAMS - GOAT
kusiak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #22
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

FFS, Vinci is #11. Legend can definitely be top 10 if she bothers.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #23
country flag AndreConrad

AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I agree she almost certainly won't be contending for Slams, but maybe she's genuinely ok with that? I sometimes feel like when people on this board talk about players retiring at an early age like it's some easy option, they don't really realise that retirement for most of those people means being bored for the rest of their life and deprived of their way of living. Maybe Hingis has realised she genuinely loves playing and has made her peace with the likelihood that her ego/reputation will take some blows by her probably not returning to the elite, and is genuinely just wanting to get a few more years out of doing the thing she loves.

I think she could do OK anyway. If Date Krumm can almost make it to the top 50, I'm sure Hingis with her much higher level of talent is capable of making it to the top 20.
I rarely agree with you, but I do agree almost with the entire post in this case. Furthermore almost only applies to the way this post was written leaning towards prediction that she will not return to the elite. I would not be willing to make that determination at this point. I am very excited about the possibility to watch Martina compete again. She was the one that turned me into following WTA while before I watched only ATP.
Bally, Rest In Peace!
AndreConrad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:56 AM   #24
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute

Dust her, Sarin.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 01:01 AM   #25
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Sounds very intriguing. People are wondering: Is the tour weak? Is there greater depth now?
I'd like to see if Hingis at 32 can get deep into draws. Can she hold serve?
Krumm turns 43 in September
Or is Hingis doing this to simply keep busy and avoid facing her personal trouble of the moment?

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 01:04 AM   #26
country flag Povin
postcyber

Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future

Imagine 2014 Florianopolis 1R: Venus Williams vs. Martina Hingis
Povin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 01:09 AM   #27
country flag leftbrian

leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Povin View Post
Imagine 2014 Florianopolis 1R: Venus Williams vs. Martina Hingis
VERY possible

She probably will have more realistic expectations this time around than in 2006. She can score a few upsets here and there and sneak into the top 20 if she plays a full schedule and is healthy! This Fall won't be vulture time for you know who
leftbrian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 01:10 AM   #28
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Please. I'm going to have to drag everything that breathes on this forum.

Come on, Legend.
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 01:11 AM   #29
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

If she is really commited I would be so excited.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 01:14 AM   #30
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

She was in great shape in 2006 and it was a very good comeback.

Not sure if she can repeat that again. But she has all the tools to beat the Erranis, Woz, Kerber, even Radwanskas of the world

A big hitter playing well, her chances are slim.

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote