Justine Henin - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2003, 03:02 AM   #1
country flag Rtael
Team WTAworld

Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Justine Henin

BLAH!

I wanna know why everyone has such a problem with her? Or rather not with her, but with her ranking? some people claim she shouldn't be top 5? top 10 even? I wanna know why anyone would think such a stupid thing?

WHY HENIN DESERVES HER RANKING:
Wimbeldon Finalist and SemiFinalist
Ausopen SemiFinalist
Roland Garros SemiFinalist

if that's not enough let's think about this:
Serena williams was beaten 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5 time last year! only 5! And who can we attribute one of those wins to? Justine Henin! Henin has career wins against every current top 10 players, including venus, serena, capriati, seles, davenport, dokic and hantuchova

so why do some people still refuse to give her the credit she's due? someone please help me out here!

"You Worry About Your Jump Rope and Yourself!" -Coral on Battle of the Sexes 2

Running for the cliff again...
Rtael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 12th, 2003, 03:07 AM   #2
country flag Venus Forever
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
She may have a win over every player, but she does have one of the worst records against the current top 10. Only Dokic has a worse record against the top 10. I think she only has a 20-30 winning %.

Just stating facts, I think Henin-Hardenne does deserve to remain in the top 10.

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Venus Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 03:17 AM   #3
country flag Rtael
Team WTAworld

Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute
lol, top 10? she should remain in top 5!
Just because she can't beat every player every time, doesn't mean she isn't capable of it, and as you can see, when the big time comes, when GS's roll around, she can always compete (disregard RG 2002 when she was sick)

"You Worry About Your Jump Rope and Yourself!" -Coral on Battle of the Sexes 2

Running for the cliff again...
Rtael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 03:18 AM   #4
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
henin-hardenne should definately be top 10 and at the moment she should be top 5. i would say davenport and mauresmo are the two players outside the top 5 that deserve it from how they are playing.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 03:21 AM   #5
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
She does deserve her ranking, but that doesn't mean I think she's the fourth best player in the world. I don't. She's about #6 or #7, in my book. But I don't run a worlwide tennis tour.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 03:21 AM   #6
joao

joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road
Henin suffers from the comparison with her fellow belgian friend (Clijsters). Clearly she still plays a lower level compared to her but ... she deserves her ranking! As a matter of fact all players deserve their ranking! Even Dokic ... but while Henin will stay in the top10-5 this year, Dokic will not!

It's fun, friendly and free!!!!

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most", Darwinian Motto
joao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 03:30 AM   #7
gladysharon

gladysharon is a splendid one to behold gladysharon is a splendid one to behold gladysharon is a splendid one to behold gladysharon is a splendid one to behold gladysharon is a splendid one to behold gladysharon is a splendid one to behold gladysharon is a splendid one to behold gladysharon is a splendid one to behold gladysharon is a splendid one to behold gladysharon is a splendid one to behold gladysharon is a splendid one to behold
Justine definitely deserves her no 4 spot! She may be a bit mentally brittle but given time & more experience, she'll prove to everyone, even not fans of hers, that she's one of best's best.
gladysharon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 03:41 AM   #8
xin

xin is an unknown quantity at this point xin is an unknown quantity at this point xin is an unknown quantity at this point
[quote]Originally posted by xin
[b][quote][b]She may have a win over every player, but she does have one of the worst records against the current top 10. Only Dokic has a worse record against the top 10. I think she only has a 20-30 winning %.[b][quote]

You have to think how many times she plays the Williams, she reaches a lot of semis and finals. She can face top players more often than others. Besides, she doesn't have good draws.
xin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 06:15 AM   #9
persond

persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation OOOHH...What a shame!!!

[quote]Originally posted by xin
[b][quote]Originally posted by xin
[b][quote][b].
Quote:

. Besides, she doesn't have good draws.

I'll send her some "panties" straight away!!!
persond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 03:24 PM   #10
country flag bis2806

bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute
coz she freakin faked her injury twice against lindsay at the OZ open this year!
bis2806 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 03:37 PM   #11
country flag Shedevil

Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all
oh come on...faking an injury. So has Linsday, besides who hasn't.
I remember Stevenson did the same thing at the generali open(final against Henin), I don't want to offend anybody but she was so obviously faking it...the lil devil

I'm so desperate

love me

Shedevil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 03:45 PM   #12
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
Do we KNOW she was fakin' it? And much as I like Linzi, she can play with other players heads @ times, too, but sometime on a thread about her... Anyway, I'm still a big Juju fan (wait, there are only little Juju fans! ), but she cut it pretty damn close today (6-4, 7-6).
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:13 PM   #13
country flag bis2806

bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute
oh please... only 'cheap' players fake injuries... like juju
bis2806 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:20 PM   #14
country flag Shedevil

Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all Shedevil is a name known to all
what do you mean by 'cheap'?

I'm so desperate

love me

Shedevil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:23 PM   #15
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by bis2806
oh please... only 'cheap' players fake injuries... like juju
sour loser imo..the loss at the AO is hard huh
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote