Simona's 2014 Tournament Schedule - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 8th, 2014, 05:31 PM   #1
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Post Simona's 2014 Tournament Schedule

I saw some people don't know where to look for information like this so I created this thread.

JANUARY :

• Sydney (H)

• Australian Open (H)

• Paris (H)

FEBRUARY :

• Fed Cup (IH) - > (no WTA points are awarded)

• Doha (H)

• Dubai (H)

MARCH :

• Indian Wells (H)

• Miami (H) - > Withdrew

APRIL :

• Fed Cup (CL) - > (no WTA points are awarded) - > Confirmed

• Stuttgart (ICL) - > Confirmed

MAY :

• Madrid (CL) - > Confirmed

• Rome (CL) - > Confirmed

• Roland Garros (CL) - > Confirmed

JUNE :

• 's-Hertogenbosch (G) - > Confirmed

• Wimbledon (G) - > Confirmed

JULY :

• Bucharest (CL) - > Confirmed

AUGUST :

• Cincinnati (H) - > Confirmed

• New Haven (H) - > Confirmed

• US Open (H) - > Confirmed

SEPTEMBER : (not confirmed)

• Wuhan (H)

• Beijing (H)

OCTOBER : (not confirmed)

• ? Moscow ? (IH)

• ? Singapore ? (IH) - > (WTA Championships) -> ** if she qualifies **

- Tournament categories and exact dates , can be found : HERE !

- Tournament WTA points for 2014 can be found : HERE !

- Simona's Rankings breakdown , can be found : HERE !

- WTA Live Rankings , can be found : HERE !

* the schedule is not final and may be subject to change

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #136 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #131 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch; Suicide: #48 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79

Last edited by Nightcrawl3r : Jul 17th, 2014 at 03:33 PM.
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 8th, 2014, 05:32 PM   #2

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Post Re: Simona's 2014 Tournament Schedule

Doubles / Mixed Doubles / Exhibition matches :

JANUARY : (Doubles)

• Sydney (H) - w/ Olaru - > [WC]

• Australian Open (H) - w/ Cadantu

FEBRUARY : (Doubles)

• Fed Cup (IH) - w/ Cirstea -> (against Latvia)

MAY : (Exhibition matches)

• Roland Garros (CL) - w/ S. Houdet (1) - > Video
/
\----------------------> vs. M. Minella (2)

JULY : (Exhibition match)

• Busteni (H) - w/ Ste. Halep, I. Nastase, M. Pavel , H. Malaele , I. Popescu & E. Savin - > Video

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #136 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #131 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch; Suicide: #48 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79

Last edited by Nightcrawl3r : Jul 27th, 2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 09:29 PM   #3
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Simona's 2014 Tournament Schedule

Very useful topic , Thanks Nightcrawl3r

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 11:19 PM   #4
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this Nightcrawler.

I know she's entered for 's-Hertogenbosch but what do people think of the possibility she might play Eastbourne instead that week? It's a Premier tournament.

OTH, it might be quite nice for her to try to defend one of her titles, since I don't think she will try to defend the others. I see your question marks next to New Haven & Moscow ... New Haven is the week before the US Open and, if she's played Stanford, Montreal & Cincy already, I can't see her playing NH. It would only be an option if she's injured during the US hardcourt swing. Again, Moscow is the week before Singapore (she will qualify!), so I think she would have 2 weeks rest after Wuhan & Beijing. BTW, has Tokyo (the week before Wuhan) been downgraded to an International level tourney?

BRAZIL 2014
Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes
Goes "Aaaah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 11:29 PM   #5
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Tokyo is an premier 12 event.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.

Last edited by DanLovesWTA : Apr 9th, 2014 at 12:07 AM.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 11:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post

I know she's entered for 's-Hertogenbosch but what do people think of the possibility she might play Eastbourne instead that week? It's a Premier tournament.

OTH, it might be quite nice for her to try to defend one of her titles, since I don't think she will try to defend the others. I see your question marks next to New Haven & Moscow ... New Haven is the week before the US Open and, if she's played Stanford, Montreal & Cincy already, I can't see her playing NH. It would only be an option if she's injured during the US hardcourt swing. Again, Moscow is the week before Singapore (she will qualify!), so I think she would have 2 weeks rest after Wuhan & Beijing. BTW, has Tokyo (the week before Wuhan) been downgraded to an International level tourney?
It's weird that she doesn't defend Nurnberg, her 1st title, but wants to defend 's-Hertogenbosch . If the organizers announced her , I don't think she will change .

She'll probably play one of the two : Stanford or NH. Hope she qualifies for Singapore and won't play Moscow. Tokyo is a Premier tournament now. It was Premier 5 last year. She'll not play there 99%.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Old Apr 9th, 2014, 12:35 AM   #7
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
It's weird that she doesn't defend Nurnberg, her 1st title, but wants to defend 's-Hertogenbosch ...
Nurnberg has now been moved 3 weeks earlier to the week inbetween Rome & Roland Garros so that probably explains it. Part of the WTA effort to have distinct clay & grass seasons I think.

BRAZIL 2014
Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes
Goes "Aaaah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 07:05 AM   #8
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

This looks like the best schedule she could make and I`m happy if she really chose 's-Hertogenbosch instead of Eastbourne but somehow sad about Yale. From all 2013 tournaments she won, I like New Heaven best. I can`t explain why, it just looks like a special place.

As for Bucharest, is weird no info is up yet. If anyone have any news, please post them

Please god, make Simona have to skip Moscow, and not for health or personal issues
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 07:14 AM   #9
country flag george2210

george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all

I don't think she will play Stanford.
Definitely she will not play Moscow.
I think she will play New Haven and maybe she will skip Montreal.
There are real chances to play Nurnberg and some small chances to play Tokyo and Linz.
george2210 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 12:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by george2210 View Post
I don't think she will play Stanford.
Definitely she will not play Moscow.
I think she will play New Haven and maybe she will skip Montreal.
There are real chances to play Nurnberg and some small chances to play Tokyo and Linz.
Stanford or New haven , as I and cheddar said also. Not so many chances for Stanford but there are some, depending on how the things go.

She will play Moscow only if she'll not stay in Top 8.

Shouldn't skip Montreal, as it's a Premier 5. 99% will not play Tokyo and Linz if there are no injuries. Tokyo is not a P5 any more, if you haven't seen.

And the Nurnberg MD list is out -> she will Not be there

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Old Apr 10th, 2014, 03:44 AM   #11
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post

OTH, it might be quite nice for her to try to defend one of her titles, since I don't think she will try to defend the others.
I see your question marks next to New Haven & Moscow ... New Haven is the week before the US Open and, if she's played Stanford, Montreal & Cincy already, I can't see her playing NH. It would only be an option if she's injured during the US hardcourt swing. Again, Moscow is the week before Singapore (she will qualify!), so I think she would have 2 weeks rest after Wuhan & Beijing. BTW, has Tokyo (the week before Wuhan) been downgraded to an International level tourney?
TBH, Simona already made up all those points from her 3 International titles when she won Doha. Combined, her International titles equaled 840 points. She got 900 alone for winning Doha. If she can win the bigger titles, the points she gains at those will cancel out the International titles she fails to defend. And I don't think it would be a bad idea for her to play Eastbourne instead of 'S-Hertogenbosch. It's a Premier, which is worth more points, and she'll have a stronger field to test her on the grass.

And Tokyo has been downgraded to a Premier 470 tournament, which will coincide with the Korean Open and the Guangzhou International Women's Open, as a warmup for the P5 in Wuhan and the PM in Beijing.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 12:33 AM   #12

Roland Garros and Bucharest , officially Confirmed . See Post #1 !

Old Apr 18th, 2014, 05:53 AM   #13
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Like she wasn't going to play Roland Garros

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 02:33 PM   #14

's-Hertongenbosch MD List is Out, with Simona being #1 seed and Cibulkova #2. See Post #1 !

Old May 16th, 2014, 02:26 PM   #15

Post Re: Simona's 2014 Tournament Schedule

• Wimbledon (G) - > Confirmed

• New Haven (H) - > Confirmed

I've also updated Post #2 with Doubles / Mixed Doubles / Exhibition matches from this year. She will Not play Doubles at Roland Garros : See Here

*fact : It's the 1st time in 3 years + 1/2 when she will not play Doubles at a Grand Slam.