Whats the scoop on the least talked about Russian, Jidkova? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2003, 07:36 AM   #1
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute
Whats the scoop on the least talked about Russian, Jidkova?

I just noticed the rankings and noticed that Alina Jidkova is sitting at 83 or so in the world, making her about Russia's 9th best player in the world.

I know she has done well in challenger results and just alright in lower tier events. Yet she must be doing well to be a consistent top 100 player.

I hear about her the least when it comes to the ever emerging Russian players. ANd come to think of it, I don't know much about her.

How talented is she folks? And does she have what it takes to rise higher in the ranks?
Jakeev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2003, 07:38 AM   #2
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute
IMO she's pretty much where she belongs. She is a solid baseliner but has no forward game to speak of, and no real weapons. She is much older than any of the Russian up-and-comers.

She is absolutely gorgeous though
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 12:52 PM   #3
Iconoclast

Iconoclast has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by Hurley
She is absolutely gorgeous though
You got that right.

Plus she's into cross-stitching, wild flowers, and teddy bears - the lethal combination!

Some (very) nice pictures by Manuela Davies:

http://www.tennis.info/PSAlina.asp

Oh, her tennis? You are right: I think part of the reason we don't hear so much about her is her age. She turned 26 this year and could probably be considered to have reached her maximum level. She went from 291 at the end of 1998 to 126 a year later. Since then, she has hovered in the 80-110 range. Quite good for someone who took five years just to make the Top 500, but as a Russian she doesn't stand out. Especially with all the teen sensations consistently being churned out.
Iconoclast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 01:00 PM   #4
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute
Shes has some decent results in challengers but she seems to be just an average top 100 player, who might get some decent results in wta tournaments sometimes but not enter the top 50. Shes not as good as the other younger russians.
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:53 PM   #5
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute
Well as so many older players have proven, a tennis player dedicated to the sport can keep rising in the rankings with hard work and dedication.

Not sure how dedicated Alina is to the game, but if she is a steady baseline player and a good on court presense in attitude, she could still very well climb further up the rankings at some point.

Thanks for the info guys
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:32 PM   #6
Leena

Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point
I've always known Alina was a looker, but WOW she looks incredible in those pics.

I've seen her a couple times, and she does have some stick on her serve and forehand... but not enough to be in the Top 20 or so. Her results also show she's kind of inconsistent at times.
Leena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 06:43 PM   #7
vogus

vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute
Jidkova is a junk-baller, no power at all in her game like the other Russians. It would be a miracle if she ever got in the Top 50.
vogus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 07:53 PM   #8
country flag Jakeev

But aren't Anna Smashnova and Tatiana Panova considered to be similar players? Look where they are. No reason why Alina cannot achieve similar results vogus.