Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? - She withdrew! :( - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 25th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #61
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of
Re: Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? (SharaConnors Chap

Do we have any picture or video of her practice sessions with Jimmy C ?

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 25th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #62
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? (SharaConnors Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by !VamosRafa! View Post
Vika is playing 3 tournament leading up to the USO. She is a lock for Carlsbad and she will win one of Cincy/Toronto so so expect her to be seeded 2nd for the USO. I can't see Maria never takes Toronto seriously, so it will be tough

I'm just happy that she has been ranked in the top 3 since AO 2012
What has Vika done since her lucky Aussie Open win? Pretty much nothing. She's had more withdrawals and time off than Maria and is just as big a mystery heading into the hard court season as Maria.

Does it really matter if Maria is #2 or #3 for the US Open? It's the state of game and her form that's all that matters, not who her potential opponents are because of her seed. If Connors hasn't screwed anything up in his short time with her so far and she maintains form similar to what we've seen in 2013, pre-Wimbledon, then Maria is more than capable of contending in any tournament.

If she's playing anywhere close to her best, there's still only one player on tour better than her. If Vika is one of those players in her way, so be it. Azarenka will be the one feeling the pressure after getting drubbed that last 2 times they've played and Maria will be in good position to prove yet again what so many in the media and elsewhere refuse to accept, which is that Maria is the superior player in this rivalry.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #63
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
What has Vika done since her lucky Aussie Open win? Pretty much nothing. She's had more withdrawals and time off than Maria and is just as big a mystery heading into the hard court season as Maria.

Does it really matter if Maria is #2 or #3 for the US Open? It's the state of game and her form that's all that matters, not who her potential opponents are because of her seed. If Connors hasn't screwed anything up in his short time with her so far and she maintains form similar to what we've seen in 2013, pre-Wimbledon, then Maria is more than capable of contending in any tournament.

If she's playing anywhere close to her best, there's still only one player on tour better than her. If Vika is one of those players in her way, so be it. Azarenka will be the one feeling the pressure after getting drubbed that last 2 times they've played and Maria will be in good position to prove yet again what so many in the media and elsewhere refuse to accept, which is that Maria is the superior player in this rivalry.
You see, you can be the ultimate voice of reason and sanity when you want to.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #64
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Damn, Mex, really nice post!
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #65
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Who are you and what have you done with the person who was previously operating this account?

I agree though, I still don't understand why people get so hung up about rankings. Whether she's #2 or #3, it's just really symbolism that no-one cares about It's not like she's facing the humiliation of dropping out of the top 20 or anything. The only practical effect it has is that she could potentially meet Serena in the semis if she's 3rd seed, and frankly I think Maria has a better chance of beating her in a Slam semifinal than she does in a Slam final (where there's obviously all the extra pressure on top of the huge pressure of looking to finally get a win over her nemesis).
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #66
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and even though I like Azarenka, I am SO hungry for Maria to take the lead in their head-to-head by the end of the year </pipedream>
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #67
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Get that 2nd most prestigious tour title you're missing, Maria!
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #68
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Oh, and even though I like Azarenka, I am SO hungry for Maria to take the lead in their head-to-head by the end of the year </pipedream>
Premium member .

Will Maria do it though? I hope they meet 2-3 times more till the year ends .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 04:25 AM   #69
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully the luck is with my boyfriend and I. 2 free tickets for woman final

http://iris.ca/rogers-cup/

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 06:18 AM   #70
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
Hopefully the luck is with my boyfriend and I. 2 free tickets for woman final

http://iris.ca/rogers-cup/
Good luck!!!
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #71
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
Good luck!!!
Thank you

Hopefully Masha will be there if I get the free tickets But not another Serena's loss please

I'm not there for that

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #72
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Bring.it.on.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #73
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

i can΄t wait to see Maria on the court already, hopefully she will win that title finally

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #74
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
to prove yet again what so many in the media and elsewhere refuse to accept, which is that Maria is the superior player in this rivalry.
Refuse?? Superior? Is she?? Not yet. Azarenka developed into a player who is a bad matchup for Maria and I really do not see Maria's superiority in the matchup... Maybe in the future that will change. Hopefully.
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #75
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
Refuse?? Superior? Is she?? Not yet. Azarenka developed into a player who is a bad matchup for Maria and I really do not see Maria's superiority in the matchup... Maybe in the future that will change. Hopefully.
Yes, Maria is the better player and that's been apparent since Stuttgart last year. Before then, Maria was still trying to find her game since the shoulder surgery. There was steady improvement, but she hadn't reached her potential, her serve was still shaky, and that led to some bad losses, including the ones to Vika. But everything finally fell into place starting in the clay season last year. And when that happened, Maria became the clear number two in the world.

Crushed Vika in Stuttgart. She was the better player in New York and if she had consolidated that break and gone up 2-0 in the 2nd, it would've been an easy straight set win. But Maria got sloppy and lost concentration at the worst time. Go back and watch the match. Azarenka didn't even play that well in the 3rd set, Maria just gave it to her. I will admit that Beijing was bad and Vika beat a Maria that mysteriously didn't even show up. But then we get Istanbul and an easy beatdown handed out by Maria. And the recent French Open battle that was closer than it should have been. The stats were overwhelmingly in Maria's favor and, just like in New York, her sloppiness gave away games, rather than Vika elevating her level.

As far as I'm concerned, Maria has outplayed her in 4 of the last 5 meetings. Their matches are always played on Maria's terms. They are on her racket. She has more power, she is more aggressive, she dictates. Vika can only play her defensive style and hope Maria implodes with errors. Azarenka does play that style well, but it's not one you can dominate with against Serena or Maria. And Maria, in particular, is figuring it out more and more.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote