The Goddess and the King - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 19th, 2013, 02:35 AM   #1
country flag Sam L
blue swan

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
The Goddess and the King

Inspired by reading Rollo's article on Hilde Sperling's thread particularly this part: "Hilda enjoyed great respect and played in 1943 even mixed doubles with the 85-year-old tennis-loving King Gustav V." Not sure if it has been posted but here you can see Suzanne Lenglen playing with King Gustav of Sweden:

She was making him run that's for sure.

In the mood for love of Clio & Urania
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 5th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #2
country flag dwyerfan

dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Goddess and the King

Thanks for posting that. Lenglen is such an amazing player. She hit the ball so hard for her time. She also had grace and all court skills an amazing movement to go with her devastating power though.
dwyerfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 01:03 AM   #3
country flag dwyerfan

dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light

Do you happen to have anymore of the match than that. Do you have any other great Lenglen matches. I would love to see her Wimbledon thrashing of Molla Mallorey of 6-0, 6-2. That was especialy amazing as Molla is the all time record holder of the U.S Oepn with 8 titles and a great player herself but not in Suzanne's league. Suzanne lost to her at the U.S Open the previous year since she was sick and probably was mad and wanted to right things in Europe playing the Norwegian/American Mallorey. She probably played a super powerful all court game, and blew Molla away that day.
dwyerfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #4
country flag Sam L
blue swan

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwyerfan View Post
Do you happen to have anymore of the match than that. Do you have any other great Lenglen matches. I would love to see her Wimbledon thrashing of Molla Mallorey of 6-0, 6-2. That was especialy amazing as Molla is the all time record holder of the U.S Oepn with 8 titles and a great player herself but not in Suzanne's league. Suzanne lost to her at the U.S Open the previous year since she was sick and probably was mad and wanted to right things in Europe playing the Norwegian/American Mallorey. She probably played a super powerful all court game, and blew Molla away that day.
Unfortunately no. I would love to see more though. All the videos I've seen of her are on Youtube, some are taken off but replaced later. I would love to see that match also.

Please post any links if you have also. Thanks.

In the mood for love of Clio & Urania
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote