Venus : "Serena wants to defy me here" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2003, 01:52 PM   #1
country flag Josh
Team WTAworld
Administrator
aka Nibbler

Josh has disabled reputation
Venus : "Serena wants to defy me here"

"So Serena, if you're watching, come along!"

Hehe, fighting words from Venus.

Well what can I say other than perfect match, Venus. The diamond racquet is almost yours and she will be back next year to win it, even if she has to get past Serena.

Also glad to see that Venus got a big applause from the crowd after her win and during her interview. Cause during the match they were heavily cheering for Kim, even a few boos when Venus caught her toss a couple of times.

Go Venus, buy that safe to put your racquet in!
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:00 PM   #2
country flag Josh
Team WTAworld
Administrator
aka Nibbler

They asked Venus if Serena would play here next year and she replied that lil sis wants to defy her here for the racquet.
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:01 PM   #3
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute
"Serena, if you want to challenge me, come over here"

The crowd was nice in the beginning, when it was getting tense there were a few morons trying to break Venus's concentration. Overall, I think the crowd was nice though.
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:03 PM   #4
Hulet

Hulet has disabled reputation
Don't tempt fate Venus. May be that quote indicates that the sisters are getting comfortable playing against each other.

Anyways, congrats venus.
Hulet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:04 PM   #5
Chance
Keeper of Secrets

Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future
cute

here- meaning Belgium.

Venus knows how to charm a crowd.

Can someone tell what she gets this year-because Vee has to win next year to take the racquet home but this year what is Venus taking home a cup, glassware, crystal?????????

Veelieve
Chance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:06 PM   #6
Hulet

Hulet has disabled reputation
I read they gave her a plate and a flower.
Hulet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:06 PM   #7
country flag Josh
Team WTAworld
Administrator
aka Nibbler

She won a silver plate.
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:07 PM   #8
Chance
Keeper of Secrets

Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future
cool

Veelieve
Chance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:15 PM   #9
country flag HAIL-VENUS

HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of
Wow...Congratulations Venus....I just believe that she's so determined to win that raquet, and nobody...even lil' sis can stop her.

ONE MORE TO GO VEE...JUST ONE MORE TO GO
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:20 PM   #10
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute
She can come next year and get the racquet, then let Serena take the next three years. Or she can be greedy and try for a second racquet if she wins the first of course
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:20 PM   #11
country flag veronica
Team WTAworld

veronica is a name known to all veronica is a name known to all veronica is a name known to all veronica is a name known to all veronica is a name known to all veronica is a name known to all veronica is a name known to all veronica is a name known to all veronica is a name known to all veronica is a name known to all veronica is a name known to all
[quote]Originally posted by HAIL-VENUS
[b]Wow...Congratulations Venus....I just believe that she's so determined to win that raquet, and nobody...even lil' sis can stop her.

YES! There will blood on the court over this one. Grand slam titles are one thing but DIAMONDS are a whole nother story. LOL! I would have to cheer for Venus on this one. Go Vee!

I miss Sandrine, Monica, Iva & Joanette

I miss Pinky and the Brain. I want Anna K back so she and Hingis can get in more cat fights like the old days.
veronica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:24 PM   #12
Informative

Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, go get that diamond encrusted racquet Venus. You deserve it!! And babysis better not challenge you next year, LOL. I KNOW Venus will fight for her diamonds...
Informative is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:46 PM   #13
Weevee

Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice
Keep your eyes focused on that pesky sister, Venus. Save your biggest smile for when you take her down. (I love Serena too)
Weevee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:51 PM   #14
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute
Serena ain't playing the Diamond Games because she has no incentive to play it next year. I don't think she will play it in an attempt to deter Venus from getting that diamond encrusted racquet next year. Those diamonds are Vee's, Rena has her diamonds. LOL
harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:17 PM   #15
country flag Bright Red

Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of
[quote]Originally posted by veronica
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by HAIL-VENUS
...I just believe that she's so determined to win that raquet, and nobody...even lil' sis can stop her...

YES! There will blood on the court over this one. Grand slam titles are one thing but DIAMONDS are a whole nother story. LOL! I would have to cheer for Venus on this one. Go Vee!
LOL, but so true!

~Venus and now Serena are the worst thing to ever happen to the crow~

Official POPLOCKER of the Royal Court
Bright Red is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote