putin is bat#### crazy-could affect olympics - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 25th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #16
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: putin is bat#### crazy-could affect olympics

Max will take care of all needed.. Whatever may endanger her he won't let her do it.. and if that means not going to OG then she won't.. but on the other hand there's Samsung.. and all this what is done and said won't last until the Olympics and won't affect them; I am sure there are stronger organizations that bring big $$$$$ to the tables and no harm will be done to anyone. Sochi is a big deal for her, but I am not so sure if going to the games is just by her wanting sooooo much to do it.. I have a feeling Samsung plays a role in it aswell...

Quote:
says homophobic things
? Lefty, what homophobic things has Sveta said?? I might have not read, but I'd really like to know... And you said it right - Maria will give a politically correct answer... The only letdown she had was the Serena quarrell.. and I bet she will be more careful in the future.. In fact, none of us can know if Maria herself, as a person is homophobic or not; one might say that since she is having Adir as her bestie, she isn't.. but... who knows... I can easily imagine Yuri being a bit homophobic and also Joyce...

Besides, athletes should not be dragged into this...

Last edited by MM_1257 : Jul 26th, 2013 at 12:07 AM.
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #17
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
Max will take care of all needed.. Whatever may endanger her he won't let her do it.. and if that means not going to OG then she won't.. but on the other hand there's Samsung.. and all this what is done and said won't last until the Olympics and won't affect them; I am sure there are stronger organizations that bring big $$$$$ to the tables and no harm will be done to anyone. Sochi is a big deal for her, but I am not so sure if going to the games is just by her wanting sooooo much to do it.. I have a feeling Samsung plays a role in it aswell...

? Lefty, what homophobic things has Sveta said?? I might have not read, but I'd really like to know... And you said it right - Maria will give a politically correct answer... The only letdown she had was the Serena quarrell.. and I bet she will be more careful in the future.. In fact, none of us can know if Maria herself, as a person is homophobic or not; one might say that since she is having Adir as her bestie, she isn't.. but... who knows... I can easily imagine Yuri being a bit homophobic and also Joyce...

Besides, athletes should not be dragged into this...
Sveta was asked a question about whether she agreed that kids adopted by gay couples could end up having psychological problems, and she said maybe. In fairness, I don't think it's really fair to conclude she's homophobic just from that, she was asked a loaded question and it did seem to me like she was basically just trying to say "no comment" without igniting a firestorm in Russia (although I might just be giving her the benefit of the doubt).

I really doubt Maria is homophobic... this might just be my stan goggles misleading me, but she has always struck me as a genuinely intelligent and enlightened person.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #18
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

The awareness on this issue is growing, and it will get more and more attention going forward, with criticism around the new laws getting stronger. Here is just an example

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/step...b_3718389.html

Maria has been an ambassador of Sochi's candidature for the Winter Olympics and I believe it will be basically impossible for her to just ignore what is going on about this. Not an easy one to handle.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote