Daniela in Antwerp - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2003, 09:39 PM   #1
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
Daniela in Antwerp

Daniela faces Els Callens tomorrow evening.

It will be a tough match, cause everone will be supporting Els.

GOOD LUCK DANI!!!!!!!!
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 13th, 2003, 01:29 AM   #2
country flag moogle san

moogle san has disabled reputation
DANI
you'll do it for sure
moogle san is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 05:46 AM   #3
country flag Wojtek

Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute
This match will be live on Eurosport
Wojtek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 11:28 AM   #4
country flag moogle san

Dani live on TV
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 07:48 PM   #5
country flag moogle san

whoa, what a great match - callens was a real challenger
good luck in the next round dani
and with a little bit of luck as well on eurosport fingers crossed!!
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 08:36 PM   #6
country flag No Doubt

No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice
Dani beat Dechy 7 5, 7 6 - well done girl! I didn't see the match, but by the score im guessing it was pretty close! How did she play? better or worse than against Callens?
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 09:21 PM   #7
country flag GrahamD

GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold
I think Daniela played better against Dechy than she did against Callens, but seemed to choke a bit when in winning positions. This game should have been closed out much easier than it was, but credit to Nathalie, she battled well and made a good fight of it. Even still, more credit due to Dani for surviving a spirited comeback, she showed good strength of character. She just needs to focus on not letting her opponent see her frustrations. She needs to bottle up that anger and take it out on her opponent rather than bashing her racket into the ground. Apart from that, it was a good performance and should give her plenty of confidence to go and beat Williams tomorrow.
GrahamD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 09:32 PM   #8
country flag moogle san

Well, I'd say she played better than against callens. Especially her serve seems to have recovered. I don't know the exact number but she made more than 10 aces
The major problem today was that she always got somewhat distracted and nervous when she had a relatively high lead : she was leading 4-1 in the first set, 5-0 (!) in the first TB - which she won with 7-4 only and also 4-1 in the 2nd set. However she made the "real" big points, which is finally the most important thing even though Dechy was fighting back very well all the time (as callens did the day before - looks like the "older" ladies don't wanna lose against the young and not-so-experienced dani ).
At the beginning of the 2nd set (until 4-1) dani was really putting on a show, playing self-confident and not letting dechy a small chance to make some points.
If she can play like that again tomorrow against venus... there is a possibility that venus will be sent home (dreaming is allowed, isn't it? )

you can do it dani
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 09:39 PM   #9
country flag moogle san

agree with you graham. she bashed her racket about 5 or 6 times, and once it looked like she was even blaming her coach for something (the german commentator on eurosport said somethin like that) she really got very angry today
tomorrow she should just take the frustrations (that surely will come...) out on venus
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 09:52 PM   #10
country flag No Doubt

No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice No Doubt is just really nice
Hey moogle san and grahamduke2003 thanks for the match reports!!
Glad to hear dani was playing better! i must admit i got a little worried about her performance vs. callens, she seemed to just get down on herself too much! Oh well, good luck vs. venus tomorrow girl!!