US Open Wildcards Speculation/News (Update 8/11) - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 15th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #76
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all
Re: US Open Wildcards Speculation/News (Update 8/11)

It is pretty awkward that the USTA has invested so much in the formation of the USTA collegiate team, yet finds none of other the 6 players on the team (aside from MDWC Gibbs) worthy of so much as a qualifying WC. Granted Weatherholt is injured and Hardebeck has been in dire form, but I was definitely expecting Embree (won 10k Fort Worth) and/or Anderson (25k Landisville SF) to be selected.

Perhaps the players they selected instead really do have more potential, but if that's the case, why invest in the collegiate team to begin with? I'll be curious to see how this plays out over the next few years...
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 15th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #77
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Crawford must still be recovering from injury, because she obviously would have received one over Abazza and Austin if she were healthy. Overall, a solid list, especially happy to see Brianna Morgan get the recognition that she deserves. I'd have given a QWC to Lauren Embree, though, over Abazza or Austin, honestly.
I'm certain if Crawford was able to play she'd have gotten the QWC. She's the defending junior champion afterall

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #78
country flag alextim

alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold

Parmentier refuses her wild card and gives it to Razzano !! News of Pauline on her Twitter count! Bravo !

Strong is ... Marion
alextim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #79
country flag alextim

alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold

Pauline will play qualifications if her shoulder goes right

Strong is ... Marion
alextim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #80
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

right move from Pauline
Razzano deserves it more

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #81
country flag HOS

HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of

Wow, that is lovely if Pauly.
Connie Hsu maybe a bit ulucky to get a QD WC.
Hovering around 250, 21......anyone know much bout her and why she wouldn't be given a chnace.

USTA don't seem to like Gracey Min either. Overlooked for a MDWC again
HOS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #82
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

^ Why should Grace Min get a WC? The players above her who got one are more worthy. Sure, Sanchez is in shit form but her ranking is based on solid results all round from the past 12 months. She deserves it over Min, as do the others.

Hsu is nothing but a journey woman really, but could have been a slim chance for a QWC at least.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 02:58 AM   #83
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know where we can find the doubles WC's?

Bally
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 05:16 AM   #84
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
Anyone know where we can find the doubles WC's?
You forget quickly my friend ....http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=107

but here it is http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/2...Cards_8.24.pdf

Last edited by guichard : Aug 25th, 2013 at 05:29 AM.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 05:40 AM   #85
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
It is pretty awkward that the USTA has invested so much in the formation of the USTA collegiate team, yet finds none of other the 6 players on the team (aside from MDWC Gibbs) worthy of so much as a qualifying WC. Granted Weatherholt is injured and Hardebeck has been in dire form, but I was definitely expecting Embree (won 10k Fort Worth) and/or Anderson (25k Landisville SF) to be selected.

Perhaps the players they selected instead really do have more potential, but if that's the case, why invest in the collegiate team to begin with? I'll be curious to see how this plays out over the next few years...
The next few years? Happened quite quickly Your fear was absolutely justified

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote