Maria and Thomas go seperate ways - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 11th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #1
country flag zigga

zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold
Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

http://www.mariasharapova.com/news/m...part-ways.aspx

I wonder who the new coach will be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #2
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

I loved Hoggy. He totally made her a better, more well-rounded tennis player and an incredible athlete. He will be missed
but it's obvious they didn't part on bad terms. I wonder who the new coach is?

Last edited by Cosmic Voices : Jul 12th, 2013 at 12:35 AM.
Cosmic Voices is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #3
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future

I was not expecting this at all.
He was a great coach who kept Maria motivated and put her on the right track when she seemed to lose her way during her matches.

He helped her complete her career GS, so good work Hoggy. I loved how he looked like Maria's #1 fan during her matches, rather than her coach.
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #4
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post

I was not expecting this at all.
He was a great coach who kept Maria motivated and put her on the right track when she seemed to lose her way during her matches.

He helped her complete her career GS, so good work Hoggy. I loved how he looked like Maria's #1 fan during her matches, rather than her coach.
+ 1. I'll miss him.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #5
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Wait. What?
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #6
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not totally sure I buy that it was just "personal issues" on Hogstedt's part, tbh...
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #7
country flag NiMaria

NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light

Wow. This comes as a huge shock. I wonder who her new coach will be. Hopefully it doesn't have a bad effect on her results going into USO.
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #8
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Out of nowhere. I am absolutely shocked.
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #9
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Fck. Fck. Fck.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:41 AM   #10
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Wow, this really came out of the blue, did not expect it it all. I really liked Hoggy and the way he improved some aspects of Maria's game. He has really done a great job with her and I think he played a very important role in her winning RG in the end. I'll sure miss him in the stands cheering for Maria I do wonder who her new coach will be though. Nigel Sears is open and in the market

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 01:14 AM   #11
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a little sad (and worried TBH) to hear this news. He was so instrumental in getting her career back on track. Hopefully this new coach will be able to take her even higher. I have no idea who she might possibly choose.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #12
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

I do hear what people are saying about her game having stagnated over the past 12 months (which is disappointing since, for the 18 months before that, since she started working with Hogstedt, she was pretty much constantly improving), but I'm just so worried that, without them, she will revert to the 2010 horror-shows #neverforget
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #13
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

Why she didn't wait until the Us Open finish?

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #14
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

I think after RG last year, her game has been pretty standstill? She won no titles until IW this year and how many finals were blown off since 2011?

It almost feels like she achieved what she could have with Thomas and it's time to take things to the next level if she wants to stay on the top of the game.

It's a good time to part and test the new coach because she basically has not much to defend in the second half of the season.

Just please, bring back her killer shot + consistencies.

Who else left in her team besides Thomas??????
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 01:46 AM   #15
country flag Charlatan
17 >>> Your Fav

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

He will be missed Thanks for all the memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I do hear what people are saying about her game having stagnated over the past 12 months (which is disappointing since, for the 18 months before that, since she started working with Hogstedt, she was pretty much constantly improving), but I'm just so worried that, without them, she will revert to the 2010 horror-shows #neverforget
I agree. Since after losing to Lisicki last year, they have been working to improve her forehand on faster surfaces and we witnessed the drastic improvements on her hardcourt matches later that year.

But her game is going nowhere starting in 2013. Not to mention her claycourt season is a bit underwhelming although she still had a consistent result (she didn't even play particularly that well in 2013 clay season compared to 2012)

I do hope we will never experience the 2010 old school pova aggressive style with the lack of consistency. But still looking forward to what a new coach is gonna bring in her game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Atomic Bomb View Post
Don't laugh at your superiors. Bow down bitch.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote