Caroline's 2014 Schedule - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #1
country flag adamserenavenus

adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold
Caroline's 2014 Schedule

Here is my view of Caroline's 2014 schedule.

Brisbane International
Sydney International
Australian Open
Qatar Open, Doha
Dubai Tennis Championships
Indian Wells Tennis Championships
Sony Ericsson Open, Miami
Family Circle Cup, Charleston
Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, Stuttgart
Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open
Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome
Brussels Open
French Open
Aegon International, Eastbourne
Wimbledon
Bank of the West Classic, Stanford
Roger's Cup, Montreal
Cincinnati Open
New Haven Open
US Open
Hansol Korea Open, Seoul
China Open, Beijing
Kremlin Cup, Moscow
Sony Ericsson Championships, Singapore
Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions, Sofia
adamserenavenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 24th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #2
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold
Re: Caroline's 2014 Schedule

My prediction of Caroline's schedule for next year:

ASB Classic- Auckland
Apia International Sydney- Sydney
Australian Open
Qatar Total Open- Doha
Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships- Dubai
BNP Paribas Open- Indian Wels
Sony Open Tennis- Miami
Family Circle Cup- Charleston
Porsche Tennis Grand Prix- Stuttgart
Mutua Madrid Open- Madrid
Internazionali BNL D'Itali- Rome
French Open
Aegon International- Eastbourne
Wimbledon
Rogers Cup- Montreal
Western and Southern Open- Cincinnati
New Haven Open at Yale- New Haven
US Open
KDB Korea Open- Seoul
Wuhan Tennis Open- Wuhan
China Open- Beijing
BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open- Luxembourg
WTA Championships/ Qatar Airways Tournament of Champions (depending on how she does during the year)
njcbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #3
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

What do you want? What we think she will play? What we think she should play? Two very different things. I think there needs to be a major re-think behind some of her scheduling decisions anyway. For one I would like to see her play a more minimal clay season, and then turn up to these USO series hard court events going on right now. Immediately thinking Charleston, Stuttgart and Brussels should get the chop. I would also like to see her stop playing the week before grand slams, and focus on actually peaking at grand slams. So a quick rough guide:

Brisbane
Australian Open
Doha
Dubai
Indian Wells
Miami
Madrid
Rome
Roland Garros
Birmingham
Wimbledon
Stanford
Montreal
Cincinnati
US Open
Wuhan
Beijing

It's also worth noting it's reasonably likely Caro will not finish the year in the top 10 and will not be under top 10 restrictions in her calendar next year. Now I have not put one international in the above schedule, but she probably will play at least 2 (if in the year end top 10).
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #4
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
What do you want? What we think she will play? What we think she should play? Two very different things. I think there needs to be a major re-think behind some of her scheduling decisions anyway. For one I would like to see her play a more minimal clay season, and then turn up to these USO series hard court events going on right now. Immediately thinking Charleston, Stuttgart and Brussels should get the chop. I would also like to see her stop playing the week before grand slams, and focus on actually peaking at grand slams. So a quick rough guide:

Brisbane
Australian Open
Doha
Dubai
Indian Wells
Miami
Madrid
Rome
Roland Garros
Birmingham
Wimbledon
Stanford
Montreal
Cincinnati
US Open
Wuhan
Beijing

It's also worth noting it's reasonably likely Caro will not finish the year in the top 10 and will not be under top 10 restrictions in her calendar next year. Now I have not put one international in the above schedule, but she probably will play at least 2 (if in the year end top 10).
17 tournaments seems like too few for Caro. I think 20 tournaments in a year seems about right for Caro.

I like the reduced clay court schedule.

I'm not sure why peaking at the slams is a priority given how mediocre or awful she's been outside of them.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #5
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Abierto Monterrey ‏@Abierto_MTY
@CaroWozniacki can't wait to have you @ #AbiertoMty2014. See you in March!!! @WTA
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #6
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Abierto Monterrey ‏@Abierto_MTY
@CaroWozniacki can't wait to have you @ #AbiertoMty2014. See you in March!!! @WTA
Is this on hard court or clay? Was that the one where Pavlyuchenkova almost blew that 5-0 third set lead in the final against Kerber? Thanks a lot!
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #7
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, its hard and Pavs beat Kerber this year
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #8
country flag njcbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Yeah, its hard and Pavs beat Kerber this year
Finally, she's scheduling to her strengths for once. We all know clay's not her best surface, so she should practice on it more and play fewer tournaments. She really only needs to play Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome, and Paris imo. Looked like a decent field last year, too. Especially for an international event.
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 01:07 AM   #9
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcbe View Post
Finally, she's scheduling to her strengths for once. We all know clay's not her best surface, so she should practice on it more and play fewer tournaments. She really only needs to play Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome, and Paris imo. Looked like a decent field last year, too. Especially for an international event.
Green clay has been a good surface for Caro even if she did flop this year at Charleston.

Caro's two international tournaments for this year are both hard court tournaments.

I don't see the need to play Stuttgart. It's an indoor clay tournament which isn't that relevant to outdoor clay.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #10
country flag njcbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Green clay has been a good surface for Caro even if she did flop this year at Charleston.

Caro's two international tournaments for this year are both hard court tournaments.

I don't see the need to play Stuttgart. It's an indoor clay tournament which isn't that relevant to outdoor clay.
Yeah, but if indoor red clay doesn't help her prepare for Paris, then green clay doesn't either. The fact that she's shortening the clay court season is what's smart about her scheduling. She doesn't need to play Charleston, regardless of how well she plays there. Stuttgart is also the first big clay court lead up to the French Open and basically all of the top players go there.
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #11
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post

I am with you Protoss on Stuttgart. I don't see the point either. It's indoor, it's oil clay. It's as similar to RG surface, as oil is to water (almost).

Further, everyone plays there, so it's always hard work for a few wins. It's not worth the effort, imho.

Green clay is just the transit surface from hard to clay. It does make some sense imho, but ... Charleston right after Miami, right after I/W ... Nope. Not worth it either.

So personally, I'd prefer Miami, then Rome/Madrid (whatever order they are in that year) and then RG. Then Birmingham or other grass tournament in that week, break, then Wimbledon.

I 100% agree with Ozza, she should stop. JUST STOP. Playing tournaments the week before slams. If she wants to be and still thinks she is, a contender, she should not play those pre-slam weeks.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 03:42 AM   #12
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I am with you Protoss on Stuttgart. I don't see the point either. It's indoor, it's oil clay. It's as similar to RG surface, as oil is to water (almost).

Further, everyone plays there, so it's always hard work for a few wins. It's not worth the effort, imho.

Green clay is just the transit surface from hard to clay. It does make some sense imho, but ... Charleston right after Miami, right after I/W ... Nope. Not worth it either.

So personally, I'd prefer Miami, then Rome/Madrid (whatever order they are in that year) and then RG. Then Birmingham or other grass tournament in that week, break, then Wimbledon.

I 100% agree with Ozza, she should stop. JUST STOP. Playing tournaments the week before slams. If she wants to be and still thinks she is, a contender, she should not play those pre-slam weeks.
As far as a grass court tournament the week after the French Open, I think Caro may want a bit of a break between the clay season and the grass season.

What about Caro's fondness for New Haven?
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #13
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I think her Schedule should look something like this

Brisbane
Sydney
Australian Open
Doha
Dubai
Indian Wells
Miami
Monterrey Open
Madrid
Rome
French Open
AEGON Classic
AEGON International
Wimbledon
Bank of the West Classic
Rogers Cup
Western & Southern Open
New Haven Open at Yale
US Open
KDB Korea Open
Wuhan Tennis Open
China Open
Kremlin Cup

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #14
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
I think her Schedule should look something like this

Brisbane
Sydney
Australian Open
Doha
Dubai
Indian Wells
Miami
Monterrey Open
Madrid
Rome
French Open
AEGON Classic
AEGON International
Wimbledon
Bank of the West Classic
Rogers Cup
Western & Southern Open
New Haven Open at Yale
US Open
KDB Korea Open
Wuhan Tennis Open
China Open
Kremlin Cup
23 tournaments seems a bit much and I don't think playing 4 tournaments leading into the US Open is a good idea. I'd rather see her go into the US Open a bit fresher than that.
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #15
country flag Protoss

Should Caro play Tokyo next year?

Caro has indicated that she likes the tournament and the conditions/courts there suit her game. The problem is that it comes before the premier 5 Wuhan next year and the week after is the premier mandatory Beijing.