Maria and Thomas go seperate ways - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #226
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
I don't think bored is the correct word to use. But yeah, it seems pretty likely that they both came to an agreement that there wasn't too much more Thomas could offer. He seems to be a brilliant tennis analyst and technical coach - these aspects will be of massive benefit (in dire need) to Caroline - much more so than Masha at this point. But I guess it's all just speculation at this point.

I think a Caro/Masha match will be interesting considering Thomas knows every little in-and-out of Maria's game A bit unnerving But I wish him the best anyway because he did tremendous things with restructuring her forehand for slower surfaces...it really was a brilliant example of coaching with purpose.
Yeah, it will be weird to see him not in her box rooting for her opponent....
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #227
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I ended up reading Bodo's article on Maria and Connors: it's a mess as I thought.
Basically he thinks that he could only teach her how to beat Serena and nothing more
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #228
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

According to Russian press Wozn denied this collobaration....
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #229
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Mexicola, don't you know that "he cannot travel anymore" is just a good old PR trick?? Although I believed that he had some personal things and decided for real not to travel, because they were such a good team... And he really liked her and rooted for her. But I think the chemistry between Thomas and Masha went disappearing around RG - when he criticized her form... So I incline to the option of Maria dumping him.
And I agree that the one who risks here - is Maria not Jimmy...

Last edited by MM_1257 : Jul 16th, 2013 at 03:57 PM.
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #230
country flag Asanty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
Mexicola, don't you know that "he cannot travel anymore" is just a good old PR trick?? Although I believed that he had some personal things and decided for real not to travel, because they were such a good team... And he really liked her and rooted for her. But I think the chemistry between Thomas and Masha went disappearing around RG - when he criticized her form... So I incline to the option of Maria dumping him.
I think it was planned much earlier before RG and yeah I more tend to think that it was Maria's move. I am sure Thomas would never go b/c she payed him a lot and yeah he really liked her.
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #231
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As far as the who dumped whom thing goes, I think we'll have to wait to see if this Woz/Thomas thing is confirmed or not before having a better idea.

If Thomas is her new coach, then someone ends up looking really embarrassed here, after the comment about not wanting to travel. Did Maria dump him, offering up the travel excuse or did Thomas dump Maria, lying about not wanting to travel, and then jumping to Caroline a few days later?

If the Woz/Thomas thing is false, then we're back to seeing the Maria/Thomas split as more amicable and it's not much of a story.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #232
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah so apparently he isn't coaching Caro...awks
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #233
country flag LoveMasha2008

LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future

Both Matt Cronin and Mark Nixon confirmed that Thomas did tell Maria he wanted to spend more time with his family. So it seems that Masha was cheated...
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #234
country flag Asanty

Matt Cronin
@TennisReporters: Official from @CaroWozniacki camp: No discussion at all about bringing in new coach now OR in future. Piotr changed his mind?

I dunno whom to believe
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #235

LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future

Another tennis media denied the Woz/Hoggy rumour:

Thomas Hogstedt Won’t Be Coaching Wozniacki Any Time Soon

http://www.10sballs.com/2013/07/16/t...any-time-soon/
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #236

Maria Henriksen ‏@marialhenriksen 48m
@TennisReporters What do you think about the rumor that Högstedt is her new coach? (According to Danish media)

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 33m
@marialhenriksen I have heard no and would be surprised if true given he really did tell Maria he wanted time with his family
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #237
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Would it really be that much of a risk for Connors at this point in his career? At his age and little success and experience as a coach, it's not like tennis players were banging down his door asking him to coach. He could view this as his last great chance to get into the spotlight and be a part of tennis one last time, coaching one of the biggest stars ever. What reputation does he have? No matter what happens with Maria, he'll still be considered an all-time great player. And he never brought success to Roddick, so it's not like his coaching prowess is revered and he's putting it on the line handling a female player.

I don't think he has anything to lose at all here. Whether he lasts 6 months, a year, or whatever, I think he's going to enjoy being relevant again. It won't dent his family life much, I don't think. Maria is the one with everything at stake in this partnership.
That's exactly the point: the fact he couldn't coach Roddick to success makes the stakes even higher for him this time. That took some of the luster off Connors and arguably harmed his "credibility" in the tennis world. And his credibility will take an even bigger hit if he fails again, and with a woman to boot (we all know it's the horrible reality that a great male athlete coaching a woman has a big stigma). It's a lot safer for him at this point in his career to just stay safely in retirement, as that way his abilities are never questioned and people just remember him for the great player he was; by going into coaching, he has the chance of getting a big reward (another taste of glory by p.roxy, like Lendl's getting, if he can coach Maria to more Slam titles) but also comes with the risk of being judged as a failure if he can't do it.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #238
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

And how do we know he really said that to Maria?? That trick "of not travelling" is often pulled by so many coaches and players and PRs... Cahill and Roeger, Scott Byrnes and Ana and so on...
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #239
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

so he isnt picked by Piotr afterall? Martha's detractors were so pumped already...

Quote:
rule #1, never question her integrity.
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #240
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And how do we know he really said that to Maria?? That trick "of not travelling" is often pulled by so many coaches and players and PRs... Cahill and Roeger, Scott Byrnes and Ana and so on...
Agreed. We'll never truly know who "dumped" who and what happened.