Tamarine Tanasugarn's Wimbledon record - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Tanasugarn Wimbledon 2003

6th consecutive 4th round loss 21 37.50%
Lives up to seeding and reaches the 3rd round 18 32.14%
Is upset early in the tournament 9 16.07%
The other possibility 8 14.29%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 14th, 2003, 10:18 PM   #1
country flag Messenger

Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice
Tamarine Tanasugarn's Wimbledon record

As most of you know, Tamarine holds the distinct achievement of reaching (and losing in) the 4th round of Wimbledon for 5 consecutive years.

1998: Martina
1999: Mirjana
2000: Serena
2001: Nathalie
2002: Monica

This year she will likely be again seeded in the 16-32 range meaning the earliest she could draw a top seed in the 3rd round. She's never reached a Grand Slam QF before. IMO it is unlikely that it will happen again, it's unlikely that someone loses in the 4th round for 6 consecutive years. But who knows? She'll lose before the 4th or I may be proven wrong and it happens again. Oh yes, there's one other possibility
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2003, 10:22 PM   #2
venusfan

venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of
Is Tamarine 4 straigh 4th round appearance better than Kournikova 1 semi and 1 4th round?

I don't think so but..
"I told her, `You don't want to get into a hitting battle with Sharapova, because it would be uneven for Sharapova, because Sharapova only has one good side and that's her backhand,"'. "`You don't want to get into that for the simple reason you would win. So try to hit some balls to her strong side, to her backhand, and that would help you with your match for tomorrow

Sir Richard Williams
venusfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 10:56 PM   #3
King Lindsay

King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point
If Tammy doesn't reach the fourth round and then lose, the stars will fall out of the sky, dr. phil will have credibility as a therapist, and the Israelis and the Palestinians will make nice.
King Lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 11:21 PM   #4
country flag VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute
Tammy has been blessed by the Wimbledon gods with good draws every year - especially back when there were only 16 seeds.

For her sake, I hope she makes it Her and Wimbledon 4th rounds are a staple

Loves of my life....
Venus Ebone Starr Williams
Serena Jamica Williams
a lifelong and devoted fan since 1996

Official Life Coach of the Royal Court
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 11:59 PM   #5
King Lindsay

King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point
hey, she hasn't always had good draws. In 2001, she upset Mauresmo in the 3rd round.

but I agree, things just seem to go her way there.
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 12:03 AM   #6
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute
come on -- Mauresmo in 2001 Grand Slams was like having a bye

Loves of my life....
Serena Jamica Williams

Old Feb 15th, 2003, 12:06 AM   #7
King Lindsay

untrue! she did make two QFs that year.

Besides, for Tammy, that was a massive, massive victory. I think it might've been the best of her career.
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 12:08 AM   #8
Keeper of Venus & Serena

What was AM ranked then? I know she was top 10....she won all those clay court matches.

I remember in Doha 01, Tami had a set-point on Hingis. I bet that was the best set of her life.

Loves of my life....
Serena Jamica Williams

Old Feb 15th, 2003, 12:09 AM   #9
Leena

Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll say she loses in the 3rd round... so she copies her '97 Wimby performance.
Leena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 12:09 AM   #10
Leena

Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point
Amelie was 6.
Leena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 12:11 AM   #11
King Lindsay

Tammy took a set from Jen last year ...

I remember that Hingis match. Didn't she have three setpoints? Leading 6-3 in the tiebreak, I think? I could be wrong ...
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 12:13 AM   #12
Keeper of Venus & Serena

I remember it was the 2nd set tiebreak and I was pissed and kept thinking "What if...."

I remember reading an article saying it was at 6-5 in the TB but it could have been more.

Loves of my life....
Serena Jamica Williams

Old Feb 15th, 2003, 12:14 AM   #13
Keeper of Venus & Serena

Where did she take a set from Jen?

Loves of my life....
Serena Jamica Williams

Old Feb 15th, 2003, 12:27 AM   #14
King Lindsay

LA, I think? 6-3 6-7 6-2, jen won. Or maybe it was 6-3 6-7 6-4.

Wasn't that Hingis-tammy match 7-6 6-1?
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 12:58 AM   #15
Keeper of Venus & Serena

It was LA, and the first score is right.

Hingis won 7-6, 6-1 also

I had to check, but your memory is good enough for you

Loves of my life....
Serena Jamica Williams