Maria and Thomas go seperate ways - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 14th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #136
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

Lol there's some peak RVD posting in GM

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=568
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 14th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #137
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Lol there's some peak RVD posting in GM

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=568
hahahhahhahahahahahahhah

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 01:46 AM   #138
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
That is true. Roddick never was that talented a player, but he did have his moments. The whole purpose of bringing in Connors at that point in his career was to get him over the hump and get him past that Federer brick wall and win another major or two. And he couldn't do it. Maria certainly doesn't need that kind of coach. She has enough of her own experiences running into a Serena brick wall. Maria was 0-7 against Serena under Thomas and won one set.
Maria's atrocious record against Serena with Hogstedt as coach is the main reason this coaching change was made. I hope Connors can spur Maria on especially against Williams and to a lesser extent against Vika and Na. We shall see. Hogstedt helped Pova win the career slam 13 months ago but it was time for him to go. I hope Jimmy can help Masha with her serve but he was not a good server so I have my doubts about that.. Maybe Jimmy can spark Pova the way he did Roddick. We shall see.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 02:03 AM   #139
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by masha122 View Post
yep he loves the drama he already started bitching :

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 37 s
...respect him & as long as interactions arent too frequent/extensive it could last a year or more. But he can lose interest (ie Roddick)
Ouvrir Répondre Retweeter Favori Plus
Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 2 min
On Sharapova and Connors: I suspect he's not going to be around every tournament & there will be a coach working under him. She does..
Roddick did say when he split with Connors that one of the factors was Connors "maybe did not get the results he wanted". I kind of feel like if he doesn't lead Maria to a Slam title within the next 12 months that he probably won't hang around. If he DOES get her that Slam title then who knows though.

Quote:
Maria's atrocious record against Serena with Hogstedt as coach is the main reason this coaching change was made. I hope Connors can spur Maria on especially against Williams and to a lesser extent against Vika and Na. We shall see. Hogstedt helped Pova win the career slam 13 months ago but it was time for him to go. I hope Jimmy can help Masha with her serve but he was not a good server so I have my doubts about that.. Maybe Jimmy can spark Pova the way he did Roddick. We shall see.
I still maintain that the serve is sorted (or atleast, as sorted as it will ever be) and should be one of her lowest priorities to work on now.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 02:43 AM   #140
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

Look jajaja:

Quote:
WILL ‏@BrokebackTennis
Wonder what Maria's big fan @ChrissieEvert thinks of her new coach?
Quote:
Chris Evert ‏@ChrissieEvert 5h
@BrokebackTennis I wish Maria the best and try being a nice person...
Maybe Maria lost a fan jeje

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #141
country flag Pova fan

Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone know if Chrissie was following Maria on twitter? If she did, she isn't anymore.
Pova fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #142
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at least we won't have to hear Chrissie suck Maria's teet anymore
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #143
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

You gotta love how most people don't want Connors as her coach because they don't like him as a person

It's also ridiculous to think she wants a different coach for the sole purpose of beating Serena.

As for myself, I will just wait and see how this turns out. If it doesn't work I'm sure Maria will change it sooner rather than later.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #144
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Chrissie's tweet was saying she didn't mind that Jimmy is coaching Maria?
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #145
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm nervous about it. I don't expect it to turn out a la Murray-Lendl, I feel it's more likely to be a disappointment than the ideal choice for Maria.
It's an intriguing move anyway, curious to see how it'll go.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #146
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
Knowing Maria she would only work with someone she knows for a while and Jimmy Connors fit that criteria. He knows her game and has been partnering behind the scene I'd say after Miami.

I believe the decision was made after Miami that Wimbledon was the last tournament they were going work together. Remember Maria said Wimbledon was her priority this year? I'm thinking its because her grass result hasn't been great and it's their last chance to tweak things around. If it clicked then Thomas would stay if not, split.

I like Jimmy, bring back her cockiness on court and her lethal stare.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #147
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
STOP THE DRAMA
The irony!
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #148
country flag LoveMasha2008

LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 1h
Although we often hear "I want 2 spend more time w/ family' as smokescreen 4 other things, apparently Hogstedt really did say that 2 Maria
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #149
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

@JimmyConnors: Excited to be working with 4 time GS champion @MariaSharapova Adding to that number is the goal. Looking forward to some fun & hard work!
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #150
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Adding to that number is the goal .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote