Dear Gopher - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:02 PM   #1
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Dear Gopher

In the thread Venus Clobbers Clijsters 6-2 6-4, Gopher wrote the following:
Quote:
Millions of people demonstrated against the American bully today. People like you and the attitude of the Sisters unfortunately confirm this wrong image of the US.
Those are pretty strong words. As someone who spent part of yesterday freezing during the New York protests, and a bigtime fan of Venus Williams, I'm going to flat out challenge you to back up your words. To my eyes, people were out their protesting to stop the mass murder of innocents. But let's say you're right.

You wrote, "...the attitude of the Sisters unfortunately confirm this wrong image of the US."

Not the ABILITY. Not the WINNING. The ATTITUDE. So, what about that attittude? What have they said or done, attitude-wise that is in ANY way bullying behaviour? And no, 'it's just my opinion' doesn't cut it. You just equated a player's attitude with something that millions of people worldwide are protesting against. That isn't just slander. It calls into question your credibility on ANYTHING.

So start explaining.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:18 PM   #2
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
they(s and v of course) are bullies for sure. they don't give others much space to win titles
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:19 PM   #3
Informative

Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point
Because, duh, she answered him in this thread...
Informative is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:25 PM   #4
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
TVB - There's a reason behind that. When I first got on this board, I discovered that people would say really nasty, outrageous things, and when you called them on it, they'd change or delete the post, and then claim they never said it. This technique is my answer to that. Even if gopher deletes the post now, I've captured it for all to see. It's impossible to deny writing it this way. I don't use the technique often because usually people around here stay within the bounds of ... well, if not reason, then 'fan-dom'.

Venus Williams has never been other than gracious in victory, and to see that equated with the threatened death of several hundred thousand innocent people was a bit much. Certainly worth asking for a justification in a forum I have a little more control over.
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:30 PM   #5
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute
They are bullies because they win?
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:33 PM   #6
Weevee

Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice
Volcana,
it is good to know that you walk the walk in NY.
Posters like gopher with gratuitous insulting comments about Venus and Serena earn more of my contempt than of my attention.
Weevee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:34 PM   #7
country flag irma

Quote:
Originally posted by Experimentee
They are bullies because they win?
yes
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:40 PM   #8
nander
Registered 1

nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all
I too am a Venus and Serena fan and yesterday demonstrated against the threath of war in Iraq. Let me join in saying that that was a really STUPID remark and clearly not coming from someone with even minimal intelligence.
Please treat matters of worldwide and serious implications with respect.
Tennis players hit balls across a net, yes they make a lot (?too much) money maybe. War threatens lives and livelihoods far beyond the borders of Iraq.
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:54 PM   #9
country flag Car Key Boi

Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all
Re: Dear Gopher

Quote:
Originally posted by Volcana
In the thread Venus Clobbers Clijsters 6-2 6-4, Gopher wrote the following
In This Thread why the peacetards post that they've been on an anti-war march Car Key Boi wrote the following

Quote:
and this also applies to all the other tards who start numerous threads pissing & moaning at the USA and our actions in the Middle East

yuor average Iraqi is a devoted follower of Saddam (the main opposition in Iraq are the Kurds in the North and those Iraqis who live in the south) and as such yuor average Iraqi would be more than delighted to see all us Americantards and Eurotards burn in hell. If a nuke was to go off in either NYC, LA, London, Paris, Bonn or even Sydney Australia, those Iraqi tards will be dancing in the streets. Make no mistake, when they see yuo peacetards standing in the freezing cold holding up yuor anti-war placards, they think "what a bunch of losers", and don't kid yuorselves that this isn't the troof of the matter

that sure must be a brick, that yuo're standing in the freezing cold on their behalf, and yet they would rejoice at seeing yuo all die and burn in hell

anyways, the reason why you tards feel overwhelmed to come on this board and share yuor 'experience' of yuor march, is to make a statement along the lines of "hey! look at me, i'm such a worthy human being that i sacrificed my time and endured arduous conditions to protest against the evil Americans"

in other words, yuo're an

troof!

- Car Key Boi
Car Key Boi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:01 PM   #10
nander
Registered 1

nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all
CKB
I can't believe that being a tennisfan is like being in politics - strange bedfellows indeed. I wonder if you can understand that?
Maybe you should stick to tennis if that is how you interpret current world affairs and the Iraqis.
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:02 PM   #11
Freewoman33

Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all
How much you want to bet that Gopher isn't going to show himself in this thread? He'll probably just view it. I don't think he has an explanation for those comments.
Freewoman33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:06 PM   #12
gopher

gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice
I do have. Tee Rexx continuously behaves like a bully on this board. It is a free world, I was pissed off so I am allowed to make comparisons. For those interested in defintions of bullies there are more than enough websites around.
Car Key Boi, come and pick up my Aston martin...
gopher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:09 PM   #13
country flag irma

tee is venus or serena?
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:13 PM   #14
country flag CC

CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute
But I would atleast try to make the comparisons relevant to each other ...
CC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:13 PM   #15
Freewoman33

Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by bajangurl
why ask why Volcana- another one of those 'illogical' posts that i was referring to..dumb at most to make such a statement....i'm sure you've about seen it all on this board by now- i am pretty sure this person is going to come along and 'defend' his statement to no end and will have about 20 others defending it as well..i won't be surprised!!

You were right, Bajangurl.
Freewoman33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote