You know what really grinds my gears? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 9th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #16
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

People who are loudmouths and have no filter when they speak, and say it's OK because "that's just the way they are".

Or worse yet, people who let loudmouths get away with it because "that's just the way they are".
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #17
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

All of these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMiss Britters View Post
*- People who don't pick up their dog poo. You should all be forced to bathe in a sea of acid.

*- Anybody who's ever described themselves as "zany", "wacky" or "a little bit out there". CRINGE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
Parents letting their kids to stand on seats with their fucking shoes on .

People talking loud on any public transport. Oh, and people who apparently know each other but decide to sit separately BUT still talk to each other.

People walking so slowly on the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
-People who exit a building in a group, and then mill around the doorway so that no-one can get out
-The popularity of Two and a Half Men
-The season finale of Twin Peaks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMiss Britters View Post
*- Parents who take their kids to public places & don't even try to keep them under control. I don't want smelly 7 year olds under my table when I'm trying to eat, thanks.

*- Servers at restaurants/pubs/shops leaving you waiting at the counter while they finish their conversation with each other. Do your friggin' job.

*- People who don't hold a door open for you. Come on, that's pretty basic manners.

*- Anybody who's ever pushed in a queue. I will hunt you down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
Neighbors who blast music out of cars while driving through neighborhoods, or blast music outside. I don't want to hear it.

People who live in apartments who are excessively loud with music / blaring TV / shouting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon. View Post
-Noisy eaters.

-People who talk at the cinema.

-When people miss the trash can and then don't pick up their trash.

-People who never say thanks. Even if it's a little thing, it's just a fucking word.
Plus:
  • People who walk through a door you've held open for them without saying thanks, or even acknowledging your existence
  • People who don't stack their shopping basket neatly at the supermarket
  • People who put their own basket on top of said improperly stacked basket, making it impossible to restack it without taking all the baskets out and starting all over again
  • Smokers who think their butts are not filthy trash and just flick them any fucking where
  • Cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
This is a very therapeutic thread
This thread is a lifesaver.

It really grinds my gears that nobody came up with this thread before now
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #18
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
  • Smokers who think their butts are not filthy trash and just flick them any fucking where
YES OMG WHY IS THIS LEGAL
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #19
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

People who putter along at like 20 mph until they see a yellow light and then floor it, so you're stuck at the red.

People who pull out in front of you and make you hit your brakes when there are no cars behind you for like 3 blocks.

The fact librarians never tell little kids to shut up any more.

People who are rude to servers/waitstaff over incredibly minor inconveniences that could be solved with a polite inquiry

That it's 2013, and yet some people are still mystified as to how ATM/credit card swipers work at checkout counters.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #20
Shadowcat

Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
I know I'll get blasted for this...but I'm weird about people who wear their outdoor shoes in the house! Think about all the crap you step on outside every day, then you walk on your carpet?! I don't get it. I've been in countless houses where I ask, "Do you want me to take my shoes off?" and they say "Oh, no, leave them on" and I look and they have theirs on and their carpets are filthy/gray/black in the areas where they walk! Ugh!

I guess if you have all hardwood floors or ceramic tile, it's different, but outdoor shoes on carpet? :vomit:
You'll be surprised. In here it is our culture to not wear shoes in a house so when we are watching a US show and they are wearing shoes inside their house, everyone was so shocked but I think I am the only one who knows.

“If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.”
― Flavia Weedn
Shadowcat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #21
Shadowcat

Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All of these:
  • Cycling

“If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.”
― Flavia Weedn
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #22
Shadowcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
The fact librarians never tell little kids to shut up any more.
They still do that here.

― Flavia Weedn
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #23
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
They still do that here.
It is good to know there are still traces of culture and civilization left in the world!
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Old Jul 9th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #24

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hate it. With a passion. Seriously don't understand what people see in it.

I would need some pretty serious PEDs to get me through watching a single stage of the TdF. But I understand that mine is pretty much a minority position.
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #25
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

In the US, we have a particularly noxious class of cyclists who demand all sorts of special treatment and "bike awareness" but totally disregard any rules of the road, e.g. running stop signs, alternating between using bike lanes, roadways and pedestrian walkways with flagrant disregard for their safety or that of others, etc.

Yeah, they grind my gears.

Old Jul 9th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #26
Shadowcat

Quote:
Hate it. With a passion. Seriously don't understand what people see in it.

I would need some pretty serious PEDs to get me through watching a single stage of the TdF. But I understand that mine is pretty much a minority position.
Do you hate the sport or watching cycling?

― Flavia Weedn
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #27
country flag LilMiss Britters

LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon. View Post
-When someone tickles/tries to tickle me. There is no reason for that, ever.
Oh my god, that SO MUCH!!! It's not even a little bit funny, it just makes me want to drive a fork through your forehead.

Quote:
[*] Smokers who think their butts are not filthy trash and just flick them any fucking where
That sort of plays into my next one...

*- Inconsiderate smokers. You're the reason why so many people hate us & give us all a bad name.

*- People who cancel things 5 minutes before we're due to leave. Give me some friggin' notice so I don't spend forever getting ready, or have enough time to arrange something else!

*- Just ex-boyfriends generally.

*- Islamophobia. Half these people who go on EDL marches are the same people who cheer when Demba Ba scores for Chelsea or when Mo Farah won his gold medal.

*- Heading off on a journey & realising your iPod has 5% battery left.

*- Spitting out chewing gum on the ground. I don't wanna find that shit stuck to the bottom of my shoes.

*- Fat people who spend their lives complaining about being fat, but can't be arsed to do anything about it. If I ate what you ate & did no exercise, I'd be morbidly obese too!!!

*- People who update their twitter/facebook everytime they go to the gym, just to make sure you know about it. Seriously mate, nobody cares.

*- Bouncers. Thugs on a power trip who weren't brave/fit enough to join the army or clever enough to join the police force. I've seen so many of my lad mates get started on without any provocation & they're allowed to get away with it. The scummiest of scumbags.

*- When you can't wash off a handstamp from the night before no matter how hard you try. It looks so tacky and just generally gross.

*- Clubs that stamp your hand going into them. What is the point?! Give me a wristband.

*- Donald Trump. I get addicted to the American Apprentice but Trumpy boy makes my skin crawl. And what is that on top of his head?

Tying your faves in knots since 2005
LilMiss Britters is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #28

Quote:
Do you hate the sport or watching cycling?
Well I certainly hate watching it, and other than a casual ride in the countryside on my old 3-speed I've never even contemplated taking it up. I live in a part of the Netherlands where people are obsessed with the the sport, so I also hate this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
In the US, we have a particularly noxious class of cyclists who demand all sorts of special treatment and "bike awareness" but totally disregard any rules of the road, e.g. running stop signs, alternating between using bike lanes, roadways and pedestrian walkways with flagrant disregard for their safety or that of others, etc.

Yeah, they grind my gears.
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #29
country flag Super Dave

I wouldn't care if I never rode another bike again, and I probably won't. Just very uncomfortable for my ass and prostate and not enjoyable. TMI, I know
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #30
Shadowcat

Well I don't ride my bike on roads cause I'm a mountain bike rider. Instead of irritating drivers, joggers found us annoying too.

― Flavia Weedn