Kim Clijsters Is Engaged To Lleyton Hewitt - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:17 AM   #1
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Kim Clijsters Is Engaged To Lleyton Hewitt

Williams to face Clijsters in Diamond Games final

By CONSTANT BRAND
.c The Associated Press

ANTWERP, Belgium (AP) - Venus Williams coasted to a 6-1, 6-4 victory over Daniela Hantuchova on Saturday to reach the Diamond Games final against Kim Clijsters.

Williams will be going for her second straight title in Antwerp.

``I feel really good with my service games,'' Williams said. ``I'm focused and strong, so I guess I am ready for the final.''

Earlier Saturday, Williams pulled out of the Dubai Open, citing a change of schedule. She told tournament organizers she has been forced to take a closer look at her tight schedule for the year and decided to skip Dubai, which beings Monday.

The world's No. 2 player made a quick and impressive first stand against Hantuchova. Williams started the match with two blistering serves, one of which reached 113.7 miles per hour.

Hantuchova tried to answer Williams' serve, sending a 98 mph-ace that went right past Williams, giving her a 2-1 advantage early in the second set. But Williams answered right back in similar fashion, taking four straight games before Hantuchova finally got to 5-4.

Williams, however, was too much for the Slovak and closed out the set.

She now will face world No. 3 Clijsters on Sunday. Clijsters defeated fellow Belgian Justine Henin-Hardenne 6-2, 7-6 earlier Saturday.

Clijsters moved quickly to take the first set, capitalizing on solid backhands. But Henin-Hardenne came back late in the second set, tying it at 6.

A resurgent Clijsters gave Henin-Hardenne no chance in the tiebreaker, taking it 7-3. She was applauded by her fiance and men's world No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt, who was in attendance.

``I am happy to be through,'' Clijsters said. ``I was a bit sick yesterday, this match was better than against Patty Schnyder in the quarterfinal.''

Henin-Hardenne lost her last showdown with Clijsters in Australia in January 2-6, 3-6, and failed again to break her Belgian rival.

Williams said it's not a big deal that she's going to play Clijsters on her home turf.

``It does not bother me,'' Williams said. ``In playing at home, Kim has to feel good that the whole country is behind her.''

02/15/03 15:28 EST

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated P
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:18 AM   #2
country flag VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute
hmmm......I believe it, did Kim or Lleyton say it?

Loves of my life....
Venus Ebone Starr Williams
Serena Jamica Williams
a lifelong and devoted fan since 1996

Official Life Coach of the Royal Court
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:40 AM   #3
country flag angele87

angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future
They aren't engaged.... almost 100% of non american media has always written fiance instead of boyfriend or girlfriend but neither of them has ever said they were engaged

There is no saint without a past, and no sinner without a future. - Shri Haidakhan Babaji

Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it. - Doug Larson

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
angele87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:45 AM   #4
country flag Mateo Mathieu
Aliasholic

Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute
They're not engaged!

♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎

Mateo Mathieu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 03:58 AM   #5
country flag ASV
Team WTAworld

ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all
This got my hopes up that she'd have a baby and leave the tour
Highlights:1986(1) – Athens², 1988(1) – Belgian Open*, 1989(2)Roland Garros*, Barcelona*, 1990(7) – Barcelona*, Newport*, Hilton Head², Amelia Island², Tampa², Barcelona², Roland Garros§, 1991(4) – Washington, DC*, Sydney², Amelia Island², Barcelona², 1992(13)– Miami*, Canadian Open*, Australian Open², Virginia Slims Championship², Miami², Sydney², Tokyo[PP] ², Hilton Head², Amelia Island², Barcelona², Los Angeles², Filderstadt², Roland Garros§, 1993(9) – Miami*, Amelia Island*, Barcelona*, Hamburg*, US Open², Barcelona², Italian Open², Essen², Australian Open§, 1994(19)Roland Garros*, US Open*, Amelia Island*, Barcelona*, Hamburg*, Canadian Open*, Tokyo[Nicherei]*, Oakland*, US Open², Delray Beach², Light N’ Lively Doubles², Hilton Head², Amelia Island², Barcelona², Hamburg², San Diego², Canadian Open², Tokyo[Nicherei] ², Oakland², 1995(8) – Barcelona*, German Open*, Australian Open², Wimbledon², WTA Tour Championships², Miami², Barcelona², Eastbourne², 1996(11) – Hilton Head*, Hamburg*, Australian Open², Miami², Hilton Head², Amelia Island², Hamburg², Italian Open², Madrid², Eastbourne², Canadian Open², 1997(7) - Sydney², Miami², Madrid², San Diego², Filderstadt², Zurich², Moscow², 1998(2)Roland Garros*, Sydney*, 1999(4) – Cairo*, Cairo², Hamburg², Los Angeles², 2000(3) – German Open², Leipzig², US Open§, 2001(3) – Porto*, Madrid*, Miami², 2002(6) – Doha², Amelia Island², Sopot², Helsinki², New Haven², Tokyo[PP]²
-----------------------------------------
17 YEARS, 100 TITLES

Barcelona Bumblebee: #1 in our hearts forever!!

YYYYIroda TulyaganovaYYYY
ASV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:08 AM   #6
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

I am just reporting wha this article said. and who says they can't be engaged. They could have gotten engaged without the public knowing.
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:11 AM   #7
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute
Fiance means boyfriend in that sentence IMO...they're too young to marry!

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:15 AM   #8
country flag GBFH
College Grad

GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute
I thought they were engaged...this pic I saw on the wta website looks like Kim has something on her left ring finger...see if I can get it on here.

You can just barely see a glittery diamond on her hand...if it's not an engagement ring, is it some kind of family heirloom, or good luck charm or something?
GBFH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:27 AM   #9
Pinkie

Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future
LLeyton gave her that ring. But they both deny it's an engagement ring. Kinda like a friendship ring with diamond From the interviews I've read (too many ), Kim seems to talk about marrying Lleyton more in terms of when rather than if. But they're not officially engaged.
Pinkie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:31 AM   #10
country flag GBFH
College Grad

GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks pinkie
Wish my guy friends would give me a diamond
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:35 AM   #11
country flag angele87

angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Pinkie
LLeyton gave her that ring. But they both deny it's an engagement ring. Kinda like a friendship ring with diamond From the interviews I've read (too many ), Kim seems to talk about marrying Lleyton more in terms of when rather than if. But they're not officially engaged.

There is no saint without a past, and no sinner without a future. - Shri Haidakhan Babaji

Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it. - Doug Larson

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:39 AM   #12
Pinkie

Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by GBFH
Thanks pinkie
Wish my guy friends would give me a diamond
Hey, any time. Wtaworld is one of the few places this kind of knowledge is appreciated. In real life, it only gets me "you need to get a life" looks.

I'll settle for Kim's bank account. I'd get myself a really nice ring.
Pinkie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:42 AM   #13
country flag angele87

Y'all can have rings and money, I'll take Lleyton

Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:48 AM   #14
country flag ClijstersHewitt

ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Pinkie
Hey, any time. Wtaworld is one of the few places this kind of knowledge is appreciated. In real life, it only gets me "you need to get a life" looks.

I know that look all too well.

An empty chair at all the tables
And I'll be seein' you when all my days boil down
For now we'll say goodbye
We know it's not the last time
I've lost the best part of my day
But it's better where you're goin' anyway

Cystic Fibrosis Information

Cystic Fibrosis Trust

Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
ClijstersHewitt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:51 AM   #15
country flag GBFH
College Grad

Quote:
Originally posted by angele87
Y'all can have rings and money, I'll take Lleyton
LOL, he is a sexy beast