Mission #1 - In search of a name - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 21st, 2013, 04:05 PM   #1
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Mission #1 - In search of a name

I don't that there is an obvious pun or insider on which we can base the name of this place. After all, it should be a subforum for all Simona fans to have a good time together, so we shall look for a name all of us can identify with.

So, before including a poll, this thread should be dedicated to brainstorm and maybe find a couple of good suggestions to choose from. Then we can still vote for our favourite one in a poll afterwards.

Let the fun begin and creativity flow!

Last edited by Curcubeu : Jul 21st, 2013 at 04:11 PM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 21st, 2013, 04:25 PM   #2
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mission #1 - In search of a name

My option is Team Halep as it was a name used on twitter and facebook when talking about Simona's fans. I feel it refers to her fans as being united in one team and i like this concept.
“If you’re a human being walking the earth, you’re weird, you’re strange, you’re psychologically challenged" - Phillip Seymour Hoffman
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 04:29 PM   #3
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Romanian little giant - Simona Halep
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 04:56 PM   #4
country flag Iaco

Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all

Trophy fishing - Simona Halep
Iaco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 06:51 PM   #5
country flag drg

drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of

Little shy slayer
drg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 07:16 PM   #6
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Simugna Help
Si Si Simona
This should be Monica/Irina/Alex D/Alex C's forum instead
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 07:27 PM   #7
country flag traddles

traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of

Well, saw it on Cip&Ciargi's page (the link in Welcome thread): Smaller is better
traddles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 07:48 PM   #8
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
Little shy slayer
that sounds good
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 08:08 PM   #9
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
This should be Monica/Irina/Alex D/Alex C's forum instead
Why? Halep's thread had more views than all of them combined

As for the name - Smashing Simona? Striking Simona? Simona the Slayer?
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 09:16 AM   #10
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Si Si Simona
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 11:52 AM   #11
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Some of the ideas are good. I like 2-3 of the names already posted.
I like also how it is now Simona Halep. Nice and simple and a player's name should be enough to reflect her achievements. Just checked other sub forums and are other players with just their names too.

Curcubeu if there is enough place when you'll do the poll add this option too. Also to be a multiple choice poll.
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu A.Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 12:57 PM   #12
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

The Little Engine That Could?
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 01:05 PM   #13
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Simply Simona
Super Simona Halep
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 05:29 PM   #14
country flag Raddu

Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice

The Amazing Simona , The little Champion , Super Simo , Aggressi(ve)mona would be my proposals , but i agree also with Team Halep or simply Simona Halep.
Raddu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 08:43 PM   #15
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

I almost like all the above and I know it's kind of a cliche but I also like The one and only Simona Halep
scrumm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote